Try-Out

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3: Try-Out

 

Jessica's P.O.V.

 

Times Square Mall, Seoul

 

I was on my way to meet my bestfriend, Tiffany, in our favorite coffee shop when I bumped into this careless guy! The audacity of that man to talk balk to me! My parents never treated me like that, so who is he to do that to me?! 

 

I grumpily took a seat in front of Tiffany and threw my bag on the table.

 

It's been a while since we last bonded and here I am, welcoming her with my cranky mood.

 

Curiousity was showing on her face before she took a sip on her coffee while eyeing me.

 

"What's up with that attitude, Jessi?" Tiffany greeted me with a raised brow.

 

"I was on my way here when this irritating man bumped into me!" Both of my fist clenched tight at the level of my face. "Ugh! what a way to ruin my day!" I furiously told her as I exhaled in annoyance.

 

Tiffany turned worried. "It's just a bump, what's the big deal? Did he harass you?"

 

"No, it wasn't just a bump! He actually shouted at me when I shooed him away. And guess what? He said why should he be wasting his time on me when I ain't even a freakin saint?!" I unbelievably explained to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany let out a laugh.

 

"Wow! That's like the first time it happened to you. Do you remember him? How old do you think he is?" She probed with many questions.

 

And there, instead of feeling worried, Tiffany just laughed at it. This sight is not new anymore, I have always been ill-tempered. God must've real blessed them if a day comes I'm not.

 

"What's so funny about that?" I paused. Annoyance grew at the replaying scenes in my mind. "Yes, I remember him. He seems like the same age as us. He's gonna be dead when he shows up in front of me." I said, teeth gritted. But somehow, just thinking of having revenge on that guy already made me feel entertained. The corner of my lips tugged up, forming a smirk.

 

"Alright, stop with that princess attitude and let's order you something." Tiffany retorted and diverted the topic before I could even go on being mean.

 

I couldn't blame her. My nasty attitude could make anyone feel unpleasant and I can sense that it's already making her uncomfortable. She doesn't want to see me act like an amazona over trivial matters and she was the one who pulls me down when I think of myself too high in situations I shouldn't have. Like this one.

 

Well, that's just me and nothing can change that.

 

Tiffany also came from a rich family. We met when our parents would go to business events, gatherings, as well as special celebration of conglomerates and political figures' private occasions. Our parents would always bring us along whenever they attend so that we will get to meet our future business partners and learn how the business works. Or so they say.

 

She is the only one I clicked with right away that's why we became best friends. We understand each other so much; you name it - boys, fashion, food, family, adventures, and more. Everything just goes well with her. And of course, we also have my sister Krystal. And Sunny, who we met in High School that also became part of our circle of friends.

 

A waiter came beside our table, standing up hospitably there. "Can I get your order, ma'am?"

 

"One iced latte and a slice of strawberry cake, please. Thanks!" I ordered and the waiter wrote it down.

 

"One iced latte and a slice of strawberry cake." He double checked. "Anything else, ma'am?"

 

"Nothing more." I briefly told him before he left out table to prepare my order.

 

"So, how are you? How's your vacation in L.A.?" I excitingly asked Tiffany.

 

A big smile plastered on her face the moment she heard what I asked.

 

"It was fun! It was nice to be with Taeng in the town where I grew up. It's like he already knows my whole life.." She dreamily said that almost had butterflies fly brightly around her.

 

I smiled at the sight, she looks blissful. "You sound so inlove. If I know, you're just happy because you got more alone time with him, right?" A wink flashed her way.

 

"Because I am inlove." She emphasized. "And why do you sound so dirty." A hearty laugh. "Of course, I'm happy with him, you know that feeling."

 

I scoffed and then rolled my eyes jokingly. "Yeah, yeah." I'm actually happy for the both of them. Taeng really loves and cares for Tiffany so much and vice versa. They are still young but they already felt happy and contented with their better half that's why it made me feel envious of them.

 

"By the way, college is starting soon. Have you figured out what you want to take yet?" I changed the topic as the waiter served my order.

 

It's not that I'm bitter with Tiffany's happy relationship, it's just that college suddenly popped up in my mind and it's stressing me out lately.

 

"Yeah, it's always been fashion you know. I'm lucky we are part of the fashion industry." Tiffany answered with a smile. "How about you? Fashion? Business?" She then asked.

 

"Well, you know dad. He wants me to take business course but I'm also into fashion! What can I do?" I stated while faking a sob.

 

"Oh, well.. you know how it is. What Jessi wants, Jessi gets." She giggled teasing me.

 

"You're right, Tiff. You know me well." And I winked at her and beamed.

 

---

 

After talking about how our vacation went and other all girly things, we are now outside of the mall and I'm already waiting for my driver to arrive.

 

"So, where are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter