Crazy Love

Lonely at the Top

2 days after Donggab was discharged, he along with Yubin as well as Sim D, Zino, Yezi and a team of 30 men were on a plane to the US, headed for Las Vegas. Ever since Donggab had confessed his love for her, Yubin could not help but try to understand if purple really meant the crazy deep love as Donggab had described. Was it so deep that it also drove that psycho gang leader to kill himself because she told him so? But that man and her hardly even knew each other. Then again, Donggab had already felt love for her on first sight. The bonus in Donggab’s case was she loved him too.

“Oppa…” Yubin asked Donggab who was reading the newspaper next to her in the spacious first class seat on the plane. “Would you die for me?”

Donggab looked at her and nodded. “Without a blink.”

“Can you do me a favour and not do that when I’m in danger?” she asked of him.

“No.” Donggab stubbornly said and continued reading his papers.

Ok, why was this purple not as obedient as that yellow-purple psycho? Right, that guy was mentally-ill and her Donggab was not. But these guys did share something in common – they were not afraid of death.

Meantime, Donggab was reading the LA Times and was smiling at an advertisement. A crazy thought hit him and he took note of the address of the store in the ad. Then he realized Yubin peeking at what he was reading and quickly closed the papers.

“What are you reading?” She asked him suspiciously.

“Nothing.” He said.

“I think I saw a diamond ring ad.” Yubin noted.

Busted. So Donggab might as well ask her. “Do you want that?”

Yubin then asked him back. “For what? To use at the Chapel of Love?”

Donggab smiled knowingly at her silently. And she smiled back. They kept that silent smiling for some time until Yubin broke the ice.

“I think we are crazy!” She said, shaking her head.

“I know right?” he added. “We started dating on the 6th day after we first met. And now just into a month, I wanna marry you.”

“Not to mention, we haven’t even made love to each other yet..” She added.

“Well, we could consummate on our wedding night.” He suggested.

“Oh God!” Yubin messed her hair in disbelief.

“We are of age to marry too, Yubin.” Donggab reminded. “You are almost 30 and I’m gonna be almost mid-30 in a few years! Besides, your father already gave us his blessings!”

“I can’t believe I’m actually considering this!” Yubin shook her head again.

“Are you worried the is bad?” he asked.

“I…I don’t think it would be bad right?” she asked him curiously. “Have you gotten dumped for bad before?”

“No.. But I haven’t done it in like close to 2 years already. So, I might be a little rusty though.” Donggab admitted.

Yubin chuckled but then again she was 3 years less so that was worse. “I guess we really have to make it very special then.”

“And by special, would you agree to do it as husband and wife?” he asked. “Because I will go and buy that Harry Winston ring as soon as we land and propose to you right away.”

“Oh God, Oh dear.” Yubin leaned back as she fanned herself. “Oppa.. it’s still crazy! I know we have been lonely for years and it’s great we found each other now but are we really gonna jump deep in like this?” 

“Yubin, look at me.” Donggab prompted as he continued. “Remember when you told me why you kissed me that night? Take it as the same reason why I want to marry you now. We aren’t sure if we come out alive when we take ourselves straight into the enemy’s den but at least we know we didn’t lose anything because we got married to each other.”

With that, Yubin was loss for words. All she could do was stare into the deep pink-purplish eyes of the man whose love was so deep, so crazy he was capable of making her consider marrying him right away.

=====

Yubin waited nervously in her Las Vegas hotel bedroom suite while Donggab went to buy the wedding rings. She could not believe she agreed to the crazy idea but she felt ecstatic about it. Yes, they were jumping into marriage like how they were going to jump into the enemy’s pit fire the next day. What more was there to lose? She had already picked out a wedding dress. A new pearl silk dress she brought along which she initially did not expect it to wear it as her wedding dress. But because it was pearl white, it suited for the occasion anyway. She had hung it in the wardrobe now. She paced around the bedroom until Yezi interrupted her.

“Boss, you ok? You looked nervous. Are we sticking to the original plan?” Yezi asked of the Yang Goon mission.

Yubin nodded. “Yes. Tomorrow night we set out.”

“So, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I’m….I’m…just making sure we don’t miss out anything.” Yubin bit her lip to avoid telling Yezi her sudden secret wedding that very night.

Just then Yubin looked over Yezi’s shoulder to see Donggab and Zino coming into the family suite they all shared together. Donggab was carrying a couple of shopping bags.

“You would think we girls be the first ones to go all out shopping as soon as we landed but it’s the men doing that instead.” Yezi noted to everyone.

Donggab just grinned at Yezi and went into the bedroom where Yubin was waiting. He closed the door as soon as he entered.

“Ok, I bought a flower crown veil and a small bouquet of flowers as well.” He took them out to show Yubin.

“Oh wow!” Yubin noted how pretty they looked.

Then her held her shoulders gently and guided her to sit at the edge of the bed. He went on one knee and took out the box. That Harry Winston box. Yubin’s wondered if it was the same one she saw on the ad in the newspaper Donggab was reading earlier on the plane.

“My Yubin, will you marry me?” he proposed as he opened the box.

Yubin was almost blinded by the ring staring at her. It was beautiful and exquisite, even more beautiful than the ring in the ad. It was so breath-taking no woman would say no to it! She looked at Donggab and his sincere pink purple eyes.

“YES! YES!” She let out as she reached for the ring but Donggab shut the box before she could touch that exquisite ring.

He kissed her and explained. “It’s the wedding ring, baby. I didn’t buy the engagement ring since this ring alone cost a bomb. We need to use it for the exchange of rings at the wedding later tonight.”

“Oh..” Yubin did not get upset because he had good reason, though it was kind of anti-.

“Let’s get dressed! We got a 9pm wedding appointment.” He announced as he went to his luggage to take out a suit.

Yubin went to the bathroom to get dressed into her pearl dress and touched up on her make-up and hair. After she was done and stepped outside, she found her husband-to-be in a handsome white suit.

“The most beautiful bride I have ever seen.” Donggab complimented as he approached her.

“Oppa, I just realized something.” Yubin remembered. “Don’t we need a witness?”

Donggab nodded. “I told Zino. He agreed to be our witness.”

“Oh really? Now I feel bad I have kept this from Yezi. But I don’t wanna give her a heart attack, you know?”

“It’s really up to you but you do know we are sharing this suite with them and Yezi would need to know sooner or later. I mean, when we walk out of this room. It’s all obvious already.” Donggab told her.

“Ok, I guess it’s time we invite her to our wedding then.” Yubin said.

Yezi was sitting in the living room of the family suite reading a magazine when she noticed Zino coming out of his bedroom looking like he was ready to go out again.

“Hot date?” she asked him.

Zino shook his head and then looked across Yezi. “I’m ready, boss.”

Yezi then turned to where Zino was looking and was shocked to see her boss and his boss looking like a wedding couple.

“WHAT THE ?!” Yezi stood up in surprise. “Is this for real? Or…or just an act for the mission?”

“It’s real, Yezi.” Yubin nodded firmly. “I’m getting married today. And you are cordially invited to my….rather small and brief wedding.”

“Boss! I know you are happily dating. That’s fine! But it’s only like, what? A month!?!” Yezi reminded.

“Anyway, Zino is coming with us to the wedding and only you and him are our exclusive guests, Yezi. No one else knows. You can come with us or you can stay here and ah, wait for us?” Donggab did not know how else to explain to Yezi too. The fact that he knew he and Yubin were already doing the crazy, how was one going to explain crazy anyway?

“Yezi, I know you think I must be crazy but....” Yubin gave up explaining too. “Oh it, I am crazy and I’m crazy about this man. Anyway, I would think a crazy dog like you would understand best. Now, are you or are you not coming with us to the wedding?!”

Yezi was still dumb-founded but she knew she hardly disobeyed Yubin. “Ermm, but I don’t have a nice dress for a wedding.”

“Oh, never mind. Why are you worrying about that when you are not the bride?” Yubin said as she walked up to Yezi and took her hand. “Let’s go!”

A/note: Bet you didn't see that coming ;p