ILYSB (full story)

ILYSB
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The monsoon has passed and so Baekhyun decides to go out today. The universe must be pleased at his vigor that it lets the sun shine. In fact, there was no rain amid the forecast that it would possibly be pouring all day.He puts on a green and blue plaid that still smells of fresh laundry and vanilla. He wears a smile on his face as he grabs his car keys. Baekhyun didn't really need to go outside, he just wanted to listen to his favorite DJ as he drives around town.

As he gets into his car, he turns on the radio and sings along the moment it starts to play a song.

"Oh my heart hurts so good, I love you, baby, soooo bad...soooo bad."

The song ends and his ears welcomes the husky voice of the DJ.

"What's up, guys? It's such a mystery why the sun is shining today, right? I wonder who's the one responsible for this. Hmm, maybe we should thank him or her then." Baekhyun laughs along with the DJ as though he was a friend.

The DJ continues his spiel, "and because the sun's up today, let me ask you a question, guys. Are you ready?"

Ready for what? Baekhyun snorts as he stops under the red light in a not so busy street near his apartment.

"We have a surprise gift to all our lovely listeners out there!" The DJ says as he manoeuvres the buttons to create a clapping and cheering noise. "So here it goes! Tell us what or who brings the sun in your day and we might just give you a free tour here in the KJM Studios or get a chance to spend a sometime here and be my co-DJ. Yes you heard that right, with me!"

Baekhyun flips his arms and shouts hysterically, "Omo! Oh my god! Oh my! I have to get this!"

"We'll have 3 winners for the studio tour and yes, you got that right, only one winner to co-DJ with me tomorrow. So send us your answers..." He ends the spiel with the mechanics and plays another song, the usual playlist that he sets up after his usual spiel which, today, is rather unusual because of the surprise announcement.

Baekhyun freezes in a complex feeling of joy, anxiety, and hope. The song continuously plays on the background as his white noise while he thinks of the perfect answer to the question, what or who brings the sun in your day?

The light turns green and Baekhyun seems too muffled to drive. He feels lightheaded with just imagining himself going to the studio and meeting the DJ himself. He immediately calls his friend to meet up with him and help him with his petty problem.

He pulls over to a diner, parks and gives his friend a ring as soon as he gets a seat.

"Chanyeol-ah!" He says teasingly.

Chanyeol clears his throat before he responds, "Baekhyun! It's 10 am! There are no classes today! Why are you up so early?"

"Are you listening to KJM station too?"

"Huh?"

"I can hear his songs playing in the background..."

"Oh, uh, yeah. Why?"

"Haven't you heard?! They have this contest where you could meet him, I mean the DJ, and yeah, you know... I want to join! Help me!" He says excitedly that it sounded almost like he was shouting.

Chanyeol smirks at the other end of the line. Baekhyun's enthusiasm always gets him, he couldn't help but smile. "Baekhyunnie, I'll help you later, okay?" I have stuff to do right now. I'll call you back around, uhm, 12-ish?"

"But that's the end of the show and then we won't be able to call the DJ!" He whines and this just gives Chanyeol more reasons to smile. "Ya! I can hear you smiling!"

"Baekhyun, you're crazy! Smiling has no sound! I'll hang up now, okay?"

"But, but, but, what about the-"

"You can send it later until 12 midnight, right?"

"Well, yeah but I wanted to call him."

"Just send it online! I have to go!"

Chanyeol ends the call.

After taking his milkshake, Baekhyun goes back to his car and turns on the radio.

The DJ fixes his mic and plays the next song then he speaks, "Well this is one of my favorite songs right now. Have a listen guys and don't forget to send in your answers! See you!"

Now playing: Angel by EXO

Baekhyun puts on a sad face and lets out a sigh; he could not think of anything, well besides the DJ himself that puts some sun in his day. He feels more anxious because Chanyeol, his bestfriend, wasn't even there to help him that he even sounded indifferent with this whole idea of joining the contest.

He heads home with the songs of his favorite DJ playing in the background. He thinks and thinks and just as the show ended, he suddenly jerks with the sudden ringing of his phone.

"Hello?"

"Chanyeolie! I thought you wouldn't call."

"I just had to fix some stuff, you know, uh, homework." He clears his throat.

"What homework? We don't have any!"

"It's my homework you idiot! We're not classmates in everything." He chuckles.

"Idiot... Really? That's very mature!" Baekhyun laughs. He's so used to Chanyeol calling him an idiot that it already sounds like a term of endearment to his ears.

 

"Well, you're my idiot!" Chanyeol smiles.

"Fine! Anyway, why don't you come over and let's do that homework together!"

"Huh?"

"The homework...I'll help you do it while you help me win this contest! You crazy fool!"

"Am I your crazy fool? Cause you're my idiot you know..." Chanyeol says teases him.

Baekhyun laughs at Chanyeol's subtle show of affection, "Just come over! Bye!" He ends the call.

Chanyeol smiles. Well, he is my idiot, he thinks. He packs his stuff but before he steps out the door someone calls,

"Mr. Park, you forgot something!" The lady smiles shyly.

"Oh yeah, thanks, Junhee!" He says as he reaches over to get his black hoodie from the lady's hands.

"No worries, sir!"

"Don't call me that!" He smiles.

"Oh, and sir, you have to come back early tomorrow though, you know."

"I will! Thanks again! I won't stay out late... I really have homework to do."

He goes to the parking lot of the building and drives to Baekhyun's apartment to which he has his own set of keys. He felt no longer a visitor to him, he was just his regular roommate-not-roommate who pops in and out of the boy's apartment whenever needed or whenever they just feel like it.

He opens the door and sees Baekhyun, his idiot, plopped lazily on the sofa continuously switching channels too fast.

"What took you so long?" Lazy Baekhyun asks, "I'm so frustrated here and you're leaving me hanging."

Chanyeol smiles, he really couldn't help it. "You're whining again."

"I am! Because I really want to meet that DJ and have my playlist be heard on the radio. I mean, c'mon! We all have dreams right?"

"I know, I know."

"That's all you have to say? I know, I know." He imitates Chanyeol's voice sloppily.

Chanyeol chuckles and lies next to Baekhyun on the sofa. He places the smaller boy's head on this lap, grabs the remote from his hands and turns the tv off. "Stand up, B! We have to think!"

Baekhyun sits erectly with Chanyeol's sudden words of, well, help.

"Okay," Chanyeol starts, "What's the question again?"

"What or who brings the sun in your day..."

"Okay, so what's on your mind, then? There has to be something!"

"Well, I thought of him but I couldn't say that because he'll think of me as a crazy fan."

Chanyeol smiles for the umpteenth time today because of Baekhyun's bluntness. "I won't..." He whispers.

"What?"

"Uh, I mean, what else, besides him? What about your passions? Dreams?"

"Do you have any?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"I just want to know what you would answer because you always get things rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter