The Confession

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 20: The Confession

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

Jung Residence

 

Jessica's in her own bathroom taking a bath to prepare for the meet-up later tonight with all of her friends. Lost in her thoughts as she has been staring at the wall for a while now. She’s been standing there, dazed, thinking about last night and pushing herself to remember what could have happened.

 

The water has been showering her for quite a long time. “Aishh!” She stomped her feet in annoyance, still no memories has crept yet. The hair was disheveled even more as she scratches her head in frustration.

 

With nothing much more to do, she washes her hair with a luxurious strawberry scent shampoo that would definitely turn heads at its sweet feminine smell.

 

Jessica doesn’t want to let Yul see a shameful side of her. She just wants to be perfect in everyone’s eyes, and now, especially to him.

 

She finally gave up thinking because it makes her more irritated. The knob twisted around, as she turns off the shower.

 

The robe protected and embraced her petite body that many men would swoon to see. Another towel gets to kiss her hair as she dried her long bronze wavy hair with it.

 

Jessica walks towards her closet room and looked at herself in the mirror, checking herself. The edge of her lips tugged up at the sight. “Beautiful than ever.” She smugly thought.

 

Walking her way to her closet room, she stood in front of her big and wide cabinet full of her expensive dsigner shoes, bags, stilettos, dresses and accessories that makes her look more charismatic. It’s where her fashion world is. Her fingers scan through them one by one, deciding what to wear for tonight.

 

---

 

Clothes are scattered around on the bed and the girl is biting her lip, confusion can be seen on her face.

 

“Choosing what to wear was never an issue to me! Why is this happening?!” She snivelled to no one and plopped down on the floor hopelessly.

 

She pouted.

 

Jessica stood back up on her feet and went to search through her bag to find her phone.

 

Tapping Tiffany's number on her contact list, she decided to call her.

 

*ring ring ring*

 

“Jessi!” Tiffany delightfully greeted her. “What’s up?”

 

“Tiff! I’m in a dilemma.” Jessica wailed as she plopped down on her bed.

 

“Why? What’s the problem?” A tinge of concern can be heard from Tiffany’s voice.

 

Jessica bit her lips before answering, “Help me out.. I don’t know what to wear for tonight..” It ended in a  soft tone as she raised her eyebrow, expecting a burst from Tiffany which the latter did.

 

“What?!” Tiffany cracked up at what she heard. “Jessi? Are you kidding me?! It’s just us tonight, why worry about what to wear? And besides, you’re also the queen in mix and match of any clothes. I-its unbelievable.” She asserted. Tiffany finds it strange to hear Jessica gets troubled over what to wear. She isn’t even going on a date.

 

“I know! All of these clothes suddenly don’t feel right to me. What to do...” Jessica cried lowly and face palmed, feeling helpless at the moment.

 

“Look, I don’t know why you’re being like this right now but you do know that whatever you wear makes you look elegant and beautiful, right? So get over it and be a queen later! It’s not like you’re going to impress someone, are you?” Tiffany marvelled and furrowed her brows at the last words.

 

Silence took over and Jessica kept mum, dodging the question thrown at her all of a sudden. She shut her eyes, praying Tiffany wouldn’t probe further.

 

As if God hadn’t heard her prayers, Tiffany hollered over the phone, “Oh. My. God. You are? Who’s this guy?!” She excitingly shrieked.

 

“No one! Stop with the non-sense, Tiff. I’ll see you later! Byee!” Jessica immediately ended the call to avoid getting more gushing questions from her best friend.

 

She excitingly walked over to the scattered clothes, determined to pick the best one that would showcase her curves.

 

---

 

The Fine Bistro, Seoul

 

Jessica and Krystal hopped out from Jessica’s car after they parked. They strode towards the main entrance of The Fine Bistro and pushed the door open and walked in.

 

It’s a busy Saturday night in Seoul, people seem to love the bistro because it’s all packed. Key, the owner, welcomed the two. “Hello, my lovely customers! It’s only the two of you tonight?” He warmly welcomed his favourite customers with a big smile on his face.

 

“Hi, Key! My friends haven’t arrived yet?” Jessica smiled back at him and wryly asked.

 

“Oh.. I’m afraid not. Seems like you guys haven’t made a reservation.. We’re jam packed today.” Key replied in a sympathizing manner. “But you know you’re my favourites, so.. Leave it to me.” He beamed.

 

“Please, take a seat first. I’ll prepare your table!” Key gestured the two girls to seat on the chairs placed near the door, it’s the bistro’s waiting area. He made his way to the counter and commanded his crew to fix the table for the gang.

 

Jessica sat down and Krystal followed suit. “Where are they..” Jessica murmured as she sighs then tilted her head to her sister, “Where’s Amber?”

 

“He’s on his way, unnie.” Krystal said. “And by the way, does Yul oppa know this place?” 

 

“I don’t know.. You’re the one who invited him. Go tell him.”

 

“Aishh!! Unnie, why are you being such a snob? I don’t have his number and you do. So go ahead and don’t be a shy chic.” Krystal stifled a laugh and shook her head at her ignorant sister.

 

“Yah! May I ask who’s older between the two of us again?!” Jessica reprimanded but indignantly took her phone and texted him anyway.

 

Krystal just chuckled at her.

 

“The table’s ready!” Key called out and motioned his hands over. The girls stood up and went to him.

 

“This way.” He smiled at them and leads the way.

 

“So table for 9, as usual?” He verified.

 

“Yes. Thank you.” Jessica nodded her head and smiled.

 

Key lifts up his arms with a pad and pen, ready to write down their order. "Shall I take your order now?”

 

“I guess we’ll wait for them first.” Jessica said.

 

“Sure!” He replied. “And Jessica.. you look y today.” Key winked at her while grinning as he strutted away.

 

Jessica just proudly chuckled at what she heard.

 

 “What was that..” Krystal amusingly said.

 

Jessica shrugged. She wore an above the knee off-shoulder maroon sweater dress that fittingly hugged her body. Yes, every guy she passed by were inwardly drooling at her looking glamorous as always. While Krystal wore a more casual one, a denim polo tucked in a ripped white hot pants but still looking chic nonetheless.

 

---

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon came after awhile with Seohyun trailing behind them. Tiffany ran excitingly to her best friend.

 

“Jessi!!!”

 

Jessica stood up and welcomed her with open arms, hugging her as Tiffany threw herself at her.

 

“Yahh!” Jessica chuckled at her. “We we’re just together last night.” She said as she pulled away from the hug and greeted the other two. “Hi, Taengoo!” She gave him a smile and turned to Seohyun. “And our Seohyun came too. It’s been a while..” She happily acknowledged her and followed it with an embrace.

 

“Couldn’t miss it, unnie.” She hugged her back and did the same to Krystal. “Hey, Kryssie! I missed you!” Krystal couldn’t hide her excitement when she saw them. It’s been a long time since all of them got together and had fun.

 

“Hi, Krystal.” Tiffany exchanged hugs with her too and Taeng also greeted her with his smile that shows his cute dimple before they all settled down.

 

“Sorry we’re late. Traffic jam.” Taeng sheepishly smiled at the two.

 

“You guys are paying for tonight. You know I hate waiting.” Jessica turned her eyes sharply at them playfully as she crossed her arms and leaned her back on the chair.

 

“Yes, your highness.” Taeng slowly bowed down and chuckled at his silliness.

 

The girls lowly laughed at his antics.

 

“I’m going to order everything.” She humorously laughed.

 

Tiffany gave her a look, “So, you found the perfect dress for tonight?” 

 

Jessica just laughed it off. “Shut up.”

 

“Hiiiiiiiiii!” Sunny over excitingly approach them as she came hand-in-hand with Sooyoung. “Hey bro.” He greeted Taeng with a fist bump and beamed at the girls.

 

Of course, Sunny kissed the girls on their cheeks and patted Taeng on his shoulder. “Have a seat love birds. What took you so long?” Tiffany said.

 

And just in time, Amber arrived. “Annyeonghaseyo.” He bowed at them and smiled directly at Jessica. He shyly greeted the others because it’s a shame to be the last person to come. He sat down beside Krystal, automatically gliding his arms around her waist.

 

“It’s a couple thing.” Sooyoung batted his eyebrows at Tiffany.

 

“Eww.” Tiffany showed a disgusting reaction.

 

Now that Jessica noticed Sooyoung, she remembered what he did to them last night. She cleared and looked around before turning to the dongsaengs.

 

“Hey young ones, why don’t you ord

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter