EPILOGUE

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica
After a thousand years of the thousand.

 


Yuri seems to be happier today. I wonder. There is a day a thousand years ago, I remember it. I went to gather myself beside my love, undeniably attractive despite her longing stare in the window of the normal convenience store.  I offered my shoulders for her to lean on because sometimes it is Yuri’s habit to reminisce some things. Living for so damn long, I never ever realized that it would go on like a blur when everything that you desire is just right beside you. I closed my eyes, drowning in her soft breathing until I felt some droplets of tears gliding past my cheeks. 


“Why are you crying?” 


“You know what I wished to the Trinity in the Land of Roses Sica?” She leaned her head unto mine. Never forgetting the customary kiss on my forehead first. I nodded. And I hummed, “Peace.”


Maybe it is her time to say that everything is per normal. That we have attained peace. My soul belonged to her and her alone, at that moment, I have lived my life and my duties into a combination of happiness and bliss. I missed them. And I know Yuri misses them too.


“I saw them.”


“What?”


“They found peace not in death but in another life. I saw them, Sica, they are happy.”


I felt a soft pang of longing in my heart. I reached for Yuri’s face to caress it with my hands. Kissed her cheeks and wiped those tears that fell. How I wished I saw them too, how I wished I get to say hi to Tiffany and Sooyoung again. Share my food with Yoona, and celebrate birthdays while crying as I hear Seohyun’s words. Thank Taeyeon and Sunny. Play with the boys even if Yuri will get jealous. 


See my dad and Krystal again. Those kinds of things, those simple things.


I opened my eyes only to see Yuri’s boring into mine. Greeting me with a good morning kiss, sharing her heartbeat. We are very old and she has been a very good wife to me. Even if some do stress her out, it is like a weight that compliments her position in the empire. Two thousand years. And oh, she still looks the same and of course, I love her even more.


I saw her dashing to the bathroom to throw me a towel, bathroom kisses. Well, that is very 2000s.


“Sica, Yul, I have this friend of mine wanting to interview some young couples at the start of their marriage. Must be some kind of school project or something.” Hyoyeon, Yuri’s best friend at this lifetime.


She met several of them in the passing years but it seems like Hyoyeon is the only one that could make Yuri laugh like she once did with Taeyeon. They engage in popcorn battles and all the things Yuri, at her age, would gain an exception but no, she is still a kid. 


A young couple, starting their married life in the town is our cover this time. Albeit all the vampires knew who we are they are certainly mum about those things. We need to keep Lacey in touch and also the world. So we travel a lot. One time, Yuri brought me to the Bahamas and made me dance some dancing I would never be imagined that I would do, but for her..after thousands of years, I realized I was a good dancer.


We gleaned, it is the least that we could do for our friend. 


Sometime soon, we would see Hyoyeon grow old. Have family and all. The hardest part of this life is probably letting go of the ones you hold dear. And on that time sooner, we will say goodbye to Hyoyeon too. 


“Of course.” Yuri replies and Hyoyeon had this big smile on her face.

“First of all, are you happy?” Familiar grin and the twinkling of eyes that never faltered. Years and years of waiting, another lifetime passed. I saw my friend again. 


The gleaming tear fell on my eyes. She had taken a glance at me, her thoughtfulness embodies her soul, and it did follow her at this time as well. Tiffany gave me a handkerchief. Nodding as she urged me to receive it. Yuri only smiled, her fingers keeping me calm as it holds my heart in hers.


“I am happy.”


“Can I ask you a q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter