IV. HEIR HUNTING

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NOT ENOUGH: CHAPTER 4

 

HEIR HUNTING

 

Taeyeon is not fond parties. Never in her life she imagined herself in those pool of drunkards all sprawled in the lawn of Lacey. No.

 

But the question remains the same for a span of minutes. Ever since she woke up feeling a little nauseated, her memories regarding the reason how she managed to drag herself in her dormitory room is pitch black. Heck she can’t even remember if she gulped too much tequila shots, knowing too well that she is not a drinker. She gathered her thoughts but came up with nothing. Her last recollection of the party is her being the usual dog of Tiffany Hwang, giving her girlfriend the satisfaction of waiting like a princess in their table while she help herself in the glass of wines.  And those contents in the glass have been emptied by the force exerted by the body of the girl she had bumped due to her unfazed focus on the glasses. Everyone is in masks yet the radiant beauty of the girl is not to be missed. And apparently, that is all she remembers. And it is slightly weird and scary. Why is she blacking out?

 

Standing on her feet, Taeyeon albeit walking in zigzag, head towards the small refrigerator at the corner of the room to help herself with some water. Sure, the room is dark yet the formation of a tall shadow beside the dresser never failed to catch the attention of her peripheral vision. She stood frozen. A little too scared and confused at the same time.

 

“Who are you? Show yourself.” She uttered in a low and careful voice. Still frozen in the spot.

 

“Are your memories back yet?” a voice she knew so well.

 

“ you Sooyoung! You scared me!” Taeyeon finally breathed a lungful of air when she realized that the head of the dormitory is once again at her job on lurking and entering dorms without even asking for the necessary permission.

 

“Seems she compelled you…..” the lanky girl has finally tied the knots of the puzzle. It seems that Kim Taeyeon is excluded from Tiffany’s I need to tell list.

 

Then again, Taeyeon is only Tiffany Hwang’s escape from the whole façade of being an old woman with a face of a 25 year old. And as far as Sooyoung knows, the “Daylight Patron” as what the night walkers has dubbed Tiffany as, is certainly just a child playing with a play thing she shouldn’t touch.  Sooyoung is a thousand and five, very young compared to the Veiss princess they are currently trying to control, and yet, she knew that as an Una, Tiffany is in no position to deceive such a kind soul as Kim Taeyeon.

 

“What is that?” Taeyeon asked. Not catching the phrase Sooyoung muttered under her breath.

 

“Nothing. Be sure to stay in here until Yuri arrives. You passed out because of too much alcohol. It will be my responsibility if you happened to hurt yourself in the process.” She gave Taeyeon a brief nod before letting herself disappear in the door.

 

“What the hell is that?”

 

~~

 

“Jessica?”

 

She saw him again. 300 years has passed yet he still looks exactly the same. His big eyes and his hair styled up in a quiff. Maybe something has changed, his clothes maybe? The old fashioned tuxedo and hats are all gone. Instead his medium sized body, although it is buff is adorned with black leather jacket and his boots are not tied properly. He is always like that. Having problems tying his shoe laces. Physically, nothing has changed drastically yet on the deeper side of the context, he has changed ten folds. He is never the same, he will never be the same.

 

“Donghae.” Jessica speaks the name with an obvious conviction. Grasping the ends of her gown to prevent herself from bawling her eyes again. How can be the boy she knew way back has become something like this? An Impure. A cursed vampire.

 

In fact, Lee Donghae has never been just a boy to Jessica. Lee Donghae is her first love and maybe, she vowed to be her last. Donghae’s eyes are of a murky shade of red, contrasting the soft light brown he had 300 years ago. Such a waste, those eyes harbor the most honest expression Jessica has ever encountered in her 3,000 years of existence.

She believed in love, because of him. A mere boy struggling to have a degree with his poorly constructed financial status fell in love with a girl who is practically living her life as the ideal girl of the entire school. Jessica sported a blonde hair 300 years ago. A cliché love story, and the usual cliché happy ending never happened to the both of them.

 

“You look incredible. Like always.” His voice as smooth as honey came ringing in Jessica’s ears. She wished to be indulged in the smoothness of the voice but woke up in her trance upon realizing the fact that her love is gone. An Impure vampire has always the mindset of a villain, their thoughts and actions are all conjured by the nature of the one who made them, vile, futile, dangerous, and cunning. A failed perfection.

“Why are you here? You do know that you are in my father’s dominion right? You are not welcome here.”

 

“We are not welcome anywhere. Is it always like that? Regarding any situations, we are always gonna be the unwanted.” He smirked a little. Putting the both of his hands in his pocket.

 

“So tell me why you are here? You are not alone, are you?” Jessica asked.

 

“Indeed. You know me too well Sica. You know your mother is getting impatient.” She gulped at the mention of her nickname. The name Donghae used to address her.

 

“I don’t have the slightest care if she is getting impatient or not. It is your job on finding her heir. Not mine.” Jessica crossed her hands. She took off her mask showing the full glory of her face. Donghae’s expression remained steely and unreadable.

 

“And yet, you are still the one who is going to benefit from this. If the heir turns out to be in your father’s liking, perhaps an addition to the Unas, then we will scramble to the ends of the earth finding solace in the necks of those people living in Amazon reeking of what is deemed to be natural.” Donghae uttered in full disgust. He scrunched in his nose upon a thought of having compelled to drink blood from the natives. Lee Donghae does not fancy those kind of people. In fact he hates them, scum of the earth. Still in their unusually odd underwear and the intricate paintings in their face. Not to mention the hair, and their weapons in the form of some stick when the whole world are now in the modernized era. Bombs and nuclear of some sort.

 

“Your kind is destroying the empire.” Jessica gritted her teeth. Her dark brown eyes stared into the murky red ones, finding any sort of emotion or any goodness at all.

 

“Not our fault.” Holding his hands in a surrender form, Donghae once again chuckled at the accusation. A mere foot soldier to the vast and great empire of Veiss. That is just how he is. A foot soldier. A failed experiment. Even with the initial purpose of making him, is the assumption that he might be the Veiss heir, Donghae is angry that he is a failure. He is not the Veiss heir. And looking at him now, an Impure. Certainly being a vampire has its perks but definitely a lot of cons when Lady Amanda is the one who turned you. Yet, he is not the end of the triangle, there are still the Vils, those vampires made by the Impures, they are the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter