22. Partners

Sulay Oneshots and Drabbles

Twenty two

Partners

Requested by Exomin_16

Description: in which Yixing is the quiet introvert and Junmyeon is the sweetheart who's friends with every one and they become partners for a project.

Notes: trying something a little different

Warnings/Tags: platonic chenlay, hinted xiuchen


Yixing sighed as he stared at Junmyeon's back from his seat.

"Stare any harder and you're gonna start drooling." Jongdae said from beside him.

"What- no I wasn't staring. Shut up." Yixing replied, a light pink dusting his cheeks as he fixed his glasses.

Jongdae chuckled at his friend's behavior.

"Why don't you just talk to him?" Jongdae asked.

"No I can't do that." Yixing replied

"And why not?" Jongdae asked.

"Do you know how many confessions he probably gets in a day? And plus, he probably doesn't even know I exist." Yixing replied.

"Mister Kim and mister Zhang, if you could please stop the talking, I would like to continue what I have to say." The teacher asked.

The other students turned to look at them.

"Sorry songseangnim." They apologized simultaneously.

"He knows who you are alright. He looked directly at you." Jongdae whispered.

"Shut up Jongdae." Yixing muttered.

"So as I was saying," the teacher continued," From today on I'm assigning study partners. You'll help each other with everything and so on. By the end of the week I expect a report done on Romeo and Juliet. Next week I'll let you know what story we're starting next."

"That's not so bad." Jongdae said.

The teacher began calling out the pairs.

"Kim Jongdae and Kim Minseok."

"Aww that means we're not together. Shame ." Jongdae pouted.

"Kim Junmyeon and Zhang Yixing. "

Yixing felt like his heart stopped.

"Oh me." Yixing mumbled into his hands when he felt his face heat up.

"There there Xing. You'll survive." Jongdae tried to console his best friend and rubbed his back.

.
.
.

Jongdae and Yixing walked down the hallway. For no reason Jongdae had intertwined their arms and had his head on Yixing's shoulder.

"I'm gonna die." Yixing sighed.

"You'll be fine. You're most likely blowing this out of proportion." Jongdae said.

"I hope you're right." Yixing replied.

"I on the other hand, am probably going to die. Minseok hyung looks like he doesn't like me very much." Jongdae said.

"Well you are quite annoying." Yixing smiled.

"Shut up, you love me." Jongdae said, poking Yixing's dimple.

"Hey Yixing!" The pair heard someone call from behind them.

They turned to see Junmyeon walking up to them.

"Hi Junmyeon hyung." Jongdae greeted.

"Hi Jongdae, oh by the way. Minseok said that he was looking for you. He's in the Chem lab right now."Junmyeon said.

"Well I guess I'd go see him right now." Jongdae said, letting go of Yixing's hand.

"You can do it Xing. Get your dream guy." Jongdae encouraged in Mandarin, giving a wink before walking away.

"Yixing, I was wondering if you'd like to come over to my place later to get started on the report." Junmyeon suggested.

"U-uh sure." Yixing stuttered.

"Cool, meet me in the parking lot after school." Junmyeon said with a smile.

"O-okay." Yixing replied cursing inwardly at his blushing state.

.
.
.

"You're going to his house?" Jongdae asked excitedly.

"Yes. You're more excited than I am." Yixing said.

"That's because you're going to one of the most popular guys in school's house! And he's your crush!" Jongdae yelled.

"Could you not be so loud?" Yixing asked.

"Oh come on Xing, you know how bad you'd love to get a taste of that!" Jongdae yelled louder

Yixing covered Jongdae's mouth before the Korean could day any more.

"Um- hi Yixing, Jongdae. Am I interrupting anything?" Junmyeon asked.

"Oh n- no." Yixing answered.

"I was just leaving. Text me later Xing." Jongdae said, nudging Yixing before leaving.

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting long." Junmyeon said.

"It's fine. You didn't." Yixing said.

"Okay. Are you ready to go?" Junmyeon asked. Yixing nodded and followed the shorter male.

Junmyeon led Yixing to a white Audi r8.

'Of course he drives an Audi.' Yixing thought.

"You okay?" Junmyeon asked. Yixing nodded in reply

Junmyeon motioned for Yixing to go ahead and open the car door.

"Where am I dropping you after we're done later?" Junmyeon asked, starting the car.

"I-I' m currently living in Incheon." Yixing replied.

"Okay well I live in Gangnam so we have a little drive ahead of us." Junmyeon stated.

.
.
.

The drive was more or less quiet. Out of boredom and awkwardness Junmyeon started a conversation.

"Where are you from?" Junmyeon asked

"C-China?" Yixing replied.

"Well I assumed after I heard Jongdae tell you something in Mandarin. I meant which part of China." Junmyeon said.

"Oh r-right. I lived in Changsha until I was 13." Yixing answered.

"Do you miss it?" Junmyeon asked

"Yeah I miss it a lot but I'm also glad I moved here because I met a lot of great people. Like Jongdae and you." Yixing replied.

"Aww." Junmyeon cooed, unaware of the fact that he was blushing.

.
.
.

The two were sitting in Junmyeon's room reading over Romeo and Juliet.

"Honestly I think they're stupid. I mean you couldn't be together so you killed yourselves? Was that honestly the best solution?" Junmyeon voiced.

"Well I guess everyone deals with situations differently." Yixing stated.

"What would you have done?" Junmyeon asked.

"I wouldn't have retorted to suicide that's for sure. But, I don't know, maybe just elope or something." Yixing replied

Junmyeon laughed.

Yixing decided that Junmyeon had a really adorable laugh.

"Well I would have just met in secret. I guess eloping would have been a good solution too. They can't separate you if you're legally bonded." Junmyeon said.

.
.
.

Junmyeon dropped Yixing back home.

Yixing attempted to open the car door but it wasn't opening.

"Sorry, the door gives trouble sometimes." Junmyeon apologized.

Junmyeon removed his seatbelt and leaned over to pry the door open.

Yixing held his breath as his face reddened. Junmyeon was practically on top of him and if the Korean moved any further their position would have been compromising. Yixing tried looking everywhere but at the person in front of him.

Junmyeon moved when he got the door open.

"There. See you tomorrow Yixing." Junmyeon said.

"Yeah, bye." Yixing said after getting out of the car.

Yixing sighed and pushes his glasses further up his nose.

"That was awkward as hell."

.
.
.

Yixing sitting at his desk cleaning his glasses before the class began.

Two people walked into the class and while squinting he realized it was Junmyeon and Minseok.

Minseok sat at his desk and began taking out his books while Junmyeon just sat on top of his desk as they chatted.

They didn't seem to be aware of his presence so he stayed quiet as they talked.

"It's no use hyung. Even if I do confess he's already in a relationship." Junmyeon said.

"What if they're just friends?" Minseok asked.

"There's no way they're just friends." Junmyeon insisted.

"Well I'm sorry hon, I don't know what to tell you." Minseok said.

At that moment, Yixing sneezed.

The two males turned to where he was sitting.

"Sorry." Yixing apologized.

"It's fine. Were you there the whole time?" Minseok asked.

"Yeah, I-I'm pretty quiet so I usually go unnoticed." Yixing said.

"You look really different without your glasses on. It's not a bad look for you." Junmyeon pointed out.

"Oh r-really? I guess I never really noticed. T-they're on my face all the time so I kinda forget them sometimes." Yixing replied, putting the said glasses back on.

.
.
.

"Junmyeon said I look good without my glasses." Yixing told Jongdae.

"Then you should invest in contacts." Jongdae said.

"I don't know, I don't see why I should have to change the way I look." Yixing stated.

"It's like you don't want a chance with him." Jongdae said.

"What's the point. He likes someone else anyway." Yixing said dejectedly

"All the more reason for you to put yourself out there. Make him forget all about that other guy and get with you. Make a move on him or something." Jongdae said.

.
.
.

Yixing was at Junmyeon's house again on Friday. The two had already finished their report and handed it in.

They were sitting up in Junmyeon's room on his bed when Yixing suddenly confessed.

"I like you." Yixing blurted.

"What?" Junmyeon asked

"I like you. I have for a while now. You make me nervous because I always stutter around you. Your smile and laugh is all so mesmerizing. And when you were practically on top of me in your car I almost died. I tried so hard not to be a ert by looking at your but that didn't work. And it broke my heart when I heard you tell Minseok about some guy you had a crush on who was already in a relationship-" Yixing's confession was cut short when Junmyeon placed a finger on his lips.

"Do you want to know who I was talking about with Minseok?" Junmyeon asked. Yixing shrugged in reply.

"You." Junmyeon said.

"Me? But I don't have a- oh my God you thought Jongdae and I were together? N- No! I love him and all but if we were in a relationship I'd kill him." Yixing explained.

"You mean you and Jongdae weren't together all this time?"Junmyeon asked. Yixing shook his head.

"Then there's nothing stopping me." Junmyeon said, moving on to Yixing's lap and kissing the life out of him.

 


 It's been a while. Thought I'd write a request.

I actually started writing three others but I can't think of how to finish them :(

Anyway I hope you enjoyed.

Sorry for any spelling errors 

Comment, request, subscribe 

ONE SUBSCRIBER AWAY FROM 100

See you in the next chapter. <3 <3 <3