VII. SHE IS

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NOT ENOUGH: Chapter 6

 

SHE IS

 

The masquerade ball ended just last week, but the mysterious aura of the whole school disappeared together with the elegant ambiance it exhibited. Even those acquaintances and friendships which blossoms behind the animosity of the hidden personality behind the mask which concealed it, is ultimately gone in a heartbeat.

 

Lacey is back to its business again.

 

A little past noon, the two medical students sat in a rather awkward position in the cafeteria full of chatter of unknown cliques and groups. Yuri and Taeyeon ate their mac and cheese in peace. Sitting in front of the two is Tiffany Hwang. The girl with her loose tie hanging in the collar of her typical Lacey uniform, looked ridiculously cool and nonchalant. With her book and the constant whirling of the teaspoon in her hands while it rotates gracefully, mixing the coffee in her porcelain cup, she did not notice the boring gaze of Taeyeon digging her skull. Yuri can only clear subtly. This tension is killing the hell out of her.

 

The last time Taeyeon went missing, they almost reported it to the authorities. After several possible places she can be, no sign of her emerged. So the day ended up with Yuri having a bruised wrists, two of them. It is a new fact that maybe today’s it girl generation is insanely strong. Jessica is one hell of a strong feminine woman, and Tiffany, her strength is in par with her voice, almost maximum. Funny thing is in the whole span of the searching process, Tiffany Hwang, the clingy cheater did not even touch a single hair of her physical aspect. Weird. So weird. Yet at the end of the day, Taeyeon returned to their dorm room with a beam on her face, looking happy at least, similar to a girl coming home from a date in the amusement park with a very cheap lover.

 

Why can’t Taeyeon just end this bull relationship and consider getting on with her life for once!

 

“So! Any plans for later?” Tiffany flashed the blinding smile at the two. She is not that shallow and insensitive to feel the cold air circulating between them. For the record she is way older than this two, in fact, her lifetime is over if not for being the flirty Una that hinders her from getting the age jump. Still Tiffany tried her best to somewhat gain a little smile from her small girlfriend who looks glum ever since she picked her up in her dormitory. She made sure last week to compel Taeyeon, this is not the right time to know her true nature, yet.

 

“I’m going to Ludwig’s to buy these new books Professor Mig mentioned earlier. Exams are near so I need to study if I want to graduate.” Yuri answered truthfully. Taeyeon managed to snort.

 

“You know you don’t need to study right? You will be graduating with honors anyway.” Tiffany with her eyebrows raised retorted.

 

“Taetae, any plans for later?” She turned her attention to Taeyeon, her eyes full of expectation. It glows and as far as Taeyeon can remember she never saw Tiffany’s eyes in a low light. She is always cheerful and the innocence is ever present despite knowing the fact that Tiffany is one hell of a flirt.

 

“Am going to the bistro. Just coffee and such. You? You have any plans? Or you want to come with me? I wanna introduce someone to you.” Taeyeon asked. Half hopeful half wanting to catch the fish not with its tail but for its mouth. Also, it is an added bonus for Tiffany and Soohyuk to meet, at least if ever Tiffany decided to target Soohyuk, she can watch closely. What a hopeless idea.

 

“I am going with Sunny to watch the soccer practice. Minho is playing and Sunny is a little bit interested in him, so yeah. I know it has been a stressful week and I will not hinder your alone time. You can introduce that someone to me…hmmm.. Maybe tomorrow?”

 

A bullet came rushing down Yuri’s forehead when she noticed the slight shifting of Taeyeon’s posture and the sudden transformation of her knuckles, forming into a fist. The word ‘soccer’ is merely an addition. Choi Siwon is pretty much in the soccer team. And Tiffany is sure as hell a little too out of her head to blatantly rub the truth of her cheater alter ego to Taeyeon.

 

“Soccer. Tsk.” Taeyeon smirked. And Tiffany started to eye Yuri, she only replied with a shrug. There is nothing left to do than watch things unfold in the limelight. Only a matter of time before Taeyeon explodes and Tiffany will have to say goodbye to her gold credit card.

 

“I have to go. See you around.” Taeyeon grabbed her bag in the seat without looking at Tiffany’s direction while she patted Yuri in the shoulders before paving her way out of the cafeteria.

 

“What is wrong with her? She is not herself lately.” Tiffany asked herself. Staring absentmindedly at the cold coffee in front of her.

 

“Oh please. If you are going to eat his face again behind those lockers, make sure you end things with my bestfriend first. For the first and last time, stop treating Taeyeon like a piece of crap. She never deserved anyone like you. Look, I am not supposed to meddle in your own personal business, but my bestfriend is looking like a ing idiot. And I am not going to stand by anymore.” Yuri gritted her teeth. Finally letting out the boiling desire of slapping Tiffany with harsh words. Taeyeon will definitely kill her for making a move first but this is the right thing to do. Tiffany gaped at Yuri’s statement, she knew that this confrontation will happen but she never realized how it affected her. The fear of losing Taeyeon is setting place and no matter how much she deemed to deny it, she cared for the girl. It surprised her how Yuri, the pacifist of all managed to say those words. Well, maybe she pushed Yuri too much for her to reach her limit. No one is blaming that tanned girl.

 

“I don’t want Taeyeon to get hurt. I am planning to tell her, but I don’t want to break it off with her just yet….I just..can’t..You won’t understand Yuri.” She lowered her head. There is no point in producing anymore lies. It is now or never.

 

“You already did! What do you think cheating can lead to? Taeyeon being proud of you? Have a little shame! God! And yes, I don’t understand. I tried being understanding by finding any reason for you to cheat on Taeyeon, but I found none. It is understandable if she is hurting you physically, making you like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter