Start of Something

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 17: Start of Something

 

Third Person's P.O.V.

 

Las Vegas, Nevada

 

Somewhere in Las Vegas, 8 hours ahead from South Korea standard time, the crowd is jumping to the beat as the DJ and the main dancers of the night are boosting the hype of everyone.

 

"Jump! Jump! Jump!" The DJ shouted as he pumped his hands up and down. The dancers are dancing around the stage, leading the crowd on.

 

This group of dancers is composed of 5 Koreans and they have already established a reputation in the world of dancing in Las Vegas through big competitions they have won. They are the most wanted performers in events, that's why Hyoyeon and his girlfriend, Nicole, decided to disregard their studies and pursued their passion in dancing.

 

"Wooooh! That was so lit!!" Taemin said when they got backstage after their performance. A big smile flashed on his face.

 

"This is life, man!!" Kai said, looking ecstatic as the others. This isn't the first time they have performed in a huge crowd but it always make them feel like the first time.

 

"Party! Party!" Nicole happily jumped around and waves her body to express her happiness. Hyoyeon is dancing with her.

 

Min laughed at them. "Yeah!!!"

 

Hyoyeon chuckled. "That was great! Let's keep it coming!" He cheered them on and continued dancing for a bit.

 

"But I'm sorry to cut the celebration short.. Nicole and I have to go. We'll see you guys later!" He winked at them, grinning.

 

They all nodded their heads at him. "Bye guys!" They said and waved their hands at them while smiling widely and continued dancing.

 

---

 

"Hmmm." Nicole moaned as Hyoyeon kissed her down to her neck. He slid his hands inside her shirt, cupping her .

 

He removed her shirt and kissed her hard. Just when they're about to lay down, his phone rang. "Don't." Nicole holds him down and continued kissing him.

 

"Love.. It might be important." He lovingly looks at her and gives her a peck before getting up to answer his phone.

 

-Appa-

 

"Hyo.." The person from the other line greeted. "Appa.. how are you?" He sat down on the side of the bed. Nicole hugged him from behind when she heard him call his father.

 

"I'm still strong and healthy." He let out a short laugh. "How about you, son?"

 

"I'm good, appa. I'm glad you called." Hyoyeon responded as he held Nicole's hand and kissed it.

 

"I actually need you to do something." His father told him.

 

"What is it, appa?" Anticipating.

 

"I need you here.. go home." He pleasingly said. Hyoyeon is stunned at what he heard.

 

---

 

Gym, Eclare University

 

"Come on, Jessi. Let's go there." Sunny turned to look at her but she was standing like a statue. "Hey.. are you okay?!" Sunny nudged her.

 

Jessica woke up from her trance and scoffed. "Why wouldn't I?" Arms crossed and her eyes rolled at the sight.

 

"Well then, let's see what's up with your man." Sunny pulls her but she resisted. There's no way she would want to see the two of them together, let alone speak.

 

"My man?! Sunny! Stop being delusional!" She urgently reacted and tried to step back from going near them.

 

"Hahaha. I'm just kidding. Let's just watch them for a bit." She convincingly pushed. "Oh! Look, they're so sweet aren't they? Don't you want to learn how to shoot too? He seems to be a good shooter." Sunny teasingly laughed at her.

 

Her eyes are burning and Sunny's teasing is just adding another fuel to the fire. Then she saw Yul is running towards them. "Oh ." She clicked her tongue at the sight.

 

---

 

Jaekyung and Yul are playing around the court. She can't shoot the ball and he was just laughing at her. "She's cute."

 

"Haha. Seriously, you can't defeat me." He playfully said and strode towards her. "Come here, I'll show you." He stood in front of the basket and gestured her to stand in front of him.

 

She was holding the ball and cheekily positioned herself. "So lift your arms like this." He held her arms and lifted it. "Spread your legs in line with your shoulder." He pushed her feet apart and said, "and bend it a bit."

 

They are so focused that anyone would see them could mistaken them as a sweet couple.

 

"So grip the ball comfortably and focus on your target then shoot." His face almost bumped into hers and she can already feel his breath on her cheek.

 

"Try it." Yul moved back and urged her to shoot the ball. Jaekyung composed herself and did what Yul advised her.

 

She then shoot the ball.

 

"Yay!!!" She jumped happily as the ball made its way into the hoop.

 

"That's a good shot." Yul praised her and did a high-five.

 

He noticed someone was bickering at the side and he recognized Sunny and Jessica.

 

Yul tilted his head to Jaekyung. "Wait. I know them." He gave a smile to her before running to them.

 

"Jessica!" Yul happily called her but she just scoffed. He was a bit dejected but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter