Double Trouble

Lonely at the Top

Yubin had just done a non-awkward girlfriend act that Donggab wished she was really his girlfriend. He half-wished her sandwich sauce also dripped on her chin so he could sweetly wipe it with his thumb and it off his thumb too. He felt his heart flutter at the thought of that and how she loved his company as well. He was smiling gleefully to himself. Yubin, on the other hand, was oblivious of what she just did. She continued eating her sandwich while keeping a lookout for the forger.  Then she turned to see Donggab smiling to himself.

 “You seemed happy?” she asked him and Donggab quickly caught himself.

He looked back at her and there it was! A small sauce stain at the side of . Donggab slowly reached out to her face but before he could touch her, Yubin suddenly turned away as she spotted something.

“I think that’s him!” She exclaimed, remembering from the photo of the forger San E had given them.

Donggab also recognized the guy who was wearing a black cap walking toward his home. Donggab then checked his watch and noted. “Now we know it is around this time he gets home. When we are familiar of when he is not home, we can bug his place. I already got some hi-tech bugs from the detective.”

“Isn’t it better to hack his mobile phone instead and trace the calls he made last few days?” Yubin asked.

“But that would be quite difficult get to him that close without suspicion.” Donggab stated as a matter of fact.

“My guys have hacked someone else’s phone before. And all they did was hacked it from a certain range where they can catch his mobile hotspot. They just need to be inconspicuous. But too bad my geek team is in LA now. Don’t you have guys who could do this here, Donggab-sshi?”

Donggab thought for a moment. He likely had but he would need to check with Zino on that. Suddenly, Donggab’s phone vibrated. It was Dokki.

“Hyung, I have some bad news to tell you. Boss Gill has been shot and is undergoing surgery in the hospital now.” Dokki broke the shocking news.

“What?!” Donggab exclaimed. “Which hospital?”

“The Daegu Medical Centre.” Dokki reported.

After Donggab hung up, he reported to Yubin. “Gill was shot. He’s now in surgery in Daegu. I better fly over there now.”

Yubin shook her head in disbelief. “Oh no, Uncle Gill! Do you think this has anything to do with my father’s murder?”

“I am not discounting it.” Donggab told Yubin.

“Should I come with you? But we still have to stake out this forger guy.”

“I know. We can’t keep the forger out of sight now. I suggest you stay here or send a man to keep surveillance on him. I don’t think you should go to Daegu since it’s dangerous there now and you are definitely a target if this was anything related to your father’s murder. I will go with a team of my men. I need to find out what happened with Gill.” Donggab advised.

“But you aren’t safe there too, Donggab! If they could target my father and now Uncle Gill, you might be next!”

“Well, someone’s gotta check on Gill and someone’s gotta keep track of this forger at the same time, Yubin. Don’t worry, I’m familiar with the Daegu territory. I will also get one of my men to help you here, ok?” Donggab said and then he made a phone call.

“Zino?! I need your help…” Donggab called his right-hand man and then gave Zino the address of where they were located.

After Donggab hung up, he found Yubin looking worried at him.

“I’ll be fine, Yubin.” Donggab assured her. “I’m not an easy to person to kill.”

“If Gill is shot, it means this killer is really deadly. It’s not easy to have access to guns in this country and the killer must have strong back-up to get that access.” Yubin warned.

“I know…” Donggab noted too. “I’ll be careful. Zino should be here within 10 minutes. You’ll be safe with him.”

Yubin tried to search Donggab’s eyes again but he had closed his eyes to calm his thoughts. She remembered the purple glow and hoped he was not going to do anything stupid with flying bullets around in Daegu. Then surprising not just Donggab but herself too, Yubin pulled Donggab’s collar to kiss him on the lips.

Donggab looked at Yubin in surprise after the kiss. It was a soft kiss but it was enough to drive his heartbeat rate up a high he had never had.

“I…I…” Yubin stammered as she was lost for words for her sudden kiss. But before she could think of words of explanation, Donggab kissed her back. And this time, the kiss deepened as they were not shy of their passionate tongue contact. Their arms wrapped around each other pulling them closer. His hands on her back and in her hair while her hands around his nape and cheek. They kissed like long-lost lovers but it was mostly because of the lack of a relationship for a long time. They tasted like subway but it did not break their heightened passion and desire.

“I will be back safely. I promised.” Donggab said in between kisses.

“You better.” She replied, kissing him deeper again. Their kiss was finally broken when Donggab’s phone rang again.

It was Zino.

“Boss, where are you? I’m here but I don’t see your car.” Zino asked Donggab when he picked up the phone.

Darn, Donggab forgot to tell Zino he was in a Hyundai instead. He described the car to Zino. Then Donggab turned to notice Zino’s Audi approaching them.

Donggab turned to Yubin. “I gotta go.”

Yubin held his hand tight and said. “Be safe, oppa.”

That endearing term drove him to kiss her deeply one last time. “You too, Yubin.”

Yubin nodded and watch Donggab get out of the car. He spoke briefly to Zino and then they swapped cars. Donggab drove off in Zino’s Audi while Zino slipped into the Hyundai driver’s seat next to Yubin.

“Hi, I’m Zino. Nice to meet you, ma’am!” Donggab’s tall and handsome right-hand man greeted with his hand stretched out for a handshake.

Yubin shook Zino’s hand and he went onto professional work mode immediately.

Zino checked his phone and said. “The Boss told me we need some hackers for a phone hack so I’m checking with these guys now.”

A few texts later, Zino reported to Yubin again. “They can only be here in the morning.”

“Oh.. I hope that would be around the time the guy goes out of his home then.” Yubin noted.

“Ermm.. Has he been out of the house so far?” Zino asked.

Oh no, Yubin recalled that Donggab and her had lost focus on the stakeout for some minutes because they were busy making out.

“Erm..I’m not sure, Zino.” Yubin admitted and then added. “I might have dozed off for a bit before you arrived?”

“It’s ok. I can ask the boss.” Zino said as he went on his phone to text.

“NO!” Yubin exclaimed to stop Zino. “I mean it was only a couple of minutes. I don’t think anything happened.” She then pointed to the forger’s home. “Look! His house lights are still on. He came home about 7pm and the lights came on till now. I doubt he went out.”

Thank god Zino let the matter slide and did not question further. He then asked Yubin. “Ma’am, if you are tired, you can go home and rest and I’ll take over from here.”

“If I go home, I’ll be busy checking with you on the progress anyway. I won’t be able to sleep too.”

Zino shrugged without looking at her. “I just thought you were tired since you said you dozed off.”

Damn, busted again. But Yubin kind of like the guy. Donggab sure got himself a pro right-hand man with great observations skills. Yubin had yet to look into the eyes of Zino since he hardly looked at her.

“So tell me, how long have you been working for Donggab?” Yubin quickly changed the subject.

A/Note: If this fic is boring the out of everyone so far, do tell.