Color Coded

Lonely at the Top

“Uncle Gill told me that our Vegas trip is basically a suicide mission.” Yubin brought up to Donggab.

“I’m only sending half the clans there with me. You, Sim D and myself. Gill doesn’t need to go. Kush, Dokki and him will stay in Korea to watch over the clans.” Donggab reminded.

“Oppa, he’s worried about us.”

“Well, are you worried?” Donggab asked Yubin.

“I’m not. I mean it’s familiar territory to me but…..you? You would be heading into danger zone again as soon as you recover from a bullet wound.”

“Even if I don’t go, it’s still a danger zone here as well. Besides, it’ll be like our first vacation together.” Donggab winked at Yubin.

Yubin chuckled, shaking her head at her almost 3-week-long boyfriend. Yes, the s had been high lately but they could not do much because of his injury. Now he was giving her steamy thoughts and she actually could not wait to head to Vegas with him too. They were going straight into the mother ship of their enemy and they did not forget to think of sparing some intimate vacation time with each other.

“I have nothing to lose, Yubin.” Donggab told her as he held her hand. “Since we are there to risk our lives, we might as well spend some quality time there as well.”

She gave him a kiss and said. “I couldn’t agree more.”

“We could even visit the Chapel of love there.” Donggab added cheekily.

Yubin laughed out loud. “Are you serious??”

“Hey, did you know your father actually betrothed you to me?”

“Betrothed?? Do they even use that word in this century?” Yubin laughed again.

“You don’t believe me?”  

“I do.” Yubin nodded and then admitted. “Papa did talk about it to me.”

“Really?! So Old Bang was that serious about our marriage?” Donggab always thought Old Bang was just saying it with him and did not expect the old man even brought it up to his daughter.

“I didn’t take it seriously though. Papa talked to me about it for like 3 years.” Yubin then imitated her father’s voice. “He was like ‘Sweetheart, you know some day you’ll need a husband. And I already have someone who would be perfect for you. He’s handsome, righteous and has a good heart. And I bet he’s a pink..”

“A pink?” Donggab was confused.

“Oh, that.” Yubin caught herself. “It’s just I have these color coded conversations with my parents.” She was not ready to share her secret ability with Donggab yet.

“Interesting. So what does pink mean? I hoped it doesn’t mean that I’m gay or something.” Donggab asked.

Yubin laughed at her boyfriend again, shaking her head on non-injury his shoulder. “No, silly! Pink basically means a good person.”

“Ok, are there any color codes you share with your parents? I mean, now that they are gone. I’m sure you’ll need someone else to share secret color code conversations with, right?” Donggab probed.

She looked at him endearingly and nodded. “Fine. It’ll be just between us.”

“Great! So what color is bad?” Donggab asked.

“Green. And Yellow is the worst kind of bad.” Yubin added. “Then there is blue which is kinda neutral. It’s kinda like conscience or guilt. Then there’s red which describes lust and passion. Ermm, do you need to take down notes on this?”

Donggab shook his head. “No need. I can remember well. I know who’s a red though.”

“Who?” Yubin asked. She wondered if Donggab would have same forecast as her. So far, based on their mutuals, she only saw red in Zino and Kush’s eyes.

“Me!” Donggab said as he placed a tender kiss on her lips.

Yubin looked into his still pink-purplish eyes and hit his shoulder lightly, knowing he was being cheeky again. “You are not. You are still purple.”

“Huh? What’s purple? I thought I was pink?”

“To me, you are pink and purple.” Then she shook her head. “I actually don’t know what purple is.”

“Then how do you come out with these color codes?”

No, he would not understand. She would not want to freak him out yet. Yubin thought to herself.

“I just come out with it randomly. Purple is a mysterious color to me.”

“I don’t think I’m mysterious though. I have been honest and genuine with you so far that I even surprised myself.”

“I know...” She smiled at him as she touched his handsome face. She felt the same way about herself to him too.

“You know what?” Donggab said as he leaned closer to her again. “I think I know what purple is..”

“It’s Love.” Then he kissed her tenderly. “One hell of a crazy kind of love.”

Yubin felt her emotions intensified by his love confession she kissed him passionately in response. They kissed for awhile until she had to stopped themselves when a thought hit her.

“Oppa, please don’t just say things so freely like this.” She suddenly stood up. Was purple really about love? She had past boyfriends before who did not have purple in their eyes but who supposedly told her they loved her too. Was Donggab being cheeky again?

“I’m… I’m sorry…It just came out. I didn’t mean to scare you.” Donggab apologized sincerely, surprised by her reaction as well.

She felt awful now. “You didn’t scare me. I just hope you meant it though…”

“Why would I lie to you? I know it’s ridiculous to feel so much for someone I only met weeks ago but it just feels like that to me.” Donggab admitted.

“When did you start feeling that way about me, oppa?” Yubin checked. If purple was really love, Donggab could not have already loved her on their first meet, right?

Donggab shook his head as he disclosed. “I’m not sure but I know I felt something intense from the first time I met you. And this is coming from a guy who didn’t believed in love at first sight.” 

She looked into those pink purple eyes again as she held his face. “I believe you.”