I Promise

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 25: I Promise

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

Seoul International Airport

 

A loud tire screeching can be heard as the airplane lands on the runway of Seoul International Airport. A blonde guy stretches his neck to ease the numbness from a heavy sleep he had on his 13 hours of flight.

 

Hyoyeon took a deep breath and released it while adjusting his body as he thought of finally welcoming his home again after so many years.

 

Damn, he missed everything, his family and those wild and fun nights with his crazy friends. That’s just their kind of night.

 

His lips spread widely as he looks back at those memories. He can’t wait to relive it again with them though being apart with his girlfriend will surely make it feel like a little bit empty.

 

Meanwhile, his friend that was sleeping earlier woke up from loud sound coming from the intercom as the Stewardess welcomes them on their arrival to Seoul, South Korea.

 

He adjusted his sleepy eyes open and slowly sat up straight, looking for Hyoyeon.

 

His left brow raised in curiosity at his sight. “Why is this guy smiling nowhere?” He thought as he scratched his head carelessly.

 

He nudged him. “Yah.. Why are you being like that? We’re already here. Wake up!” He playfully told Hyoyeon.

 

Hyoyeon was startled a little bit and broke up from his thoughts. He turned his head towards his friend, “Why? I’m just happy we’re already here.” He happily replied as he looked around and noticed that everybody’s already walking out from the plane. “Let’s go!” He excitingly shouted to his friend and stood up.

 

---

 

Hyoyeon and his friend coolly picked up their baggage from the carousel and proceeded to find his parents.

 

A bunch people crowded the Arrivals’ curb waiting for their loved ones to come out from the doors one by one.

 

They walked out from those doors that separate them from his welcoming parents. As soon as they got out, his eyes landed on his parents who can’t seem to hide the smiles from their faces.

 

His mother immediately walked her way to him.

 

“Hyo!” She welcomed him with a tight hug. “Welcome home, son!”

 

His father walks there beside them as he watched his wife and son in front of him delightfully. Such a sight he missed dearly.

 

“Uncle!” Mr. Daehyeon, Hyoyeon’s father, surprisingly tilted his head towards the man who called him.

 

“Oh my!” He unbelievably uttered as he looked at him, can’t believe Hyo brought more gift home. For sure, his brother will be ecstatic to see his own son too.

 

“Jaejoong!” Mr. Daehyeon welcomed his nephew and gave him a pat on his back. “Wow.. You surprised me!” And that caught the attention of Mrs. Hyojin.

 

“Omo!” She covered in shock but gradually hugged her nephew as she recognized him. “Welcome home too, Jaejoong!” She said as she pulled back and took a good look at her son.

 

“Appa, I missed you.” Hyoyeon then instantly embraced his father.

 

“I missed you too, son.” Mr. Daehyeon exhaled in joy. It’s been a while since he hugged him.

 

“So Jaejoong, what a pleasant surprise.” Mrs. Hyojin said.

 

“Yes, umma. He came here for someone.” Hyoyeon secretly looked at him teasingly.

 

“Ohh.. that should make you stay here then?” His father added, taking part into their jokes.

 

“Of course not, uncle. I’m only here for the family just like Hyo.” He beamed confidently as he tried to change the topic. It’s not good to tell them he came here for something he’s not sure of.

 

“Is that so? How about we continue this catching up over dinner? I’m sure you boys are really hungry after your long flight.” Mrs. Hyojin motherly asked them as she clung her hands on Hyoyeon’s arms.

 

“Yes, aunty! That’s what we really came for!” Jaejoong mischievously stated.

 

“Alright. Let’s go!” Hyoyeon then added.

 

As they all walk towards  their car, Jaejoong hopingly heaved a sigh, silently looking forward to revive all those insanely fun nights with her and their friends.

 

---

 

*ring*

 

*ring*

 

*ring*

 

Yul exasperatingly breathes out for the nth time today. Since yesterday, he couldn’t get a hold of Jessica and it’s making him go insane. “Was it really that unforgivable?” He frustratingly massaged his forehead.

 

His mind has been flying around and there he is, in the middle of their class stupidly staring at his phone to see if Jessica has answered his calls yet.

 

And to umpteenth time, his girlfriend has failed him yet again.

 

Without him knowing, his Professor has been giving him glares ever since she started giving lectures. Yul is obviously acting different today but since his performance is undeniably good in this subject, his Professor can’t seem to get mad at him.

 

Though she’s trying too hard to let it go, Yul is becoming too much and rude to act like this in front of her, his Professor.

 

“Kwon Yul!!” She shouted as she slammed the book she was holding to her table and it startled everyone in the class.

 

Yul fired his head right up and look guiltily at his Professor.

 

“What are you so busy with that you’re being too rude here, huh? Can’t you see I’m teaching?” She strides to him with her hands on her waist.

 

“I’m gonna confiscate your phone and you have to get it to the Guidance’s office, which you all should know that you're going to face the executive director as well.” She promptly grabbed his phone away from him and walked in front of the class again to continue where she left off.

 

“You can be so impolite here in my class if you want to speak with the Director so bad. I’m not going to tolerate more such manners from all of you!” She discoursed.

 

“Yes, ma’am.” The whole class synchronized and Yul can only sigh in defeat.

 

These incidents were too inevitable for the two of them that left him no choice but to give it a rest because it’s making him lost and restless.

 

---

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

Yul was walking around the campus to search for Jessica but unfortunately, out of all the days that bad luck had to clung onto him real hard, it just have to happen today. The director was out of school and therefore, there would be no cellphone which means no Jessica too. Or more likely hide and seek with Jessica.

 

He kicked the little stone he saw on the floor too hard out of frustration. “Ugh!” He grunted.

 

“Yah, Kwon Yul.” Sunny calls him when she noticed him being grumpy as she comes her way too him with her friends.

 

“Are you okay?” Tiffany asked.

 

Yul was taken aback for a moment when he saw them. He wasn’t expecting to see them when all he did was search for Jessica or her friends the whole day but just when he thought he failed, there they are standing in front of him.

 

His lips spread wide as soon as he saw them but it suddenly vanished when he didn’t see Jessica anywhere with them.

 

“Oh, yes. I was just bored here.” He excused smilingly. “Where are you guys going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter