Operation Family

Operation Happy Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

"Ten thousand dollars?!" I shouted in disbelief when I saw the numbers written within the check before me.

"Yes my dear," My mother said lovingly as she brushed my hair. "This will be your monthly allowance from now on. You'll be starting school soon and before I know it you will be an adult in no time."

"But mother, I didn't do anything to deserve this amount of money, It isn't fair." I complained. "Papa and you don't have to spend your money on me like this. I don't need anything."

"Nonsense," My mother argued . "Our daughter deserves the very best. We don't want you to worry about money. And besides, when you grew up you'll be managing even larger amounts of money compared to this. So think of this as a learning experience or a new responsibility."

"But mother-" She frowned and hushed me like always.

Really, this is not how you should teach me about money, mother. Both you and father can't just hand me everything like on a silver platter.

It should be "If you work hard you will get rewarded."

And that "Money doesn't grow on trees" or "Money will not buy you happiness."

But as always the lesson is completely wrong. Just what on earth would a six year old do with ten thousand dollars?

If I was an average rich kid I guess I would be freely spending this money on anything and everything that I would ever want.

But as the operation was put in place, I must save this money diligently, since I will probably need it in the future.

Since it was a monthly allowances, this means in a year I will have around one hundred twenty thousand dollars by the very least.

Meaning I will have around six hundred thousand dollars five years from now.

And 1.2 million when I'm sixteen years old.

Even if I was to spend a little bit I will have at least 1.8 million at the age of twenty one.

Not considering the possibilities of the money I will make when I can finally get a part time job.

Hopefully it will be enough to support our family and I in the future.

So I guess, in a way, I'm kind of glad that my parents actually did this. Don't worry mom and dad, I won't let you suffer because of me. This daughter of yours will work hard for your happiness in the future! Please believe in me!

So with that I started my life as the Han daughter.

As expected my elementary years were extremely easy. Having knowledge from my past life, basic addition and subtraction was a piece of cake.

But to avoid creating a slacking habit, I still paid attention in class and neatly organized my notes like always.

After school, I didn't slack off either. Who would have imagined that reading would become so interesting? Considering how much I used to hate it in my previous life.

Since I was still a kid, The adults wouldn't allow me to put a single finger on the house chores or a foot in the kitchen. With so much free time on my hands, I decided to get into the habit of reading for the time being.

Because of this I was praised by everybody. They called me a prodigy and my parents seemed to be really proud of that.

Father would dote on me even more. Bringing me home plenty of presents from many of his business trips.

In which I would refuse his presents and tell him not to spend his money so recklessly. I also constantly reminded him to not do anything illegal and that I would be proud to have a father who worked so hard to change the world.

"Papa doesn't have to buy Yuna gifts from abroad" I would act in full aegyo mode. "Yuna already loves Papa very much. It would be better if Papa will use this money for the company or make the world a better place instead."

In which he would reply with a fond laugh and pat my head happily.

He was a good man. My father didn't seem like the calculative and greedy character that I had seen in my past life time.

I really wish that our family would continue to stay like this.

Of course things would change when I turn eight.

One day, my father brought home a child called Han Suzy.

She was beautiful as expected from the main character of the story.

My mother, who was heart broken by her husbands betrayal, couldn't help but look at Suzy in disgust.

What I was afraid most was happening in front of my eyes.

Their relationship was breaking apart.

Mother refused to talk to father and there was nothing that father could do to make her accept Suzy.

I didn't know what to do.

Partly because I truly felt bad for mother, and I was angry at him for doing something like betraying mother.

She was the same age as me, from the gossiping of the servants I later found out that she was only younger than me by a few months.

This means that father has been cheating on mother while she was pregnant with me.

Just how could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter