XXII. THE LIGHT CEASED

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not Enough: Chapter 22

 

THE LIGHT CEASED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Wordlessly shouting the same words over and over again. The same questions flooded her mind yet unable to exert the effort to even utter it. Jessica came to her senses after Donghae had spoken. His bright red eyes only indicated that the Impure had just fed. Moreover, Jessica exactly knew the specie. Human. Breathing human.

 

 

“My thoughts exactly.” His crippling voice, that smooth hushed words coming from the man Jessica is so innocently in love with. Eons ago.

 

Jessica turned her gaze upwards only to find Donghae sitting on the top of a car, gazing back not at her but the stars above them. His eyes slowly draping like curtains. His breathing slow.

 

 

“Few hundred years ago, I had given up my will to be free. Each and every time I planned to get out some force tells me to come back and eventually my will only speaks evil. And then I realized that it is somehow connected. On how I became a vampire.” Donghae came to look at her back.

 

 

“What exactly is your point in telling me this? Everything happened already. Too many lives are destroyed.” Jessica almost fell into that trap again. And so she decided to leave once and for all.

 

 

“I am here to tell you that somehow, I am innocent.”

 

 

This words halted down the Veiss. A tear fell and she felt the need to dig deeper. Sympathy perhaps? But isn’t it her fault in the first place? Amongst all the Impures, Donghae is the only one who didn’t offer himself as a worthy sacrifice. He was after all a victim.

 

 

“I don’t understand Hae.” Jessica says. The nickname of the past. Her endearment. Somehow. It’s a familiar feeling.

 

“When the devil came back to life. Suddenly it felt too different for me not to bat an eye. I was allowed to feel once again. My freedom came back, and I don’t know how. But somehow, I can control my will. And the first thing that I witnessed is how cruel I am.” Donghae stepped down gracefully. He smile at Jessica, not wicked like the past.

 

 

“You helped kill Sunny. Don’t start taking all the excuse and conjuring lies again Hae, you know Tiffany is coming for all of you.” Jessica purposely bit her lips to stop herself from tearing up once again. The memory of Sunny is still fresh and despite the new knowledge in Donghae’s current state, she still can’t believe anything he would say.

 

 

“I can’t force you to believe me. And I can’t even force myself to believe what I am saying Sica. But I am really sorry for what happened to Sunny.” Donghae flashed a tearful plea. He came forward only for Jessica to back up. Holding up her breath.

 

 

Yuri..Help me.

 

 

“Go. Before I burn you to pieces.”

 

 

“L and Lisa died because of so much power. And after they held their last breathe came the birth of my emotions. I am certain it has something to do with them. Like a link being severed. Sica, Key and Soohyuk are purely evil. I am not. You know that.” Donghae’s eyes poured with emotions. Jessica being glued on the spot called upon Yuri again.

 

 

“Link.” She uttered her thoughts. Only for Donghae to nod.

 

“If killing them would make a difference, then I am willing to sacrifice. If it would mean a thing. I want to absolve all the bad things that I had done. All of it are consuming me Sica. It hurts and I don’t want it.” He cried. The silver streak of his tears reflected the moon and it all dawned in the sunrise.

 

 

“He is telling the truth.”

 

 

“Yuri.” Donghae appeared as he is afraid. His eyes looking up the heir with much respect.

 

 

Yuri appeared as Jessica called her. But her eyes came to focus more on the man in the subject rather than Jessica trying to cater everything at once. But the heir’s capacity to detect any lies are so much more than everyone’s own capacity to understand. It is innate to the heir to measure every sentence and judge it whether they are sincere and true. More so, that made them the true ruler. Unhinge by the flaw of being biased.

 

And so, Yuri came forward. Clasping Jessica’s hand. Even if this is a serious matter, still her heart that is covered in green is still shouting out a protection spell if anyone touches her girl, in some sort, a beautiful ex-boyfriend is a threat.

 

 

“I can help.”

 

 

“Prove it.” Yuri held his hands.

 

 

Deep and dark magic flowed in his stream however his mind is pure and gentle. Yuri wanted every help she could get to gain information on how to kill the devil. As per which the reunion with the gods is nothing but a silly banter of puzzle, she did not gain any knowledge.

 

“Our words are never safe in this area. If you would, and if you could see right through me, you would know that I can be trusted. As of right now. Bind me with power, in case my evil self comes back. Kill me.” Donghae’s words stung Yuri’s heart.

 

 

“I can’t bind you with power, light is not meant to be mended with the dark. I could only isolate ourselves.”

 

 

“Then the heir’s home would be the best bet.” Donghae smiled.

 

 

As Jessica squeezed Yuri’s hand out of fear. Yuri had dissolved all of it in a soft peck in the forehead. Assuring her that she knows what she is doing.

 

 

“You will be out of the map then, Impure.”

 

 

“Only way to gain your trust is for me to be vulnerable.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

They had to take the car, back to the Heir’s castle. Magical capacities are hindered for dark and light can never co-exist in the balance of the world. Jessica took the liberty to compel a lady driver out of frustration just because Yuri won’t stop gaze killing Donghae who seemed to be uncomfortable at the intru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter