It's Not Always About You

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Make sure to calm down after reading this chapter, okay? I'll update again as soon as I get all of your comments =]

 

ask.fm : annea03

 

Chapter 34: It's not always about you

 

Yul’s P.O.V.

 

Siwon’s Place

 

The strong scents of those alcoholic drinks together have steamed off me and anyone who comes near me scrunches their noses because of the unpleasant smell that they breathe in whenever they pass by me. A rosy cheek present at my face already gave away my state even at my slightly dark skin tone and obviously, my lips became sore from the unending amount of alcohol that I drank.

 

I was walking around to find some good couch where I can lay my body comfily and get some good rest to get past this hang over so I could go back to my girlfriend without having any more headache.

 

I was wobbling as I walk. And just when I came into Siwon’s living area, I stumble upon the sofa and fall back down on it unbalanced.

 

I didn’t attempt to stand back again when my back felt comfortable lying on this big soft couch. Instead, my eyes closed in this heavenly feeling and chose to get a quick nap before leaving.

 

---

 

Waking up can really be harsh especially when you’re too drunk and got woken up by your annoyingly noisy friends. Sooyoung has already sat at the end of the couch where he had pressed on my feet with his bony bottom while Taeng framed my ears and whispers loudly. “YUL! Jess’ been calling me!”

 

I couldn’t even find time to warm up, the irritating loud voice echoes in my head that I almost wanted to punch him on his face. I rolled my eyes sleepily.

 

“Dude! What the ?” I reacted in a hoarse voice and my mind wasn’t able to process what he said.

 

Taeng glanced at me. “Jessica.”

 

One word. One name, that one name got my world get back in reality. I instantly sat up and glared at Sooyoung, “Yah, get off me.” I growled when I realized he was trapping me with his heavy body. He smirked before standing up and faced me. “I thought you’re not getting up anymore.” He crossed his arms.

 

I grunted.

 

I shook my head when I can still feel dizzy and my head aches. I hoped that a nap could save me from this drunkenness but it failed. I searched through my pockets to find my cellphone and thankfully, it was there.

 

When I put it in front of me, the light went on and a certain girl’s name popped up.

 

It was ringing.

 

I quickly answered it with my trembling hands, nervous that I am already past our agreement.

 

“Sica..” I mumbled.

 

A growling person from the other line started speaking. “Where are you?! I’ve been calling you for like ten times already.”

 

I took a deep breath before answering. “I fell asleep, babe. I’ll go there now, okay? Wait for me.” I tried to console her to stop her from nagging. That would only make my head ache worse.

 

“Asleep? What have you been doing?” She asked in a somber voice.

 

“I’ll explain to you later. Can I go there now? Where are you?” It came out a bit gruff but behind it was a layer of fear at the thought of a mad Sica right now. Her temper is really no joke even at trivial matters like this and I don’t want to argue with her at this state.

 

“Okay. We’re just here at home. You can bring Taeng and Sooyoung along.” Her voice turns calm.

 

“Alright. See you, babe.” I heaved a sigh of relief and looked at those two; watching me as I talk to Sica.

 

“Be quick and take care!” A sweet tone reverberated in my ears. “Hmm.” I replied and quickly ended the phone call.

 

I turned my attention to Taeng and Sooyoung. “You guys wanna come with me? I’ll be going now to Sica’s.”

 

“Is she still with Tiffany?” Taeng asked.

 

“I think she is. She said I could bring you two along.” I told them both.

 

I am inwardly wishing they would. Because damn, I don’t know how I could go there via commute. It would be so much easier if I have them drive me there, the place is a bit far and I don’t think I can handle myself to be fast like she wanted me to.

 

“Should we? I also think we had enough fun.” Sooyoung asked Taeng.

 

Taeng nodded his head. “Yeah, let’s talk to Siwon first.”

 

I satisfyingly closed my eyes in a short second and breathed out when I heard them. “Okay.” I said as I stood up and slowly rose. I supported myself with my hands on the backrest of the couch, preventing myself to stumble down.

 

Taeng promptly noticed my condition and held my arm. “Yul, are you okay?” He asked worriedly.

 

Sooyoung lifted an eyebrow. “Man, are you still feeling drunk?”

 

I shut my eyes tightly before assuring them. “I’ll be fine, I can handle it.”

 

“Are you sure? How about go straight home? We will speak to Jess if you want.” Sooyoung expressed his concern. I stepped back a bit from Taeng and took back my arm from his hold. I stood up straight and confidently looked straight in their eyes. “I’m good. All is well, Soo. Nothing to worry about.” My lips turned wide to guarantee them though my eyes are a bit drowsy. I have no idea if I can make it lively when I reach her but what matters most is that I would keep up with my promise.

 

He heaved a sigh. “Okay, okay. Let’s go.” Sooyoung nodded his head at Taeng and motioned us to follow.

 

---

 

Everyone is still alive, dancing crazily with drinks on their hands. As night gets deeper, guests are becoming more and more. I can now see girls other than those strip girls Siwon hired. They must be his friends or his visitors’ companion.

 

We we’re passing through these bunch party-goers, trying to search for him when I crashed into someone unknowingly. . My sight turned wavy even more. I held on to my forehead and massaged it grudgingly.

 

“Yul?” I heard a girl’s voice.

 

I lifted my head with my curled forehead and unintentionally darted my sharp eyes at her. “Who is she?” My face became more curious.

 

I don’t know her.

 

Taeng and Sooyoung heard the girl and turned their bodies to her direction. Seems like Taeng knows her. He walked slowly towards her but she spoke again, making him stop halfway.

 

“Yul! Oh my God, it’s you!” The girl excitingly said.

 

“Uhm, do I know you?” I carefully asked.

 

“No, but I know you.” She smiled widely. Now, that baffles me.

 

There was a pause and I furrowed my forehead further. “..how?”

 

“I’m your fan.” She seductively spoke and waved her body ily in front of me. Oh . My mouth formed an ‘o’ in surprise. “I’ve been looking for you, do want to dance with me?” She whispered when she came near me, almost five inches apart.

 

“Yah, Hani.” Taeng called her name. The girl named Hani shifted her head to him. She chuckled happily, surprised at the sight in front of her.

 

“Oh my. Kim Taeng.” Hani turned her back on me the moment she saw Taeng. She strutted to him and I saw her encircled her arms on his neck. I saw Sooyoung disgustingly looked at her and I only stand here, watching.

 

“Hani, let go.” Taeng persuaded as he held her arms, trying to get away from her but she gripped tighter and pushed her face closer to him. “I miss you.” Her lips spread to her ears. “Tiffany’s not here, we can have fun.” She added.

 

I darted my eyes at Sooyoung and mouthed, “What the hell?”

 

Sooyoung only shook his head and shrugged his shoulders, clueless of what’s going on too.

 

“Look, there’s nothing to miss about me. And can you please let me go, I need to go home now.” Taeng sternly answered and pulled back his body away from her. He held her arms that were clasped around his neck tightly and he pulled it away with a greater force than she have put on.

 

He finally got away from her. “Let’s go, guys.” He called us and escaped away as fast as he could.

 

My intoxicated self suddenly went a bit sober from what happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter