39. Another Untitled AU

Sulay Oneshots and Drabbles

Description: Yixing is a police officer who got shot on the job and Junmyeon is the nurse in charge of him while he stays in the hospital.

Notes:

Warnings/Tags: fluff, non graphic descriptions of a gun shot wound 

 


 

What's going on?

 

"Sir.... sir? Sir I need you stay awake okay? Just for a little longer."

 

Trying his best to listen to the voice, Yixing fought to keep his eyes open.

 

"What happened out there?"

 

"His name is Zhang Yixing. He's a police officer and he got shot while we were in pursuit of a suspect."

 

I got shot?

 

"Okay. Obvious GSW to the chest, no sign of an exit wound. It's right above his heart so we need to get him in surgery before the bullet travels to any further." 

 

Am I dying?

 

"No no no, don't close your eyes. You have to say awake. At least until we get you into surgery."

 

Am I in shock? I can't feel anything.

 

"Kim, I know you were on your way home but I need you to join me in this surgery please."

 

"Yes doctor."

 

That voice...

 

.

.

.

 

Yixing opened his eyes slowly, wincing at the bright light.

 

'What the hell happened?' 

 

Trying to sit up properly, Yixing groaned when he felt a sharp pain in his chest.

 

"Wouldn't try to move so much if I were you." He heard a voice say.

 

Looking at where other came from, he saw a male dressed in aquamarine scrub clothes with a clipboard in hand, writing on it.

 

"Are you a doctor?" Yixing asked.

 

"Nurse." he replied.

 

"Um, if you don't mind, I can't remember exactly what happened." Yixing said.

 

"Zhang Yixing, 26 years old. Blood type AB. Gun shot wound to the left side of the chest. The bullet nicked one of your arteries but the doctor was able to fix it without too many complications. However your hemophilia did make you bleed excessively." the nurse recited.

 

"Your voice sounds really familiar." Yixing said.

 

"Well, I was there when you were brought in and I was also in the operating room while you were undergoing surgery so yes I may sound familiar." the nurse said, eyes still looking down at the clipboard.

 

"Well, since we've been through so much together, care to tell me your name?"Yixing asked.

 

"You can call me Nurse Kim. I don't know you well enough to give you my first name." he answered, putting down his clipboard.

 

"Then what do I have to do to get to know you better?" Yixing asked.

 

"Well for now, I need you to take off your shirt." Nurse Kim said.

 

"Woah hold on, now I think you're moving to fast. As flattered as I am, at least let me take you on a date first." Yixing said.

 

"What? No you idiot, I need to make sure your wound isn't swelling or infected." Nurse Kim replied.

 

"Oh, well I totally read that situation wrong." Yixing said as he removed the garment. 

 

Nurse Kim went up to him, lightly pressing two fingers above the stitches on his chest.

 

"Okay.., no unusual swelling or discoloration. You seem fine. Okay now I need to draw some blood and run some tests." he said, putting on gloves.

 

Taking out a syringe he fixed the needle and instructed Yixing to hold out his arm.

 

"So to be clear, you weren't flirting with me a second ago?" Yixing asked, wincing slightly when the needle pierced his skin.

 

"Trust me Mr. Zhang, if I was flirting with you, you'd know. " Nurse Kim said, extracting the needle and putting the syringe down.

 

Quickly gathering a piece of gauze he pressed it on Yixing's skin to stop the excess blood from coming out.

 

After placing a bandage on the spot Nurse Kim took off his gloves and gathered his belongings.

 

"A few of your friends have been contacted. Page me if anything is wrong." he said as he got ready to exit the room.

 

"Hey where are you going? First you pretend you weren't flirting with me then you stab me and now you're leaving?" Yixing asked.

 

"First of all, I wasn't flirting. Second I drew blood, so technically I stabbed you for a reason. And yes I have to go. I have other patients to check up on you know." Nurse Kim said.

 

"Great, now I'll be bored and alone." Yixing pouted, causing the nurse to chuckle.

 

"You big baby." 

 

Yixing looked at the nurse before looking away, still pouting.

 

"By the way, my name is Junmyeon." Nurse Kim said before leaving the room.

 

.

.

.

 

It's been a few days now since Yixing has been on the hospital, still being kept to ensure he heals without complications.

 

Everyday, Nurse Kim, who finally said his name was Junmyeon would come and check up on him during his rounds.

 

Yixing could feel himself starting to like the cute nurse more and more each visit. Junmyeon could deny it all he wanted but Yixing knows when someone is flirting with him and that's exactly what he had been doing.

 

Yixing had been pleasantly surprised when his friends had come to visit him. He was watching television one afternoon when his door was loudly opened and his friends Chanyeol and Minseok walked in, along with his cousin Luhan.

 

"Hyung! Work has been so lonely without you!" Chanyeol proclaimed as he went to hug his partner.

 

"Yeol this is a hospital, you're really loud." Minseok chastised. 

 

"Sorry. Hyung, Baek says sorry he couldn't come see you. He's busy at work." Chanyeol said.

 

"See Xing this is exactly why I didn't want you to become a police officer." Luhan said.

 

"He meant to say he's glad you're okay." Minseok said.

 

"Thanks for coming guys." Yixing smiled.

 

"Sorry Yixing an old lady took the last red jello I wasn't gonna fight her for it- oh." Junmyeon stopped after entering the room and noticing all the new people present, "Hello." 

 

"Junmyeon, this is my work partner Chanyeol, and this is my cousin Luhan and his boyfriend Minseok." Yixing introduced, "Guys, this is Kim Junmyeon, my nurse." 

 

"Nice to meet all of you. Sorry I can't stay, I have to check on one of my patients who got out of surgery." Junmyeon bowed slightly before putting down the cup of jello and leaving the room.

 

"He's cute." Minseok said.

 

"And he's obviously into you." Chanyeol added.

 

"You should hook up with him and stop fifth wheeling whenever we go out." Luhan said. 

 

.

.

.

 

Yixing was getting out of the hospital today.

 

"I'm actually going to miss you." Junmyeon said.

 

"I'm gonna miss you too Junmyeon." Yixing said. 

 

Junmyeon smiled

 

"Well to help missing each other so much, how about I take you out for dinner some time?" Yixing asked.

 

"I'd like that." Junmyeon replied. 


Just a quick little oneshot because I wanted to update.

Seeing all of EXO's anniversary posts on Instagram had me squealing. I was especially happy to see Lay's message as well. I started listening to exo in late 2015 and honestly theyou as well as other groups have helped me get through so many things in life and it's really nice seeing them become so successful.

Anyway, hope you enjoked

Sorry for any spelling errors 

Comment, request, subscribe 

See you in the next chapter  <3 <3 <3