Long, Happy Day

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Does this chapter deserve a thumbs up? Let me know!

 

Chapter 37: Long, Happy Day

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

Jessica stood up from the bench and checks her watch. Good Lord, she survived waiting for almost six hours without speaking or interacting with anyone. Just her eyes moving back and forth around the court, following Yul’s movements. The noise of screeching from shoes and the thumps of the ball onto a hardwood gym floor when they play is now replaced by silence and sounds of crickets.

 

Somehow, she felt her bottom numbed for sitting too long, fatigue on her back because of steel backrest from where she was sitting. But it vanished every time Yul comes near her during their break. He makes sure to uplift her mood and paid fair attention to her so she wouldn’t feel bored and lonely.

 

Now, she poised gracefully on her toes as she waits for him to finish cleaning up after the intense training. Some of his team mates have already went out and bid good bye to her but Yul isn’t coming out yet.

 

She sighed.

 

Her head lays low, lips pout. She swings one of her legs freely in the air as she crossed her arms, feeling a bit sleepy when she instinctively yawns.

 

Without notice, Yul came out from the door that divides both of them. He smiled when he saw her stance. His girl seems so jaded so he strutted fast near her and stood in her north.

 

“Sica.” He called with full of care in his voice. When she lifts her head, he flashed her a breathtaking smile.

 

Jessica saw it but gave him a puppy look with her shoulders slumped in return. “I’m tired..” She weakly complains as she frowns more. She lifelessly leans her body on him.

 

Yul giggles. It was him who had undergone six hour long intense training and yet the person in front of him complains what he should be grumbling about. He slowly circled her petite frame with his arms to comfort her. Jessica then buries her head on his chest and found her serenity by its softness and curves that fit perfectly for her head to rest on.

 

He squeezed her a little bit. “Come on, let’s take you home.” He kissed the side of her head and pulled away to take a look at her.

 

“My baby’s too tired.” He smiled with a tease as he caresses her head. Suddenly, a thought grew in his mind. “Or.. ice cream?” He beamed hopingly at her.

 

Jessica couldn’t help but smile, ice cream sounds pretty good to kick her sleeping cells alive. He really has way to her heart. “I’ll take it.”

 

Yul grinned widely. "My treat!"

 

---

 

"If I guess your favourite flavour, you'll have to grant me a wish." They stood there beside the counter as they speak. Yul leisurely leans his knuckles on it as he stares at Jessica.

 

She blinks. "O..kay." A lowly giggle came out from her.

 

"You have to give me three chances."

 

"Three are too many!"

 

"Babe, look at the flavours!" He frets as he pointed at the freezer stacked high with numerous tubs. "There’s plenty of it."

 

"But girls' favourites are easy to guess. You know we are too simple when it comes to ice cream."

 

The crew's eyes watches them alternately as they argue. Brows knotted, impatiently waiting for them to decide what to buy. But both of them are oblivious to the looks they are receiving and continued to talk more.

 

"It can't be chocolate, can it?" He chuckled. That flavour is too basic for a bold person like her.

 

"No." She shook her head and put on a poker face, not giving him any hints.

 

"Strawberry?"

 

"No..."

 

"See? I already guessed two but I still don't get it right." He complains and stood up straight. "That was just a practice so it doesn't count." He self-proclaimed.

 

"That's cheating!" She adorably yelled.

 

With a long face, he glanced at her. “I’m so drained.. don’t you want to make me feel better?” He bribes with that piteous sight he was casting out.

 

“You’re tricking me. What is it that you want?”

 

“Say you agree first.”

 

“Your proposal is inconsistent, Kwon.” She folds her arms together and still put on her straight face, not losing to him.

 

That statement made Yul smile like a fool and stopped beating around the bush anymore. “Okay, give me a clue at least.”

 

“This will be your last chance, ‘kay? Close enough to your first answer.” She was smiling a little, like there was a twist behind it to .

 

“Alright..” He inhaled before starting. “Bananachocolate,almondchocolate,rockyroad,chocolatechip,mintchoco-“

 

“Yah!!” Jessica bursts in laughter and covered his mouth to stop him from pouring out nonsense. He blabbered so fast to get the answer in one go but he is obviously deceiving her.

 

“What?” He acts innocent. “Did I get it right??”

 

“Yah, thick-face. Stop playing around!” She slapped his shoulder lightly.

 

He couldn’t hold his acting anymore and he chuckled in defeat. “You’re not letting me win!”

 

She sighs. “What do I do with you??” Her tone was somewhat affectionate.

 

“Love me.” It came out in ethereal and humorous way to not make her feel pressured to do or say anything. It was half-joke. But she held her breath as blood rushes to her head that turned her cheeks to blush so much. She purse her lips to hold herself against the squall of laughters that are about to come due to fervent butterflies in her stomach. She couldn’t utter something to that. She was awestruck.

 

Yul chortles at her and moves closer to give her a quick hug. She hurriedly buried her burning face on his upper body to hide.

 

“Stop hiding, I’m just kidding.” He laughingly said.

 

“Come on, I bet you’re already craving.” He pulls her away from him to check her reaction. He giggles when it reveals her blushing face.

 

“What do you want?” He segued. “Last guess.” He hopingly asked in the eyes.

 

Jessica breathes in to relax herself and cleared . Her face is still red as the flesh of a strawberry. “Go.” Still not looking to him.

 

He ponders as he bits his lip and narrows his eyes. “Mint chocolate?” He asked.

 

She grinned widely as if he predicted it right. “Why?” Jessica questioned.

 

Yul let out a toothy smile and gazes fixedly at her, seems like he wants to speak but couldn’t bring it out.

 

“Why?~” Jessica persisted.

 

He finds the right momentum before saying, “..Because you’re cool as mint and sweet as chocolate.” His breath came in quick gasps between his unstoppable giggles. He too, felt what he just spat was too cheesy for their own good.

 

A high pitched scream reverberated through the ice cream parlor. She hasn’t recovered yet from his flowery words earlier and he had added another one again that made her cheeks heat up. Jessica couldn’t suppress her smiles so she covers her face with both of her palms. “You creep! Why do you keep making me blush?!” She hollered through her lowered face.

 

The crew behind the counter is now smiling like an idiot at their sweetness. He inevitably heard what these two are going on about because first, there are only few customers coming in and second, they are just right in front of him. Instead of feeling irritated at them taking a long time before ordering, he was kind of entertained watching the two.

 

Yul sighted him and laughingly shook his head in shame; someone has been watching them all along. He turned to Jessica. “It’s mint chocolate, right?” He pries her hands away from her beautiful face to take a look at her. Jessica nods her head and pinched his stomach.

 

“Ouch!” Yul sniggers his pain.

 

Jessica is still face down, avoiding his mischievous eyes.

 

After relaxing herself, she held her face up. “Why do we keep rambling about this? I can just tell you that.” She unbelievably exclaimed but deep inside, she’s liking the way he’s making her feel sensational.

                        

“It’s over now and you owe me.” His lips turned wide smugly and tugs her hand to pull her in front of the counter. “One caramel chocolate crunch and mint chocolate, please.” He told the crew and withdraws his wallet from his back pocket to get some cash. The cashier punched their orders and goes to prepare it.

 

He put back his wallet after paying and secretly winks at Jessica. She hangs open at him. He was giving her no time to breathe at all. “Don’t you think you’re too brazen today?” She suspiciously muttered.

 

“Here are your orders, sir.” The guy cut them off as he serves two cups of their orders before Yul could retort back. “Thanks!” He smiled lightly at the crew as he grabbed it and walks to a table for two. He sat down and she faced him.

 

“Don’t you want it?” He grins.

 

The young woman clicks her tongue at this unstoppable good-looking, impish guy in her front. She never had anyone like this before. Someone who constantly makes her romantically excited with just few little gestures that can already make her heart thump crazily. She likes the pleasure of it, yes. But she’s still coping with it especially if Yul is normally a boyfriend like this. She’ll grasp all of it little by little for sure. ‘Til she couldn’t get enough of it.

 

She had it previously with Jaejoong. She was simply happy then. But right now is different, now is all about warmth, genuineness, and pure love she could say.

 

“It’s mind-boggling.” She shyly giggles.

 

There was a faint curve to his lips at her. He rose up from where he was sitting and lifts his chair to put it beside her. He plops down and looks at her, all joking aside. “Don’t tell me you’d never felt this way before..” He curiously asked, sincerity is written in his eyes. 

 

Jessica coyly shook her head in denial and lifts her head to his level. “You make me so happy..” She smiled so purely, showing him a sign of her bliss.

 

To him, she’s a sunshine and he’s sunburnt by all of her rays in a positive way.

 

“Oh, baby..” He snuggled her up close to him and whispers, “You deserve all the love in the world.”

 

She shifted her body to him and her hand reaches out to his face. “I deserve you. So you’re mine.” Jessica earnestly told him and possessively jokes in the end.

 

Before Yul could say anything, she fixes her position and shakes off the serious atmosphere building upon them. “Do you think I should freshen up first before dinner?” A series of worries crumbles upon her when she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter