Half truths

Uncontrollable Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 32

 

Half truths

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov…

 

“Umma where should I put this?” Jiyeon called out to me while carrying the vegetable that we brought from the market. We have been leaving here at Jeonju for a month now and the peacefulness of the province give me a sense of calmness.

After I said goodbye to Jiyong, Mrs. Kwon went to the Choi’s to talk to me. The first discussion was where will I go from now on. I felt silent and they know that I didn’t think this through.

“What about you went back to your ancestral house, Taeyeon-ah” Aunt Choi said. “Truthfully we made it as a guesthouse so for one we could just let you handle it since the guests there since the guest can only stay there by reservations.”

I accepted it but the thing is Mrs. Choi said that the profit of the pension house will be given to me. I decline at first but both Kwon oemonim and Aunt Choi was firm on that decision. TOP oppa on the other hand was the one who drive met to Jeonju.

Jiyeon… she was extremely sad that she couldn’t say goodbye to her Appa ajushi… but it was good that she is still youg. After all… in due time she can forget Jiyong… I think.

Back to the present…

“Just put it right there.” I said to her. Thankfully my parents ancestral house was kept as it is but some minor changes inside. Since it became a guesthouse people made reservation about twice a week. So I am hardly been busy. There is a in house helper that live near here but overall our accommodations are well.

Since that time Kiko sometime visit and told me about Jiyong’s well-being. Sometimes she will play with Jiyeon but I forbid her to not mention about Jiyong in front of my daughter. I wanted that Jiyeon will forget him sooner.

Jessica and Tiffany, along with their members visits too and sometimes it was chaotic since they are  a very famous group. We talk and cope up for what we miss for this past few days, and they play with my daughter too.

Jessica and Tiffany also try to persuade me to go back to Seoul and fulfill my dream. They said some Producers want to work with me and produce an album or have me sing an OST of a series but I decline all of them.

From time to time some people who recognize me and ask for a picture but I politely decline them telling them I had to work. But my daughter was very sociable but only to girls that is. She develop a defensive reaction when males approach her.

I might be happy at times but at night when everyone is asleep, I will look at the night sky and just cry. I still love him. I love him too much that it hurts when I remember everything. Those memories are hard to forget… but still maybe one time I will finally forget him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP’s pov…

 

 

Everything seems fine… well for the most part. Jiyong is back but still couldn’t perform due to the surgery. Well at least he could do his daily habits though. I heard Kwon Oemonim has been taking care of him until he is cleared by the doctors.

Also, there is now a rule on our agency to forbid anyone talking about Taeyeon and Jiyeon. It seems like Taeyeon have ask for that favor and YG hyung already explain everything to all of us and even to his friend. It really is saddening but we can’t really disobey it since YG hyung was also hesitant to grant it.

“Oh Hyung… why are you here?” Jiyong ask as me.

“I need to check on the Black Pinks new song so I could direct their music video later.” I said to him. “And you?”

“Can’t sleep at home.” He said to me. “Hyung do you know any priest or shaman?”

I was surprise to what he says and joke. “Why? Are you seeing ghost in your pad?”

“Yeah… I have been hearing a kid running in my room… and last night I thought I saw a woman in my kitchen but when i blink she was gone.” He told me.

It must be his memory when they are still living together. But still it is good that he slowly remember them.

“Maybe it just your imagination.” I said to him.

“Yeah… maybe your right?” He said. “But still I am going to sleep for a while so hyung could you move to the next studio please…”

I just smile and went to another studio. I am glad that he is slowly regaining his memory, I think, but still I am more concerned that Jin-Tae is still at large. I hired some people to capture him and also use my father’s connection to actually entrap him but that bastard is very tricky that we couldn’t find a trace of him.

But if there is something good that happen here is that, the police have found a connection between Jin-Tae and Reporter Park. I heard that after Taeyeon’s press conference the police went to question him.

According to my police contact, Reporter Park denied the connection but the evidence pointed out to him. He was the one who hired him as his photographer, and also feed that Jin some information about Jiyong and Taeyeon. Where they live, their schedule, even Jiyeon’s school and the kids who went there.

YG hyung was furious and demand to where reporter Park works that he should be fired. He even demand that Reporter’s Park license be revoke. Another thing, is that the police have also found some evidence that Park has been secretly inventing the scandal that he wrote. One of each were Yoochun’s case. It seems that he was the one who hire the girl to attract Yoochun.

I told C-Jes about it and they told some agency including SM. I don’t know if they will file a case, but with this much damage to his reputation, I doubt we will be seeing reporter Park for quite some time.

The next day I went to Jeonju to check up on Taeyeon. I always go there twice a week and for some reason my mother also go there to chat. She already given up on wanting Taeyeon to be my wife but now she wanted to adopt them to our family.

“Handsome Samchon!” Jiyeon greeted me. It always make me smile whenever Jiyeon called me that.

 “Oppa… you are here again?” Taeyeon wonder. “By the way here is the weekly sale and…”

“I’m not interested in that.” I stop her. “I told you the income of the inn is for you and Jiyeon. By the way… did something weird happen today?”

“No… it’s been peaceful, though some people recognized us and also there are some reporters who try to interview me and Jiyeon from time to time.” She answered. “Now I know why Jessica and Tiffany says that being a celebrity is tiring.”

She smile at me as we rested in a bench at the garden. I have fun talking to her and after that I play with Jiyeon.

“By the way… Jiyong’s can now move on his own.” I said. “Still his stitches are not fully healed but he could work now.”

“Really? That’s a relief.” She said with a sad look.

I know that she love my friend. But with Jiyong’s memory gone, and that Jin-Tae still around things between them won’t be the same again.

“Tae… don’t lose hope in love.” I said to her. She didn’t say anything and just cry a little.

“Samchon! You made my Umma cry again?” Jiyeon said as he went and kick my legs.

I just smiled at her action. I believe Jiyong always tease this kid once in a while and they would fight always.

I stayed until dinner time and I have fun playing with Jiyeon. So when she already asleep I went back to Seoul. As I was driving, a call from one of my police friend came so I answer it.

“Sir we have a lead on Jin-Tae…” my friend said. “We are going there now.”

“Okay… keep me posted.” I said to him.

I hope that bastard be caught!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dami’s pov…

 

 

It’s really frustrating. She could have been my little sister that I wanted but my little brother had to forget her in the most critical time. I am really delusional about those two and really badly wanted them to be together.

Right now I am going to Taeyeon to know how she is doing. Umma was still upset but worried too. It was a long drive and I am somewhat nervous too. I then arrive at some at the guesthouse, it has nice ancestral feel to it, and I believe this was the place Kiko told me where those two live.

I got out of the car and try to glance if they are there but saw no one. Are they really here? I was about to get inside my car when I heard someone called my name.

“Dami-Imo!”

I then turn around and saw the two girls I am waiting for. The little girl hugged me and her mother smile to me.

“So how’s your life here?” I ask Taeyeon.

I was invited inside the inn and it looks like she doesn’t have any guests today.

“We are adjusting well unnie.” She said to me. “Is Kwon Oemonin doing fine?”

“She still upset with you… but it won’t be long.” I said to her. “This place is nice… it’s quiet and it calms people minds.”

“Yeah… my Appa said that this place calm peoples mind.”

“Ahhh… I wish that my idiotic brother regain his memory of you.” I said. “I really like you as my little sister even, my Jisung wanted to see his little dongsaeng Jiyeon.”

“You can visit here Unnie.” She said. “This place isn’t far away.”

“Taeyeon-ah… if you really love my brother, please don’t give up on him.” I said holding her hand.

“Unnie… sorry… I… don’t think that I deserve that love.” She said to me with a sad smile. “He will be safe without me.

I didn’t argue more since she really is adamant on her decision, but from her eyes I could see that she is hurting a lot.

She then tour me around the guesthouse and judging by the architectural design of the place, it really is well made for relaxation. Even the open bath was great. But as I tour around the estate a familiar thing caught my attention.

It was a picture of Taeyeon when she was in high school, I recognize Jessica and Tiffany but someone caught my eye. One of the girl in the picture… I know her very well.

“Taeyeon who is this?” I ask.

“Who?” She then turn around so I show her the picture.

“That’s Erica… she was my classmate back in high school…” Taeyeon said to me. “Her real name is Kwon Taehee.”

“What’s your relationship with her?” I ask again.

She hesitated at first. But when her eyes saw Jiyeon went out of the room, and her eyes shakes… I know the answer…

“Is she Jiyeon’s Umma?” I ask her. “You told in your interview that her mother was a friend of yours so…”

She look at me and said “Yes… yes she is.” She then sat down in one of the chairs and then told me the truth. “She ask me to take care of Jiyeon while she find Jiyeon’s appa … but she suddenly die… Once Jiyeon is old enough I will tell her about her real mother but right now… I don’t have the courage to tell her that.”

“So you don’t know who is the father is?” I ask again.

She just shake her head… “I remember that she work as a manager for an idol group, and fell in love with one of the member, I think, I can’t remember since it has been a long time… So I don’t know who the guy is.”

Is this faith? How can everything seems connected? Jiyeon is my brother’s and Erica’s daughter?

I didn’t said anything yet and just said goodbye to her but without getting some hair from Jiyeon that I could use for DNA testing. I drive back to Dolce Vita and on the way I phoned my parents and my husband. I personally told them not to call Jiyong since he still doesn’t remember Taeyeon.

“Umma I think Jiyeon is Jiyong’s daughter.” I said to them.

“Are you still going on with that?” My husband says and I just ignore him.

“Umma do you know Erica?” I ask her.

“Jiyong’s girlfriend 4 years ago?” My father said. “The girl that Jiyong introduce to us?”

“Neh Appa… She is the one. The girl Jiyong wanted to marry 4 years ago.” I said to them. “According to her autopsy… she was pregnant right?”

“Yeah… we all assume that she aborted the child because she doesn’t want it.” My Umma said disappointedly. “But how it is connected with Jiyeon? I know Taeyeon said that Jiyeon wasn’t her child but… Jiyeon to be Jiyong’s child… How?”

“I went to Taeyeon’s place today right?” I told them. “I then saw a picture

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter