Time Spent Walking Through Memories

Uncontrollable Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 23

 

 

Time Spent Walking Through Memory.

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov…

 

 

 

 

I first know about love when I was in elementary school. He was a classmate and a friend of mine and he confessed that he likes me by giving me chocolate. I was so innocent back then that I misunderstood his intention and thought that I need to say yes to get the chocolates. I only know that we are a couple when he was about to leave to Seoul and we break up.

The second time I was in love, was the same time I also know about heartache. I was in my 2nd year in middle school and a senior confessed to me. Being in puberty, and also having a crush on him I said yes and we dated. He was a nice guy at first but change when he made advances to me. Being raise in a disciplined family, I said no to all of his advances. Because of that he cheated on me. I was hurt so much that I stayed at home for weeks until I came back to school

The third time was the most memorable not because of the fond memory but because of the scars it gives to me. I met him when I was in college. I was majoring in theater arts and he was a music major. He courted me and I got swooned easily. I didn’t finished my college degree and we married secretly. He promised me a good life, but it was all a lie. That is when everything got worse. He abuse me, physically and mentally. Everyday was hell, and sometimes I wanted to die. He even ask me to do drugs with him. I was humiliated, mistreated, cursed and swear too. I was pathetic and I felt my whole being lower into nothingness. After a year I couldn’t handle it and went back to my parents. They accepted me back and urge me to divorce him, but he was caught in a robbery case and was sent to jail.

Now, there is someone who said he likes me, even though he only know half of my past. He was the one who said to me that he likes everything I do. I met him in the most unconventional way. He saves me from my y boss. He save me and my daughter from being homeless. Even though he was the reason we almost got attack by drunkards, he save us that time too.

He was like a knight in shining armor, and eveyrtime we were together, happiness fill me. He was perfect in every way. Even my daughter likes him. It’s just that… I don’t deserve him. I don’t deserve him and yet he always find a way to make my heart beat for him.

 

Flashback

 

The day of confession

 

“I’m sorry…” I said to him as he held my hand as he confess to me. “I don’t know what to say but I’m sorry.”

“So you will dump me huh?” He said as he look down.

“No that’s no it.” I said trying to clear the misunderstanding. “What I wanted to say is that… I’m sorry but I couldn’t respond to your confession now.” He just look at me weirdly. He then stand up and just smile at me, as I try to hold on my tears.

As he saw me doing that he just embrace me in his arm and said. “It’s okay… I’ll wait.” He then patted my head. “I’ll wait until you settle all of your baggage. I already fallen deeply in love with you to back off now.”

I wanted to say that I like him too but I just held it in. My heart and my mind was in a mess. I clearly like him, if I will choose to go with my heart, but my mind keep saying no. So I just hug him back and just cry.

 

End of flashback:

 

I didn’t go back to the guest house with him and ask him to just drive me back to the new apartment. Since that day I haven’t seen or heard of him. Kiko was the one who brought Jiyeon home too, and from the way she look at me, I know the Kwon’s already know what happen that night.

After the New year, I resume the shoot for the singing contest, the song was already given to me before Christmas and I memories it and listen to the original version. I was reluctant to go since it was winter vacation and Jiyeon will be left alone. Thankfully Kiko volunteer to take of my daughter for today. I was embarrass to burden her with this but she said that she treat Jiyeon like her real niece so it was okay for her.

I then arrive at the venue where my next coach will teach me, Athena Music, and the CEO and one of the judge will be my mentor for this song. He was one of the people I respect as a singer because the songs he writes are the best.

He first listen to me singing the whole song. I sang with all I’ve got but, he immediately stop me.

“Are you okay Ms. Kim?” Mr. Yoo ask me. “Your singing is good but not great. It is like there is something stuck in your throat that blocking the emotion from coming out. That is why I can only hear you sing, not feel you sing.” He explain.

But in my head all I was thinking was Jiyong and the Kwon’s. Maybe he is mad at me? Does Kwon Oemonim hate me too? How will I face them from now on?

“Ms. Kim are you listening to me?” Mr. Yoo ask me and I just stare at him blankly. “Okay let’s take a break first.” He ordered the production crew. I was super embarrassed of myself that I just lower my head. He then order the staff to take a break themselves first.

“I’m sorry… I have just a few thing in my mind.” I said to him.

“Wanted to talk about it?” He said to me. “Maybe I could help.”

“It’s nothing sir.” I said to him.

“Okay, if you say so.” He said to me. “The song that you pick “Time Walking on Memories by Nell.” It’s a little easy to sing but hard to express. Do you know the meaning of the song?”

“It’s about reminiscing the happy time together with someone special to you.” I answer.

“Yup that’s right.” He agree to me.

After a while, the staff of the show started filming again but, I still make errors and it has been frustrating me. I can see that my mentor is losing his patient with me.

“Okay… we are going nowhere here.” He said to me frustrated too. “Let’s try a different approach.” He then shut the music off. “You remember the lyrics right?” He ask me and I just nod. “Okay now I want you to imagine a man who your heart desire.”

As soon as he says that, Jiyong’s face suddenly came into my mind. “Now remember all the things you do together and sing the first stanza.”

I don’t know why but I just sing as I remember the memories I have with Jiyong.

 

I still hear your voice

Everytime he calls my name made me happy.

I still feel your touch

How he brush my hair gently with his hand, while he look at me.

Now I live in your path again.

As I open my eyes I saw that the people in the room where looking at me. I then felt something on my cheeks and it was wet. Did I cry?

“Wow… that’s the signing I wanted to hear from you.” Mr. Yoo said happily. “That raw emotion and that voice match the song very well.”

“Thank you.” I said to him as I saw he was satisfied.

“But can I ask you something?” He suddenly said to me. “Who do you think when you are singing?”

All eyes suddenly focus on me and I just smile at them and said “It’s a secret.”

The rest of the day was me getting the hang of the emotion part of the song, and the practice was going smoothly. Also… slowly I realize what Jiyong is in my life right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No one’s  pov…

 

 

At YG there was walking live ghost devoid of any emotion right now. He stare blankly at anything, just said yes when you talk to him, and just wonders around YG like a ghost. He even scares the crap of YG himself when he stumble upon the living ghost standing in a dark corner murmuring some unknown language.

“What happen to him?” TOP asks as he sees Jiyong at the trainee’s dance practice sitting in the corner.

“Don’t know? He was like that two days ago.” The dance trainer said to him.

TOP just ignore Jiyong and proceed to mentor IKON but suddenly get freak out when Jiyong stand up and leave the room. He just look at his friend and went out.

“Jiyong hyung is really creepy acting like that.” Bobby said.

“Seriously I was the first one at the practice room, and I nearly peed my pants when I saw him.” Chan-woo said.

“Hey… what happen to Jiyong? Why is he like that?” TOP ask his hoobae.

“You didn’t know Hyung? Jiyong sunbae…” B.I then told him what happen, and TOP just stare in amazement.

That Jiyong… he really did something…

 

At YG office… a lot of the senior staff, producers, and friends of the ghostly dragon. They are all there to complaint about the ghostly apparition that has been lingering inside the YG building.

“Hyung could you lock up Jiyong in a room and let him stay there.” Teddy  said to their CEO. “I can’t proceed with Black Pink Japanese Album if he keeps creeping the hell out of the kids when we are recording.”

“Sajjangnim… he even linger at the cafeteria! He almost give me a heart attack.” The Ajuma of the cafeteria said.

“Hyung some of the models are afraid on going to the gym. They said they saw a ghost there. I believe it was Jiyong.” The head trainer said.

“Hyung, it is becoming serious.” Tablo said. “The trainees are afraid to go the training room, because they thought they saw a ghost.”

“Arraseo… I will talk to him. But please could you be more understanding. The kid’s been dump by the girl he likes, of course he will be a walking soulless ghost.” YG said. “Actually he wanted someone to follow Jiyong that night just to know who was that girl but he hesitated because it was too much even for him. He even ready himself for the scandal but nothing happen. He waited for almost half a day for a call from the news site but nothing came.

“Hyung we know… it’s not like he didn’t became like this before.” Kush said remembering the incident 4 years ago. They saw how Jiyong became such a wreck that they fear for the worst.

“Hyung don’t worry… Jiyong won’t be like that again.” Youngbae assured them. “Seungri and Soohyuk try to console with alcohol but he refuse. I heard Xin even invite him to his party but he refuse.”

The rest then went out of the room leaving Youngbae and YG inside.

“Hey Youngbae, tell me who is this lunch girl that dump Jiyong?” YG asks. “I know Jiyong tells you things so spill it.”

“Hyung you know I can’t do that.” Youngbae answered. “Beside, Jiyong is super serious about this girl. From what I know, the girl was flustered because Jiyong confessed earlier than she imagine, that’s why she was confused.”

“Aish… I hope this girl is worth his trouble.” He said. “By the way… you have a schedule in Japan tomorrow. Get that soulless dragon and tell him okay.”

Youngbae just smile and said ok as he went out.

On the other hand, Kiko, finished with her modeling stint, went to YG with Jiyeon. Jiyeon wanted to talk to her Appa ajushi so Kiko brought her there. On the modeling stint many of the people there, didn’t recognize Jiyeon. Well they only recognize her voice and she isn’t wearing clothes fitting for a celebrity. But of course, they found her cute.

“Oh Kiko, why are you here?” Seungri sees them.

“Seungri! Where is Jiyong?” She asks.

“Just follow someone screaming and you will find him.” He said and then went to go to his next gig.

So Kiko and Jiyeon take his direction seriously and wait if someone scream, and as they went to the second floor they hear someone screaming and went towards it. That’s when they saw the man they are looking for in a corner talking to a plant in the dark. There were a lot of people there already and they all muttering about how Jiyong looks pathetic right now.

“Aishh… Appa ajushi.” Jiyeon muttered as she saw the man she wanted to be her father.

So she ran towards him and then kick him, knocking him to his senses. He hit the ground really hard, and the people watching was shock to see a kid do that to G-dragon. They couldn’t do anything and just look at YG’s biggest artist lying there in the ground for a couple of minutes. They even thought of calling the ambulance, because clearly he isn’t moving, well not until he suddenly sprang up.

“Who the hell KICK ME!” He shouted and turn around.

The whole peanut gallery was shock and just pointed at the little girl. So Jiyong look down and saw a pair of glaring eyes looking at him. He recognize those eyes and it’s been months since he last saw it.

“Dragon ajushi… why are you scaring people? I thought Dragon are not scary.” Jiyeon said disappointed to see her Appa ajushi being like that.

“Mianhe… but your…” However, before Jiyong say the word Umma, Kiko step in and drag him to his studio to talk too.

Jiyeon follow suit, and thus the terror of the Ghostly dragon ended, and another legend of a high kicking girl who defeated the ghostly dragon spread throughout YG and to the entertainment industry… well it is for another chapter so…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

 

I am still hurt from the kick, but I am still glad to see Jiyeon here, though seeing her glaring at me like that remind me of our second encounter when she also kick me.

“Appa ajushi… why are sulking like that? I thought you love Umma” Jiyeon said to me.

“I love your Umma… but it seems like she doesn’t like me too.” I whined burying my head on the table.

“Aishh… if your fan saw you like this, they will be disappointed.” Kiko said. “The mighty dragon rejected by an angel. It would make headlines.”

“Yah are you my friend or what?!” I said to her.

“Umma likes you too Appa-ajushi.” Jiyeon said. “It’s just that Umma doesn’t know what will make her happy. But I know Appa-ajsuhi will make Umma happy.”

“Yes I will make your Umma happy.” I said to her. “By the way why are you here?”

“Taeyeon is still recording for the TV show, and I volunteer to watch over this little girl.” Kiko explain. “She wanted to meet you so I brought her here.” I then saw Kiko lying down on my couch.

“Yah what are you doing?” I ask her.

“I’m tired from my modeling stint so, I want to sleep for a couple of hours. Take care of Jiyeon for a couple of hours.” She said as she drifted to sleep. So for today, I am the off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter