X. MAYBE NEXT TIME

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Not Enough: Chapter 10  

MAYBE NEXT TIME

A human has no physical powers to ever withstand the strength of two vampires. Moreover, the inhuman strength is gripping the ends of your arms, crushing the muscles hidden underneath. Kwon Yuri albeit using all of her willpower to even gain a disturbance in Jessica and Tiffany’s teamwork, it is still an obvious truth that her human capacity is insufficient. The blur of the forest came upon Yuri’s eyes, her dark locks sweeping across her face.

 

Vampires. They are not mere instruments of nightmares and fiction books.

 

Jessica and Tiffany did not waste time. A head start is the essential way for them to run. Taeyeon is now the devil worse than the devil herself. It is an irony that she even got to administer the idea of granting them permission to run. She is a predator, and there is nothing else that matters other than the bliss of satisfaction you can gain from the sight of your prey running for their lives. Running, not because they are stronger but rather they run for they are so much weaker. Perhaps, Kim Taeyeon likes a chase, and as her gray eyes lingers, there is no peace at all.

 

Lacey is one hell of a dream university. Furnished white Victorian theme halls scatter across hectares of buildings. It is in fact the dream school. For everything that lies in the surface is an awe to everyone. And as the white façade of the strong infrastructures comes to an abrupt dim, came a dash of darkness that lies underneath every extravagance, the underground hallway. Obscured from any eye, the headquarters of the Unas came into Yuri’s eyes ever so fast she felt her heart leap. Her breath came into a short amount of pants as finally the swift ride came into an abrupt stop. Her foot landed on a cold pavement. Marble. Standing in front of her is Jessica and Tiffany. Both looking immaculate as ever, but for a reason their eyes scream fear.

 

Yuri collected herself. Trying to tie every broken puzzle pieces of everything. A lone tear once again dropped from the corners of her eyes. Jessica took a step towards the tanned girl. When Yuri suddenly stopped her with her eyes. Angry and anguish all came rushing down, filling her dark orbs. Her emotions jabbed Jessica’s heart.

 

“Don’t come near me.”

 

“Yuri, please. We can explain.” Jessica’s voice echoed. The empty hallways reverted the voice back.

“WHAT LIES ARE YOU GOING TO POUR ON ME HUH? ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT? WHAT THE ARE THE BOTH OF YOU ARE?!” Yuri took a step back when she realized that Jessica and Tiffany are the true embodied symbol of the monsters her mother once told her. The ones that creeps into the night, lashing out your necks.

 

“Vampires.”

 

“Yoona.” Jessica voiced out to acknowledge the uninvited vampire leaning in the wall. Yuri her heel, she saw her. Of course, Yoona Im. The school’s belle. Now it is obvious how a fragile looking goddess is able to lift such weights.

 

“I don’t have time for this bull.” Yuri spat.

 

“This bull will get you killed. You know too much, you’re a human. Tiffany, you need to compel her, it’s for the best. Kim Taeyeon is gone.” Sooyoung came rushing in. The impact of her arrival made Yuri’s eyes twitch. All this time? The head of the dormitory is actually one of them?

 

“Lay a finger on her and you will face bull Sooyoung. She needs to know.” Jessica’s eyes penetrated the tall Una’s steely gaze. The silent battle concluded when Yoona obviously coughed to destroy the tension. Yuri on the other hand cannot comprehend.

 

“Well, the place is rather inconvenient. We might as well take it downstairs, where everybody can talk peacefully. Kwon Yuri, we heed you no harm. I understand that we are those creatures you practically draw in the realms of your imagination, and I know your confusion. But perhaps, give us a chance to put light in it. Tiffany, please.”

 

Not so tall, the eyes are slanted, his hair painted in a dark shade of brown, like those of the famous portraits drawled to be adorned. Lee Jinki, the Una’s leader spoke in a language extracted from a different time. Yuri blinked. Gracefully following the leader’s graceful footsteps with her eyes, and how his small hands are clasped together perfectly behind his back.

 

“Yuri, please.” Tiffany for the first time spoke. Extending her hand, leading the way down to the underground.

 

~~

 

Jessica followed everyone in the dark hallways. She saw how Yuri sank her hands behind Tiffany’s shredded uniform blazer. A pang of undesirable feeling erupted in the pits of her stomach. She knew that the Unas like this kind of atmosphere, dark and comfortable. The vampires like the Unas are good but nevertheless, they still blood from humans. Making them a creature of the night. For as well as every piece of description dubbed them as the good ones does not necessarily describe them as angels who fancies white embellishments and trumpets. For even the blood of the Veiss that runs along their veins made them immune to the harsh reality of being a vampire, a creature who is weak and vulnerable by the sun, the nature of them is still so evident for them to be uncomfortable with every aspect of flashy and bright hue.

 

Jessica turned when Yoona and Sooyoung also turned. The massive oak front doors opened wide. A long table made of the finest of stones crafted with hands of people from long ago, still stood with the luster and royalty. The classic Victorian armchairs lining up at either both sides, adorning with different shades of maroon and gray. One of which is occupied by a man, his light brown hair draped down his forehead, hiding his eyebrows. Yuri is astounded.

 

In the realm of the modern world where everything is minimalistic, this grandeur is a new environment. She knew who this people are, she knew Im Yoona, she knew Choi Sooyoung, she knew Lee Jinki, and the man she never expected to be here, Choi Minho, she knew him. And she quite have the best Intel in regards with Tiffany Hwang. Jessica Jung is still a mystery. A very beautiful mystery. And as Yuri stood there feeling a little bit small and out of place, she noticed, the first time she took an effort to even notice in fact, is that the rest of the people in the room are walking in a sense that it looks like they are gliding in midair with the gracefulness. Jessica in that matter took the seat in front, gliding past Yuri with her chin upwards.

 

“Sit.” Jinki’s velvet voice brought Yuri back. Hi is smiling, that usual gentle smile he is always giving the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter