IX. I REALLY AM NOT

Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NOT ENOUGH: Chapter 8   I REALLY AM NOT

A thousand years ago, Tiffany Hwang is a human being. A cheerful little teenager taking her time to live her life to the fullest. When a one certain bite from two sharp ended teeth made her life into a whole new perspective. She was, and will always be a cheerful one. And that alone is the only living marker of the whole persona she was once, the only reminder she has. Everything is different, her vision, her smell. Too far to admit that she was once a lame runner, all of this hidden underneath every dead beings for Tiffany Hwang is faster than the fastest man whether be dead or alive. And the eternal manifestation of immortality, made her believe, that the Tiffany her father knew is gone. Perhaps, life has many exciting plot twists and loopholes, and Ms. Hwang has never been far more excited.

 

Her decision to not turn anyone in her family is for the best. They have already done everything there is in life and they deserve to get rest. It is not her intention to be this way but what has been done is done. At that moment where her precious mother laid to rest in her small bed that Tiffany finally realized that she is alone. The night is cold, she remembered. Chilling her bones but as a vampire she is made to withstand it so she buried her mother alone, together with her father who came to rest before. The sight of them made Tiffany cry, the wonder and the beauty of dying together, the amazement of life’s precious end, someone did the waiting on the other side of the realm. And now that her mother and father is finally reunited and maybe somewhat found peace, Tiffany is beyond happy.

 

She is welcomed in the clan of Unas with flying colors. She was indeed not alone. Headmaster Jung proved her that. When he went to the ends of the earth just to find the teenage in a rampage of blood but with a heart of gold. Then it has to be Tiffany. There was a time when the oak doors of their manor opened revealing a face of a deer like deity flowed in the pavement, she said she is Yoona. Tiffany has found her little sister. And they will be together, forever. 

 

Fast forward to the modern time. People are fond of playing games on their phones, they now travel in motorize transportation quite a big contrast when you compare it a thousand years ago. And now, Tiffany Hwang is the popular cheerful one. She garnered many suitors, many friends. A funny statement to be shared together with Yoona or Sooyoung. An old lady like her would be pretty much a bane in everybody’s existence, if she were not a vampire. Taeyeon Kim, her girlfriend. A long story to relay, from how they met, from when they first kissed and it happened so fast. Time is not a problem to Tiffany, she will never get old anyway, so she lost count. But somewhere deep inside the perfect relationship she has is a desire for fun. For new variety of things to try on. She took Taeyeon for granted, she cared for her but she has not yet felt how love works. How is it supposed to be felt and consumed? And perhaps, that fun came a little too far in terms of immorality, she cheated. And she is ashamed but she did it anyway. When the wind of realization finally swayed her raging thoughts, the Taeyeon she knew is not there anymore. 

 

“Taeyeon! Buddy! Oh my god, what happened! Are you okay?” Yuri immediately snapped, running towards Taeyeon in a haste. Tiffany who had just recovered from her short remising, shot the tanned girl a longing look. If ever, the Queen Veiss indeed succeeded in her assumption of Taeyeon being the heir, perhaps, Taeyeon will eventually disregard her bestfriend. So as to speak, an heir without the blood of the princess is a true epitome of a monster.

 

“Kwon Yuri.” Taeyeon’s cold voice crept towards Yuri’s ears. Her eyes, she noticed, is a tad lighter than the red ones she exhibited after Lady Amanda turned her. Now, as Yuri stared at her once cheerful and dorky bestfriend’s eyes, she have this urge to cry. It is gray. Her eyes, Taeyeon Kim’s eyes is gray.

 

“Taeng, are you okay?” This time, in a soft tone. She needs this assurance. That Taeyeon is somewhere there. She has to applaud Taeyeon if ever all of this is a prank. But then again, all of the things that she had saw is too far to be even considered as a prank.

 

“Indeed I am. I felt power Yuri. It is like flowing n my veins. It burned, at first but now, such things don’t exist anymore.” Taeyeon managed to smirk. The gray eyes twinkling like diamonds, burning holes in Yuri’s dark ones. Her voice is calm but the lack of emotion injected in it only made Yuri smaller.

 

A lifetime full of science explanations. Each day she wakes up with the belief that everything is pulled by gravity, every human being has a limit, and in this world, such superficial things like vampires and witches are just there to be the tool of nightmares.

Yuri pondered, convinced herself of the existent reality. But no. in a span of just 12 hours or so, she witnessed the beautiful girl she is fantasizing ever since she saw her rammed a man in the tree, an unbearable strength causing the sturdy and majestic natural creation to collapse. The span of time it took for her to realize that Tiffany the Queen is a fictional character too, is even shorter. Yuri cannot even fathom the amount of satisfaction she felt when Tiffany knelt to resonate a wail, in fact she wants Taeyeon to hear that. A sign that Tiffany cared. But such things are not meant to be celebrated. Such things needs explanation and no one dared to provide Yuri some knowledge. She is left in the dark. And as the watery eyes blinked, her tears came flowing, realizing that in the shortest time of all, she lost her bestfriend.

 

“What did you do?” Yuri remained stagnant in her position. Not even moving even when Jessica came right beside her in a flash. Holding her hands in hers. Jessica’s voice is like silk, it sounded so eloquent like she has lived to witness all the greatest musicals of all time. And then, Tiffany is like that too. Even when sometimes she resembles a classic teenager with teen problems, Tiffany Hwang has always been the master of vocabulary. Once, Taeyeon wondered why her girlfriend is such a master of languages, able to learn every single one of it. And the way she constructs her sentence is like from the other time. In the silence, Yuri put an answer in all her questions, of course they speak like that. Of course, they knew everything. Just because they have learned everything. They’ve lived long enough.

 

“I am asking you, Mama. What did you do?” Jessica asked again. Yuri flinched, she tried to pry her hands off. But the hold of Jessica’s stronger ones are keeping her from it. The man and the young boy is silent by the side of Jessica’s mother. All void of emotion. Taeyeon, standing with her hands in her pockets turned her attention to Jessica by tilting her head to the side.

 

“Again Sooyeon dear, I turned her.”

 

“But you can’t! She is an impure now!” Jessica cried.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter