Chapter 1

Pursuit

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters

Author's note: Hi! =D I just saw on of the photos of the solim couple for their drama and thought of writing a fic again. I can't deny their chemistry and since my Bumsso heart is still in the waiting mode... so i had to give in the temptation to write a solim fic. =D This will just be a very short story (Maximum of 4 chapters)

Pursuit (Chapter 1)

She’s back.

Those words kept on echoing on Song Jae Rim’s mind. Like a mantra, like a curse, and like a saving grace to his dark, dark world.

How long has it been? Since her disappearance? Since he has been slapped by the cruel reality that she has been right all along. That he is nothing but a piece of without her. Without Kim So Eun.

She’s back.

Has it been really three years since her absence in his life? Yeah… exactly been three years, two months and eight days since she disappeared. He is good at counting. He is good at waiting.

He scoffed at that. Him? The debonair Song Jae Rim is now good at waiting. Three years ago, he might have break a bone or two if someone had kept him waiting. He was a jerk. A total jerk. A jerk whom had thought that he has everything in the world, except for a heart.

She’s back.

He is standing by the window of his suite, overlooking the city of Seoul. If someone could see him now, they would have thought that he is just a mannequin. Never did he blink, never did he move. Just looking at the city lights… thinking deeply.

She’s back.

Which only means that he is given another chance, on this lifetime. When she disappeared, he thought that it was the end for them. He never really did look for her. No… not because of pride or something. But he can vividly remember the harsh words that he had said to her a night before her disappearance.

“You mean nothing to me.”

He still cringed whenever he will be reminded of that harsh words. Their relationship is unconventional. He was set to marry another woman. A woman that was chosen by his family. A woman of the same society as his. An heiress. He thought that he could just accept the fate of a marriage of convenience.

But she happened. A wide-eyed innocent new actress who had caught his attention.

And as the old self-centred jerk that he is… whatever he wanted, he has to get.

It was just a game for him, at first. A very challenging game as she isn’t easy. She has a sharp tongue that lashed out at him the very first time he had made his advances. She has a very deadly glare that could send shivers to others, but not him. For it only fuelled his desire for her.

And as persistent as he was… she fell to his trap.

He made her his fling… a constant one. He was her first… first on everything.

It was supposed to be a freaking game to him… but it got personal. Day by day, he is slowly opening up to her. Her innocence whom he wanted to taint so much got the best of him. He thought that he’s been ripping her wings off but it was too late when he knew that she had fixed whatever is broken to him.

She became his salvation.

She has the purest of hearts.

And it scared him less.

So he did the most despicable thing… he broke her heart.

It was such beautiful night. He had called her over his penthouse. One last hurrah before he crush her. He swept her off her feet, bringing her over and over again to euphoria. He had bit and marked her all over her body as she scratch his back once he had taken her.

He exploded inside her... and then he dropped the bomb.

“Let’s not see each other anymore.”

Her face had shown surprised and pain. He knew that her brain is racing… thinking once again of his reasons for doing this. She’s always been like that… always thinking of others. Always searching for reasons. Always with the truth. But no… not tonight. She can’t have that truth. That dark secret of his that is at verge of being let out… the truth that he felt something to her. Something strong. Something scary. That one scary thing called love.

Before she can speak, he stood up and picked up her clothes. He gave it to her and he proceeded to take his clothes and started wearing it.

“You know you can’t get rid of me easily.” She said after a long silence. He turned around and noticed that she is also now fully clothed. He put on his façade and smirked at her.

“I can. I’m the great Song Jae Rim.”

She scoffed and was about to retort but he beat her to it. “Stop this now, So Eun. Don’t embarrass yourself anymore. Whatever this is… whatever you think this is… it is not the truth. You are a game to me. And now that I had enough of you… it is time to end this game.”

A slap. A deafening and painful slap has landed on his cheek.

“Get to your senses, you jerk! A game? A freaking game? Don’t take me as a fool, Jae Rim. We both know what this is.”

He shook his head and touched his burning cheek. But the pain is nothing compared to the pain he felt when he saw her eyes that is full of pain. He knew her palm is burning as well… he wanted to touch her and soothe her. Damn… he hates her. How can she stir these emotions on him? He freaking hates her.

“You’re the one who has to wake up, So Eun. This fantasy of yours is over. It was good while it last.” He then went to the door and opened it for her. “Goodbye, Kim So Eun.”

So Eun stood unmoving… looking straight at him. He felt unnerved but he stood his ground. They did a staring game and then So Eun shook her head.

“You are a fool, Jae Rim. I am warning you... Once I stepped out on that door, there is no coming back. I won't be coming back.”

“By all means… don’t come back. You mean nothing to me.” He said coldly and then he saw her pain once again.

He wanted to take it back. He wanted to shut the door before she can make a step. But like she said, he is a fool. A fool that is scared to the emotions he is feeling. A fool that chose to be the greatest jerk of all.

She took her first step, second... until they were facing each other. "Goodbye Jae Rim. I seriously do hope you can find your happiness... without me."

He shook his head remembering that night. True to her word, she was gone the very next day. But not only to his life, but to the whole entertainment industry as well. She had gone on hiatus. Her agency made a vague statement of her absence.

He knew it was because of him. The reason why she disappeared. He thought he could live with it. But day by day, he was drowning himself with alcohol. He isn’t himself anymore. He is miserable. He is incomplete. He realized that he was doomed as well when he can’t even touch or kiss another woman. He felt sick.

He thought he could continue with the façade but as his wedding day approaches, as his bride and him are walking… he suddenly saw her face and he knew he made the biggest mistake. And so he ran.

She’s back.

And so is his life. The news of her coming back had resurrected the life he had abandoned. She is back. He has a chance to redeem himself. To love her freely. To have her back.

He knew the road ahead isn’t as smooth as before. He knew there’s be hell to pay. But he had endured three years, two months and eight days without her… and he knew it was enough.

 

And so the pursuit once again begins. Before, a pursuit of his manly desire and pride. But now… a pursuit of happiness and love.

 

End of Chapter 1