Just Another Day

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 31: Just Another Day

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

KD Engineering Co.

 

It is early in the morning when employees of KD Engineering Co. seem to panic and gone all too busy in preparations for another Board of Directors meeting for today. Some gave out a sense of discomfort at the expected arrival of the top management in the company but they effortlessly hid it and still gave a confident smile whenever these big bosses pass by them.

 

Meanwhile, an S-Class Maybach Mercedes Benz parked in front of the main building as several security men stood in line to welcome the person inside of the luxurious car. A body guard clad in classic black and white suit immediately attended to the left side of the car and opened the door for the young gentleman to get out. His tapered cut blonde hair was neatly brushed sideways with pomade that shows off his professional and neat look in pair with his navy blue suit and brown leather shoes. His actual job as a famous dancer would never give hint by the way he goes today.

 

He could also never go wrong as a businessman with his demeanor.

 

He clasped his coat’s button as he walks to the other side of the car and waits for his father to hop off. The secretary opened the car door for the Chairman and Hyoyeon welcomed him.

 

The secretaries bowed their heads to give respect and said, “Good morning, Mr. Chairman and Mr. Kim.” They all said in unison.

 

The executive secretary faced them with a bright smile on his face. “Welcome, sir.” He pointed to the rotating glass doors. “Shall we head in?”

 

Mr. Kim Daehyeon nodded his head and walked with Hyoyeon on his side and some of the body guards surround them. “Is everybody already in?” He asked the secretary.

 

“Yes, Mr. Chairman. You just came in time.” He attentively answered.

 

Mr. Kim then turned his head to Hyoyeon and gave him a supportive smile.

 

Today is the day for the announcement of the Board of Directors’ decision on who will be the next Project Manager for their upcoming big project. Though Mr. Kim is the said Chairman for the company, he doesn’t want to use his power to just assign Hyoyeon for the project. Instead, he wants him to showcase what he can really do for the corporation in front of the BOD and exercise the Directors’ right in this election. He wants a fair decision at this because he too, knows that Lee DongWook has potential in making the next project into a skyrocket result. And if this would end up with a candidate that he does not highly favor, then they will just take it as an opportunity to introduce Hyoyeon to the Board.

 

The Chairman and his son arrived in the conference room. A big leather chair stood empty at the end of the long table, waiting for its owner to arrive. Mr. Kim wasn’t bothered by all the eyes that look at them as soon as they entered and he strutted directly to sit on his chair. The Board of Directors all stood up to bow and welcome him.

 

Hyoyeon then sat on the empty seat at the left side of the table near his father.

 

“Let’s start the meeting, shall we?” Mr. Kim went straight to the discussion as soon as everyone returned back to their seats.

 

Oh SangHo, the Speaker of the Assembly stood up and went upfront to present the data he has.

 

Hyoyeon sat there calmly, unwavering at the moment because he could care less at the result, his mind is still at his passion which is dancing. Despite all the experiences he had in his life, who would have thought that he could be business minded at times. It must really run in their blood.

 

The Speaker of the Assembly started his remarks, “Good morning to the honorable Chairman, and to our Vice Chairman, and also to the Board of Directors and candidates, what a pleasure to have you all here.” He warmly greeted the people inside the conference room. “I am standing here to present to you the final decision of the Board on who we will be entrusting the next big project of KD Engineering Co. In this regard, we considered all the experiences, performance outcomes, and the creative proposal that was sent to every Board of Directors’ members. To be fair, Mr. Lee DongWook met the criteria and we trust that he is more capable of handling such matters when it comes to this project. But Mr. Kim Hyoyeon impressed with his extraordinary proposal which is not the usual techniques we use in every business projects we have conducted. He also proposed a low budget for this project…” He went on with his discussion and all eyes on the room are all pointed at him.

 

They are all anticipating the final decision.

 

The explanation lasted for more than an hour and the time has come for awaited result.

 

“And because of all the data discussed and presented, we are deciding to elect Mr. Lee DongWook to be the next Project Manager. Furthermore, he had to implement the proposal of Mr. Kim Hyoyeon to widen the flexibility of business techniques of our company." He paused and looked at the audience before continuing. "Additionally, we would like to propose to Mr. Kim Hyoyeon to conduct a training starting as a rank-and-file employee towards the top management to fully develop his knowledge and skills in this company. After the training, we will then again discuss his performance outcomes. And if it exceeds the expectations, Board of Directors will give the support for him to be the next CEO of KD Engineering Co.”

 

All of the members nodded their head in agreement to the statement. Hyoyeon somehow heaved a sigh of relief because he knows if he was selected to be the Project Manager now, he would have give his double hardwork and all to do this project since it could be his first. But thank God, he heard his prayers.

 

The meeting ended after the question and answer after the discussion and everyone started clapping at the end of the Speaker's speech to congratulate Lee DongWook. He quickly stood up and bowed to everyone as a sign of giving thanks.

 

DongWook went to Hyoyeon’s side and shook his hands. “Congratulations.” Hyoyeon beamed at him as he shook his hands.

 

"Thank you." He responded. Surely, there was no bad blood between these two getlemen.

 

Hyoyeon went near to his father and called him while he was talking with other Directors. “Mr. Chairman.”

 

The Chairman shifted his body around and saw him. “Son.” He smiled. “I think we got a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter