Gun Fight

Lonely at the Top

As soon as Yubin landed in Daegu airport, she made a phone call to Yezi.

“Talk to me, Yezi.” Yubin prompted her right hand as she moved along with her team of 10 men to a waiting limousine.

“We don’t have a name but we know the gang who hired the forger now.” Yezi reported.

“Is it one of the clans?” Yubin asked.

“No… It’s your father’s old nemesis from Vegas.”

“Damn it!” Yubin cursed in controlled anger.

====

The meet was arranged at a warehouse near a dock. After liaising with a middle man who have connections with a Daegu arms dealer believed to have in stock some US military weapons, the brothers-in-arms clans agreed to pool together 20 million won on the pretence to buy the weapons directly from the Daegu arms dealer. At midnight, Donggab, Dokki, Gary, Sim D and Kush arrived at a big warehouse as appointed. They see the dealer boss waiting for them with about 10 men carrying rifles in the middle of the warehouse. In front of them were 2 crates of the presumed US military weapons.

“So it’s true that the famous-5 clans finally decided to level up on their arms.” The stout dealer boss greeted in a Daegu dialect. “You made the right decision.”

“I heard you have the best US-made rifles.” Donggab checked again.

“But of course. The only one and the best in Korea.” The dealer assured as he lifted the crates open for Donggab to check the stock. “These are the best quality M16s and pistols.”

“Do you have a sniper rifle? Like a M25?” Donggab asked when he did not see any sniper rifles and particularly the one they managed to find out from a source in the Daegu police that was used on Gill.

Suddenly the dealer boss lifted up a pistol and pointed it at Donggab. “Why do you need a sniper rifle, huh?”

“Woah woah!” Donggab lifted his hands up. “I asked the middle man for sniper rifle too. Check with him.”

“I don’t sell sniper rifle!” The dealer said. “I see…. I know why you here. You want to find that sniper who shot Boss Gill, right?”

“Look! I brought money, ok!” Donggab nodded to Dokki who opened up a briefcase showing the cash. “I want all the weapons and the sniper weapon too.”

“I said I don’t sell sniper rifle! That one that shot Boss Gill is not from me, ok! Believe it or not! You still wanna buy these? Coz if not, I will have to shoot you.” The dealer and his men around him threatened as they all lifted their guns at the clan leaders.

“Ok, I will buy them. But can you tell me if you know who would be able to smuggle a US sniper rifle.” Donggab negotiated.

“No one! Because my supplier in the US does not sell these sniper weapons. It has to be someone else and I also want to find out who is it!”

“Ok, ok… I believe you..” Donggab told the dealer calmly. “We will complete the deal now. Just put down the gun please.”

The dealer slowly lowered his gun as he scanned all the clan leaders again who had their hands up without any fire arms. Then suddenly, the he noticed something at the warehouse window and exclaimed. “You in liar! You have men outside with guns!!”

Then bullets started to fly and everyone scrambled for cover. Donggab wondered who was shooting from the outside. As promised to the arms dealer, the clan leaders all agreed not to bring their men, not to mention their men had no guns. The deafening gunshots went on between whoever and the arms dealers for some time. Thankfully the other clan leaders seemed to have found separate safe covers as well and he noticed that most of the dealer’s men had been shot down by now. Then Donggab caught Dokki waving and shouting at him from the opposite end but his ears were temporarily deaf from all the gunshots and could not hear what was Dokki telling him. Donggab turned around and found the dealer boss behind him with the pistol. The dealer pulled Donggab by the collar and placed the barrel of the pistol to Donggab’s temple.

“Shoot and I will kill him!” The dealer shouted as he pulled Donggab along to the open area.

The gunshots stopped. Donggab watched as he found police SWAT officers with guns appearing. Who called the cops?

“You called the cops?!” the dealer asked Donggab in anger.

“No, I had no idea!” Donggab told the man truthfully.

“I will kill you!” The dealer warned Donggab.

Of course he would not believe Donggab.

“Then kill me!” Donggab bravely challenged the dealer.

The dealer looked surprised at Donggab and then warned the police again. “I swear I will shoot this er now!”

Then he led Donggab forward toward the exit as the police hold their fire watching the two passed through them.

“Just shoot him!” Donggab told the police.

“NO!” A woman’s voice rang out. Donggab spotted through Yubin coming out of a vehicle just outside the warehouse.

Her sudden appearance caught Donggab by surprise but her worried tearful face tore into his heart. Suddenly he was afraid of death. Or rather angry at the death threatening situation aimed at him.

“Looks like your lady is disagreeing with you, huh?!” the dealer told Donggab as he pushed Donggab harder towards the exit. But unbeknownst to the dealer, Donggab took the opportunity of the pushing to duck quickly and rammed his body against the dealer. A gunshot rang out in the midst of the fight as Donggab threw the dealer to the floor. Soon several men attacked the dealer including an officer who stomped on the dealer’s hand holding the pistol and managed to release the weapon from his grip. Donggab stood up while letting the police arrest the guns dealer. He turned around to find his clan leaders all rushing toward him, including Yubin.

Donggab naturally moved towards Yubin who instead of hugging him, gave him a shocked expression. “You’re shot!” She exclaimed. 

A/Note: Thanks for the feedback. It keeps me going.