Lucky Radio

Uncontrollable Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

First chapter!

Lucky Radio!!!

 

 

No one’s pov…

 

Daesung: Hello everyone welcome to FunDae’s radio… I am your DJ Kang Daesung! It’s a nice evening and many of you are fully relaxing on your house, hanging out with your friends or maybe in the arms of your love ones today… So sorry for being loud. Just so all you know we have an amazing guest today no other than G-Dragon!!”

G-Dragon: Yah Daesung… you already guest me for this month. People sure are tired of me.”

Daesung: Tired of you? Nonsense because of your advice to our listeners many people have called you Dragon Oppa. Even The Ajuma’s calling you their son.

G-dragon: Well if you say so then I will do my best.

Daesung: Okay now for our first caller, we have our listener’s most adored caller Ms. Little Dragon a five year old girl from Jeonju and her story about her kind and hardworking mother. Ms. Little Dragon how are you?

Caller: Ajushi, I’m fine thank you. I wanted to thank Mr. Dragon for the advice he gave me last time. Dragon ajushi thank you. My mom really like the simple cake that made out of cupcakes for her birthday.  Also the drawing I made for her gift made her happy too. Thank you Mr. Dragon.

G-dragon: You’re welcome… Aigoo, you don’t have to thank me at all. Beside hearing your cheerful voice and telling me I did a good job is enough for me. So do you have another problem with your Umma again?

Caller: Neh…Umma, seems a little tired lately because of working too much. She wake up early to make breakfast, accompany me to school then go to work and then in the afternoon fetch me from school then work again, then she will come home and help me on my assignment. She will do this all with a smile. I feel sad seeing Umma getting tired because of me. I want to at least ease her tiredness. What should I do Mr. Dragon?

Dae: Wow… what a nice daughter you are Little Dragon… It seems there are many people who are now in love and wanted a daughter like you. Okay now let’s hear what Mr. Dragon will say.

G-dragon: Little Dragon-shi, do you like to sing?

Caller: Neh… My teacher said that I have a nice voice and I could be a singer. Mom can sing too, she is a singer when she was little.

G-dragon: I will teach you a magic trick that I’ve used for my mother when I was a kid.  When your mom goes home after her work, sing a song for her. Any cheerful song while giving her a letter.

Caller: What should I write on the letter?

G-dragon: Just simple words like “Mom you’re the Best” or “Mom Fighting” or “To my beautiful mother.” Keep it short and readable okay. Surely Your Mom will smile and will don’t feel her tiredness.

Caller: Chinha? I will do what you said. Umma will surely like this and will feel more energized.

G-Dragon: By the way… Thank you for always asking me for advice okay? Do you really not know me?

Caller: Aniyo. Uhmm but if I guess. Then you are an Angel Ajushi….

(Call End)

 

After the radio show ended. Jiyong was invited by the staff for the meeting since he also wanted to know if he really did a good job for whole month he was been a guest for the show.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

 

“Yah Jiyong… thanks for guesting for our show. Our listeners soar because of you.” Daesung said to me.

“What do you mean by that Dae…? How can I refuse you? We been through a lot since we are kids it’s the very least I can do since you help me everytime.” I said to him. Daesung is an entertainer and had been the host of this night program that many celebrities don’t want to host. Because of his bright personality and enthusiasm he became well known DJ and FunDae’s radio became the most talk about Radio show in South Korea. He was also the one who help me when I hit rock bottom because of my scandal few years back. I must say he is one of the people I trust in this industry.

We were all been talking when the Director for the broadcasting station show up.

“Don’t get up. I’m just here to congratulate all of you. FunDae’s radio is now number 1 in terms of listeners!” He proudly said to us. “I must say, Guesting Mr. Kwon here is a nice choice Mr. Kang. As of the rating’s show, many mothers and kids listen to your broadcast every Sunday.”

“Thank you sajangnim.” Daesung said to him. “It’s not just me… the staff, the PD… it’s because they tolerate my antics that made this show successful.”

“That’s kind of attitude made you the best DJ in Korea right now.” The Director said. “I will be going then…but before that I want you to have this as token for making this show number 1 of course expects your bonuses okay.”

The Director then went out but not without giving us 4 boxes of pizza for all of us to eat.

“Wow this is great. I didn’t even think that we could hit number one.” Daesung said.

“Aishh Daesung, it is because of you that an evening show like ours survives. I mean 2 years ago; many comedian singers and actors decline this show because they think it will be career suicide, but look at them now. They all wanted to guest in this show to promote and to be known.” One of the PD said. “It’s been our darkest times and we are this close to being axe but you came change the format, made it fun and here we are.”

“Another reason we gain such following is because Mr. Kwon and that little kid interaction in our advice segment of your show. People tune in our broadcast anticipating the story of the little kid and the Advice of Mr. Kwon. The sad part is she really didn’t know that you’re famous.” The main PD joked.

“It’s a good thing that she don’t know that I am famous or else I will be advising another fan of mine about their love life. Well I should also thank that little girl. I gain so much love because of her.” I said to them “There are even ajumas saying to me that they love my advice for the kid.”

“Well you deserve it.” Daesung said “By the way… be careful, Reporter Park is snooping around again.”

“That Bastard?” I said as I remember that he was the one who release that scandal of mine. “So who is the unlucky idol that bastard tormented.”

“Yoochun of JYJ. He releases the news about his case a few days ago and now it has been the talk of the industry.” Dae said to me. “Seriously Yoochun hyung is being persecuted by the netizens when they didn’t know that the real victim is Yoochun hyung.”

“That bastard really has knack on doing this kind of things.” I said. “I spoke with Junsu hyung the other day and he said they are helping Yoochun hyung to overcome this scandal.”

“That’s why you should be careful and don’t go to clubs for now. He is still pissed that you return and became popular after he reveal your scandal. He wants revenge hyung.” Dae said to me.

“Arreso… By the way… How’s TOP hyung and Seungri?” I ask.

“You know what TOP hyung’s doing. He is still the same as ever, producing music and acting in movies. He even won an award last year right? About Seungri… He still is struggling becoming a drama writer. Even though TOP hyung have already used one of his story lines for a music video he is adamant that he wanted to be a drama writer.”

“GD-shi I have a favor to ask.” The main PD called me. “Daesung will be on leave for 1 month, so we are wondering if you could substitute for him.”

“Why? Where are you going?” I ask Daesung.

“My mom will have her surgery. So I need to be there.” He said to me. “Don’t worry it isn’t a major operation but you know, I’m just a worried son that’s why.”

“I don’t know Auntie is having a surgery. Don’t worry I will ask YG hyung for me to be the temporary host for the show. Besides the airing for this radio show is once a week so it can fit my schedule,” I said to him. “Please tell Auntie to be healthy and I will pray for the surgery’s success.”

After the meeting I then went to YG and it seems my boss have already wanted to talk to me, so I went to his office. As I enter I saw TOP hyung there which I greeted warmly.

“Hyung… when did you arrive?” I ask him.

“Yesterday. I didn’t tell you because you will go to whine for me to celebrate in a bar somewhere.” He said to me.

“Okay stops the greetings for now. I have some important issue to talk about here.” Sajangnim said.

“First off TOP, there is an offer for you for a Drama if you are interested. Your movie have already top the box office so they want to bank on that momentum.” He said to hyung.

“Sajangnim you know how I feel about starring in Drama’s. Beside I was thinking of directing Black Pink music videos so I can’t do that.” Hyung said to him.

“Well okay… I will just decline them. But you also have two offers for a male lead in movies. You can review the script later. Just tell me which movie you want okay.” He said to hyung.

“Wow hyung, despite being an actor, a composer, and now you are also a music director… is there anything you can’t do?” I ask him.

“Jiyong.” Sajangnim called me. “The PD of the radio show called me and I already accepted that you substitute for Daesung. It’s the show that help you comeback from that hold of a scandal that Reporter Park made. So we owe it to them.”

“Aishh, and here I thought I will convince you for your permission.” I said to him.

“This month airings were very positive and a lot of people are commenting that you are a good person for advising that little kid about her mother. Many sponsors even have called wanting you to be their endorser for a Family and kids products.” He said to me. “The netizens are giving you good nods this time.”

“Oh I listen to that girl story as well. I really wanted to know who she is and where she lived. My mom even wanted me to have a granddaughter like her. Aishh She is bugging me to get married already.” TOP hyung said to me.

“Yeah… I want to know who she is too. My mother is also bugging me to meet the kid. She is also fond of the mother. She says that the mother must very lovely woman if she raises her daughter like that. I mean if she hadn’t called every single time I am there then my guesting there will be nothing.” I said to him.

“Maybe it’s a sign that the people have already forgiven you.” Sajangnim said to me. “By the way… I want the two of you to be careful. I already told Youngbae about this earlier…”

“It’s about reporter Park right?” I cut him off.

“How do you know?” Sajangnim ask me.

“Daesung had told me earlier. I know sajangnim, I won’t go to a club for now. I won’t ruin the reputation that Little Dragon has given me.” I said to him. “Beside hyung you know me I’m a good boy now”

“I still don’t trust you so I will tell your manager to be on guard and follow you closely.” He said to me which made TOP hyung laugh.

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov…

 

I wake up with a smile as I know that this will be a great day for Jiyeon and me. Before she wakes up, I cook up our breakfast and then ready everything for her school. As I was readying her things I saw the letter she made me last night. When I came home she started singing SNSD’s Gee in front of me. She was so cute dancing that I instantly forgot how tired I am. She then give me a letter saying “For My Beautiful Umma, Fighting!” I was moved on the small gesture that I instantly tear up and hugged her. When I ask where she learned this she said her friend Dragon advise her to do this. At first I was scared that she is meeting someone dangerous but when she said she was calling on the phone I felt relaxed but still advise her not to trust everything that man say.

About 7, Jiyeon wakes up and fix our bed. That’s our everyday routine when weekdays. I then bathe her and then ate breakfast with her. It’s been a year since we arrived her in Seoul from Jeonju.

“Jiyeon-ah, in case I am not there after your school end, stay with your teacher until I arrive. I promise I will fetch you okay Umma has to go an interview for her job so wait for me.” I said to her and she just nodded.

But as we went outside the landlord of the room we are renting was waiting for me.

“Ms. Kim can I talk to you for a bit?” She said to me.

“Neh..” I then ask Jiyeon to wait for me outside.

“Ms. Kim when will you pay for rest of your rent?” She said to me. “I have been very nice to you because your daughter was sick last month but now she is better I need to tell you that you have a 3 month worth of rent that you still haven’t paid. I need to live too. So I warn you. If you could not pay your rent again for the end of the month. I’m sorry you need to get a new place to live.” She said to me.

I just nodded and agree. Even though she is like that, she was nice enough to let Jiyeon and I stay in that room when we were still new in Seoul. She also helps me watch over Jiyeon when I go to work. I am thankful to her, and I understand what she was saying. We became broke when I was fired from my last job because of the recession, it didn’t help that Jiyeon became sick and needed to be hospitalized for a week.

I then went to Jiyeon and tried to smile so she wouldn’t be sad about everything. She is just a child and she must not worry about anything else so she could grow happy.

For me Jiyeon is a blessing in disguise when my parents died. After my parent’s die I was close to committing suicide when she suddenly appears in my life. Jiyeon give me another purpose in life and I will do anything for her to grow to a nice adult.

After I drop her off I then went to one of my Job Interview for a secretarial position. I just hope to get this job, because the waitressing job that I do isn’t enough to support me and Jiyeon.

I was on my way to the company when my phone rang and it was from my best friend since middle school.

“Kim Taeyeon Fighting!!” Jessica said in the other line.

“Thank you Sica.” I said to her. “How are you? I heard you are on tour?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter