Operation Question

Operation Happy Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

“Do you love them?”

[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

There was a long silence between them. She didn’t look at him at first, her gaze was lower, looking at everything but him. Even though the snow was falling, time seems to stop the moment he had her ask her such a question. 

 

And for the longest of time, the main characters finally responded:

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Her answer was short and simple. 

 

However, the feeling that it left behind for the audience was anything but ordinary.

At some point, as the story unfolds, the people within this movie theater will begin to cry. 

 

It wasn’t that unique. 

 

In fact, in this universe, this type of plot is very cliche. A tragedy like Romeo and Juliet, Titanic, Moulin Rouge, the type of narrative that we all had seen for hundredth of times.


They were childhood friends, the main character and her sister was the best friend to the twin's brother.

 

They loved each other. 

The twins loved her sister.

 

And she loved them.  

All of them.

 

Her sister. 

And the twins.

 

But the love that she has was not of those that are important.

It does not matter.

It was something that she could live without. 

 

So she helped them, for the two brothers to pursue her sister. 

 

Growing up the main character was always there for all of them. Whether it was in heartbreak or in happiness, she was always there to listen, to comfort, to cheer them on. She didn’t wish for anything in return, all she ever wanted was for the people she loves wishes to be fulfilled. 

 

But perhaps her desire for a happy end wasn’t sincere enough. In the end, those unrequited feeling was revealed for everyone to know. And everything went into chaos, the sister refuses to return reciprocate the twin's feelings because of the main character love for them. The twins were confused with their own feeling, they didn’t want to hurt their best friends, perhaps they pity her.

 

Everything did not go as it supposes to be.

 

They belonged together.

The twins had always loved her sister. 

And it was never her. 

 

“Do you love me?” The whole audience was crying at the final scene when the main character asked her groom quietly, meeting him at the end of the aisle. 

 

Everyone had pitied her, they couldn’t understand why she would do this. 

No, they were refusing to understand her decision of marrying someone she didn’t love.

A schoolmate who had a one-sided love the main characters since highschool. Comparing it to twenty-years of unrequited love, his love was incomparable. The main character deserves to be with the twins, it was for certain that they had grown to have feelings for her too, so why can’t three people who had feelings for each other cannot be with each other.

 

For the audience, this ending was too unfair. Years bottle up emotion, love words and actions that were done without recognition, perhaps if the main characters would have admitted her feelings, her one-sided love would be reciprocated.    

 

For everyone, this was a tragedy. 

 

A doomed romance, that could have been preventable because of a weak, indecisive and cowardly main character.

 

But Han Yuna could not perceive it that way.

 

Unlike the movie theater audience who had cried, pitied and gotten angry at the main character. Han Yuna had felt a sense of pride and satisfaction at the ending scene.

 

“Do you love me?” The main character had asked her groom after they exchange their vows.
 

A parallel to the opening scene when the schoolmate had asked the main characters about her unrequited love. At the time the female lead faltered, she did not look at him when she told him her answer.

 

It felt as if time was stoping. The moment they had stared in the eyes of each other. The recaps of her many years of unrequited love and heartbreak are shown on screen. 

 

He had look at her as if she was his whole world. 

 

“I do, with all my heart.” The handsome groom said bringing a smile to his bride. And with a smile, he kissed her as the end credit start rolling. 


“That was a terrible movie” Han Suzy commented as she uses the tissue and wipes away her tears. “God, can anyone be that dumb? I got so angry with their stupidity that I fall asleep halfway through the movie. What did you think big sis?”    

 

“Hmm...I don’t know if you will like my answer” Yuna pondered, smiling teasingly and Suzy can’t help but roll her eyes at that. “Do you want me to tell you the truth or the lie?”

 

“The truth please” She falls back into her seat impatiently waiting for the crowd to disperse. “Even if it kills me knowing your terrible taste, I still want to hear your thoughts process on it.”

 

Han Yuna can’t help but laugh at that, it seems Suzy really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter