Change Of Heart

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14: Change of Heart

 

Yoong's P.O.V.

 

Eclare University

 

I left Yul as soon as our class ended. Today might be her rehearsal and I don't want to miss it. It is the only way to see her even if it's just from far away.

 

The first time I saw her was in last year's musical event here in Eclare University. They played as one of the major acts although it's a shame that I never met her personally.

 

I hate to admit but it's because I'm a coward. I was used to girls coming right at me and confess their love, and that's just where everything begins. I never experienced courting a girl.

 

Just like the same position from then, I stood up at the end of the auditorium watching her sing. Feeling her voice to every inch of my body and soul.

 

At the back of my head, my mind was having a blast from the new information I got. Why is it that all the days I've been to school, I just learnt that she is the sister of Kim Taeng?

 

"Maybe I can ask Yul to help me about this." I thought.

 

I stayed there for an hour until she finished her rehearsal with other students. I smiled. She's really great at what she does and what really amazed me is that she looks classy at her age. Most of the time, young girls would put their efforts in making themselves look girly and beautiful here and there. But to her, she doesn't even have to try.

 

I can't help but smile at the thought. Without bumming much longer, I left the auditorium before the janitors could lock me up.

 

---

 

Third Person's P.O.V.

 

Jaekyung was walking around trying to find Yul. It was hard to since the University is really big. It baffles her as to why she doesn't have Yul's phone number yet.

 

She suddenly felt hungry from this exhausting catch-me-if-you-can thing so she  decided to grab some snacks in the cafeteria.

 

While she's on her way there, she saw Yul walked out from its doors. Her eyes twinkled.

 

"Yul!" She excitingly called him and hurried her way to him. A small plastic bag was enclasped in her hand.

 

"Jaekyung! You're here." Yul greeted her with a smile.

 

"Yeah. I've been looking for you." Her small lips tugged up as she talks.

 

"Looking for me? Why?" Yul crinkled his eyebrows.

 

"I want to give this to you. I thought you might be sick this morning." Jaekyung handed him the small bag with medicines in it. Concern was what she was feeling all day when she realized Yul's state earlier. She felt the urgency to buy medicines as soon as possible and hand it to him.

 

"Really?!" He shockingly asked. "That's sweet of you. Thank you." Yul looked delighted to hear that from her and was moved at her caring deed.

 

She beamed at him. "No worries. And yeah, before I forget.. Can we exchange numbers?" Albeit feeling coyly, she still asked him.

 

"No problem. Here." He handed her his phone and she quickly tapped in her number.

 

"Call me? So I'll know your number?" She asked as she gave it back.

 

Yul laughed lightly. "I'd be glad."

 

"So where are you going? Want me to give you a ride home?" Jaekyung offered him but he shook his head.

 

"I'd love to but I got to meet someone." Yul gazed at her cheerlessly.

 

"Is that so? Maybe next time.." She convinced herself. "We've been missing the chance to bond, you know." She dejectedly told him.

 

"I agree." He grinned apologetically. "Let's talk about this over the phone? I'm actually in a rush."

 

"Oh.. Yeah, take care of yourself." Jaekyung embraced him and Yul rubbed her back.

 

"Thanks for this!" Yul raised the plastic to her level and plastered a smile on his face before striding away.

 

---

 

Yul ran all the way to Jessica's room. Fortunately for him, her class hasn't ended yet. His running made him physically drained and it only made himself more ill.

 

Trying to regain back his energy, he leaned his back on the wall and closed his eyes and waited for her.

 

After few minutes of waiting, the professor left the room, signaling him that the class is already done.

 

His eyes opened. The students are starting to come out and most of them are giving him the looks.

 

"Who is he?"

 

"He's handsome."

 

"I wonder who he is waiting for."

 

He heard the students whisper softly about him. But he just knocked it off and waited for Jessica to come out instead. He doesn't have the energy to care about what's happening around him.

 

"Jessica!" He hailed at her, getting her attention when he saw her.

 

Hearing a familiar voice, Jessica turned her head around and recognized him. She instantly sashayed her way to him and murmuring students started putting their attention to them.

 

"Is he the one Jessica likes?"

 

"I think he's Jessica's victim now." One of them recognized him after seeing him having a death march with her the other day.

 

"Oohhh." The students kept talking about what they are witnessing. Lucky for them, Jessica did not hear it.

 

Jessica examined him, he seems totally off today. There's no quirky atmosphere that radiates from him and she finds it odd.

 

"Hi, Yul!" Sunny appeared beside Jessica, breaking her away from her thoughts.

 

"Sunny. Hi!" Yul tried his best to give her a smile.

 

"Aren't you going to training today? I thought you have." She implored.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter