february 07th

love letters;

Dear Jeongmin, 
        Tonight was a turning point. Just for the two of us, but it might as well have been for the entire world. Everything felt like it fell into place tonight. You were on a four-hour trip home and couldn’t sleep, so you sheepishly asked me to stay up and talk to you (telling me not to worry about it if I needed to sleep). Even though I had to work in the morning, I sacrificed my sleep for you - don’t worry, it was more than worth it. 

        We spilled our hearts in that conversation, including what we thought of each other, what other people thought of us, and what we liked about the other. You’ll have to forgive me for the lack of details that I remember, as it was very late at night (again, I am not complaining!). 

        I told you that I thought you were a bit odd but confident in who you are, and I admired your passion. You said that most people think you’re odd, but you were flattered I thought what I did of you, then proceeded to tell me that you think I read people well and you could tell I didn’t care what people thought of me (unless they were good thoughts). It flattered me that you saw me as who I wanted to become. When I ditched my toxic friends, I ditched the person I’d let them push me to become: the insecure one that sought attention and validation constantly. Since developing my goal to become confident in who I was, I’d begun to feel it, and I liked that you saw it within me. You don’t see me for my past, you see me for my present and future and, for that, I am endlessly grateful. 

Love, 
Hyunseong
(P.S. Thank you for telling me when you made it home.)