Mistletoe?

Cherry Blossoms

Chanyeol ran around the house, hanging mistletoe in every single area he could get to. You’re probably wondering why Chanyeol is doing such a thing. Well, Yixing was coming over to help Chanyeol with his math. Yixing and Chanyeol had the same math class and as soon as Chanyeol saw Yixing he knew he was in too deep. I mean with Yixing’s beautiful black hair and lovely brown eyes, anyone smart enough would fall for her. And frankly, it wasn’t even Christmas, it wasn’t even close to Christmas, but Chanyeol wanted an excuse to kiss Yixing.
Just as he was done putting up the last one, the door bell rung. Chanyeol quickly fixed his messy hair and clothes and ran to open the door.
Yixing stood there, still in her school uniform with her hair up in a ponytail. She had her book bag with her and a water bottle.
“Hello Chanyeol!” Yixing exclaimed with a smile on her face. Chanyeol blushed and looked behind him wondering if putting the mistletoe up was a good idea.
“Uh, hi Yixing. Umm, come in.” Chanyeol said as he moved aside allowing Yixing to enter. When she entered he closed the door and turned around to see Yixing looking at the two mistletoe hanging above her. Chanyeol mentally slapped himself, but couldn’t move out of embarrassment.
Yixing turned around to look at him, a confused look on her face, “What’s all this Chanyeol?”
Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment, trying to come up with an excuse.
“Umm, it’s for a, well, it’s for a little project I’m doing!” Chanyeol nodded to himself as if satisfied with his answer.
Yixing tilted her head to the side, not really believing Chanyeol.
“Really? What type of project?”
Chanyeol shrugged, “Just for fun. I just want to see how many mistletoe I can hang in my house.”
She nodded, “Oh I see. So, how many do you have so far?”
“Umm, about 10?”
She nodded once again, walking toward the living room. Chanyeol followed her and saw her settling down onto the floor.
“Umm, would you like something?”
She looked at Chanyeol thoughtfully and asked, “Do you have any almond cookies?”
Strangely enough, Chanyeol did have some almond cookies considering his mom loved them. He nodded, heading off toward the kitchen to retrieve these almond cookies. He returned to see Yixing’s math book spread out before her, along with a piece of paper and a pencil in her hand. She looked up when she heard footsteps and smiled at the sight of the cookies. She reached toward the cookies like a little kid and Chanyeol couldn’t help but blush at how cute she looked.
“Thank you Chanyeol!”
“Y-you’re welcome.”
He mentally slapped himself for stuttering. Yixing put a cookie in and patted the seat beside her. Chanyeol sat beside her, grabbing his backpack from beside the couch. He pulled out his math book along with a paper and pencil.
“So, what do you need help on?”
“Okay, so if a line is tangent to a circle then it’s what again?”
Chanyeol’s face was scrunched up in pure confusion which made Yixing laugh.
“If a line is tangent to a circle then it’s perpendicular to the radius.”
Yixing kept on helping Chanyeol for about an hour and a half when she got a phone call.
“It was mom telling me that dinner is ready so I have to go.”
Chanyeol nodded in understanding, considering his mom was almost done with dinner.
“Alright, I’ll walk you to the door.”
Yixing nodded as she picked up her book bag and followed Chanyeol toward the door. Once they reached the door, Yixing turned to look at Chanyeol.
“I hope you paid attention Chanyeol.”
Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, “Uhh, yeah I did. Thanks again for the help Yixing.”
“You’re welcome.”
And with that, she reached out to wrap her arms around Chanyeol’s neck and pulled him towards her. Before he could get a word out of his mouth, Yixing placed her warm, plump lips on his own. When she pulled away, Chanyeol put his hand on his lips, not believing what just happened. Yixing just laughed and kissed his cheek, walking out the door.
He looked up to see a mistletoe above him, his lips feeling tingly as he slowly shut the door, a big smile forming on his lips. He ran up to his room and flipped onto his bed, hugging his pillow close to his chest.
Maybe hanging all that mistletoe was worth it.

~~~~~~

Here's the first one. I hope ya'll will enjoy these drabbles and one-shots of mine! 💞