Three

Goodbye to you

 

 


 


The following morning Byunghun woke up feeling his head throb and at first , he was completely blank , not knowing the reason why until he recalled the surprise party Howon prepared the day before . Jinwoon , Lee joon and even Gi kwang were there . He'd truly missed them so much that the events that took place during the party felt surreal . It had been a very long time since they last had fun together like that , even if he wasn't in a particulary good mood . It still felt nice to know he had people that loved and cared for him and he decided he wasn't going to make them worry about him any more . With newfound determination , Byunghun sat up right and stayed like that for good two minutes or so before eventually leaving the bed originally meant for Dongwoo . Oh speaking of which , was Howon still asleep ?

 

Byunghun blinked few times before scanning the room confirming that , indeed , his roommate was still blissfully unaware of the morning taking over . Well , I guess it's also a a result of him drinking more than all of us combined . the blonde male reasoned as he started approaching the bathroom , grateful he hadn't done the same thing . In case you people did not know , he had extremely low tolerance when it came to alcohol and since he suspected he was one of those who end up spilling their own secrets when drunk , he truly found himself shuddering at the idea of it alone .

 

In any case , he would just freshen up and go with the flow .

 

10 minutes barely passed before he heard a loud knock on the door of the bathroom accompanied with Howon's irritated voice , urging him to get his done quickly .

 

Wow ! what a grumpy voice to wake up to . Byunghun thought as he took his time brushing his teeth , finding himself in a surprisingly playful mood . though he didn't know if Howon meant it literally or not , he still decided to retort back .

 

" I dunno if you curse just because you are in a bad mood or you really think I'm taking a but I hate to break it to you , I am not . though I will try to brush my teeth faster . " the younger of the two spoke up incoherently as he tried not to swallow the toothpaste .

 

The only answer he earned himself came in the form of more noisy knocks ringing loudly in his ears reminding him of a petulant impatient child who couldn't stop asking for that toy he once caught a glimpse of .

 

Byunghun quickly washed his mouth and sighed before swaying the door open revealing a very cranky Howon who seemed ready to punch him in the face and oh it did hurt when the elder spared no time to humor him and instead yanked him out of the way before promptly shutting the door on his face quite literally .

 

​​​​​​Well , it wasn't a punch but damn it still hurt his nose .

 

" Yah !! " Byunghun exclaimed as he rubbed his offended nose and made his way towards " his " bed .

 

It didn't take long before he started hearing muffled choked noises coming from the bathroom . He had no doubt that Howon was emptying the contents of his stomach , even the sound of water gushing through the faucet did little to cover it .

The slightly elder male probably didn't like the idea of appearing sick and all weak in front of the younger .

How astonishing !

Did that mean he wasn't as resistant to alcohol as they all perceived . At first he thought the elder needed to use the bathroom , nature's call . Byunghun resisted the urge to laugh . He really did but God knows he couldn't .

 

Who knew that Howon , the fierce and detached young man with ho side , couldn't tolerate that much .

Byunghun continued to entertain himself to that thought as he grabbed his cell phone and turned the WiFi on , waiting for the numerous notifications flooding the screen to stop resounding before he started checking them out , effectively getting distracted and it was only because of Howon leaving the bathroom that he snapped out of it and realized , with mortification , that he was now running late for his class . both were , but for entirely different reasons . And damn the one time he runs late had to be instructor jessica's class . Just his luck !

 


 

 

During violin\piano class :

 

Byunghun sat in front of one of the electronic keyboard pianos , carefully listening to the instructor's notes while thinking of the nature of such class so far. The class had been split in two , people who chose to take piano lessons and those who chose violin . Sadly , most of his friends ended up choosing violin . It's not like he had terrible social skills . No . he did know a lot of people in his class but that didn't necessarily make them his friends . Truthfully speaking he was feeling so lonely . but even if he had Chanhee or sungyeol or even Howon with him , he wouldn't have had time to chat with them . He supposed . Still he could have exchanged smiles and glances with them .

 

Sighing as he willed himself to think happy thoughts , Byunghun soon found himself slipping into the pianist in him as the entire class began playing together . Their instructor said it was better that way , to be able to tell when someone deviated from the harmony of playing in sync .

 

 

Somewhere else : A certain black haired hunter was also having his paino\violin lesson . Myungsoo had been spacing out for a while even as he played to the melody of Yiruma's river flows in you . But it didn't stay that way for long . He was snapped out of his thoughts when a familiar voice called him in a whisper .

" Pss . Myung ! "

 

Tilting his head to the side , he faced an overly cheerful kim sungjong .

 

The gloomy young man adjusted his violin and hummed , waiting for the younger to speak even though he was not in the mood for chatting at the moment , nor was he supposed to .

 

Myungsoo scanned the room for instructor shin hye , making sure he wasn't going to get into troubles for being ' talkative ' and once he found her lecturing another student , he visibly relaxed .

 

Sungjong , on the other hand , seemed to have been impatiently waiting for someone to slip so that they would get scolded , more or less , by the instructor and buy him time to talk with his friend .

 

" What's up wth you and Byunghun ? you had a fight or what ? "

 

Now that caught his attention .

 

" Did someone tell you that ? " Frowning as he gazed at the younger intently , Myungsoo nearly chewed his lips as he waited for the younger to respond .

 

" No . but I have been observing you two and I pieced it out . So you had ? " Sungjong persisted and the elder could only sigh at that , knowing there would no point trying to hide it after all .

 

" Well , yea . you can say we had a fallout . " Myungsoo admitted , feeling rather dismal at his own words .

 

 


 

It was only after a while that  Myungsoo realized he truly missed his friend , Byunghun .

 

Unable to cling to his pride anymore , he decided to confront the younger and  tell him so . However , he could never know he was in for a total disappointment .  

It was during lunch time when the black haired male managed to catch a glimpse of the shorter blonde and before anyone could notice , he held Byunghun by the arm and asked for a moment .

 

The blonde had been startled by the touch and maybe even shocked by the knowledge of just who exactly pulled on his arm but managed to hide it .

 

They were out in the garden just a short walk away from the cafeteria when Myungsoo finally stopped in his tracks and spun around to face the younger , the sincerest apology rolling past his tongue .

 

A moment of silence descended over them as both waited , one for a response and the other for words to formulate in his mind .

 

Contemplating his answer , Byungun smiled and shook his head before speaking up “ I'm sorry ,  Myungsoo . “

 

Confused , the elder just furrowed his eyebrows and parted his lips , ready to ask why . After all , he'd been the one hurting the younger not the other way round .

 

The blonde male a deep breath through his nose and exhaled deeply before averting his gaze away , admiring the cherry blossom planted around the area and finally explaining , returning his gaze once more to meet the elder's .

“ The Byunghun you are looking for is no longer here ..  “

 

Another moment of silence conquered the atmosphere , though that time considerably shorter .

 

You broke his heart .. Myungsoo mentally added , barely keeping himself from rolling his eyes .. Like .. seriously ! how much more drama would he have to deal with ? It's true he'd been a jerk with the way he , more or less , rejected the younger's feelings but come on ! he hadn't done so intentionally and here he was swallowing his pride for a mistake that wasn't his . He had never given Byunghun mixed signals or anything so why the hell was everything spiraling out of control like that ? Now he was forced to listen to a drama-infused response from the blonde .

 

However , the rest of the younger’s speech did not go the way he expected it to , not entirely .


“ Now It's Byunghun that loves you and I can't bring myself to be your friend and act like nothing happened when it gives me false hopes being near you . “



 





After some more time ,  Myungsoo found himself getting annoyed whenever he saw Byunghun around others . He would feel inexplicably jealous and wish he could punch anyone who dared getting closer to the blonde male . It didn't exactly help that the younger male just had that uncanny ability to make everyone go crazy for him regardless of the gender or age .

 

He couldn't allow that anymore . He didn't know how but he was going to chase away any person trying to get closer to the unsuspecting younger . Damn ! Byunghun was HIS best friend and not anyone else's . People had to knew that ! And Myungsoo was determined to show it in the most explicit of ways .

He started rebuilding their friendship in small gestures and soon enough they found themselves slipping back into the way they used to be . It even looked like Byunghun was going to switch back to his room with Myungsoo again . Achievement unlocked !


 

One day ,  they were playing video games like they used to and started doing again as of late . Everything was fun and games until Myungsoo just had to bring a certain topic up .


" I heard  you kissed .. in  truth or  dare .  " he tried to make his voice flat and indifferent as much as possible but failed , miserably .


Byunghun swiftly raised his eyebrows and focused on the videogame or at least tried to and answered casually " Yea ..  I know I did .  "

He meant to ask ' Your point ?' But chose to phrase it that way .

 

the sounds of their fingers pressing against the game controller filled the otherwise silent room . Deep inside , Myungsoo was seething .

 

Byunghun had really kissed Gi kwang !

He tried to calm himself down . he really tried . But all his efforts went in vain as a certain image filled his mind , Byunghun losing in truth or dare and ending up on Gi kwang's lap before they started making out .

 

Unconsciously and without meaning to or even thinking his actions through , the black haired male tossed the controller aside and moved forward shoving the younger to the floor making the controller in Byunghun's hands go flying as well .
 

 

" Mine ! You are mine ! " Myungsoo literally snapped as he said those words and put both hands on the youngers' cheeks , trapping the flesh there .

 

Byunghun blanched hearing those words .

His heart skipped a beat , breathing became labored and eyes stretched so wide in shock at both getting shoved all out of the blue and hearing those words .

 

He could hear the distant sound of his character getting shot in the game followed by the infamous ' Game over ' but could only ever register one thing . 

 

Did he hear it right ? 

 

Judging by the elder's possessive expression , it seemed that way .

Byunghun pursed his lips and tried his best not to curse the elder .

 

Their faces were inches away and he could see and feel those tendrils of flaming jealousy radiating from the male above him but it did nothing to alleviate the ache in his heart . Because he knew why . Byunghun knew possessiveness when he saw it .

Myungsoo had the audacity to say such thing and follow it with an attempt to .. His face neared Byunghun's and it took a split second to comprehend why . The blonde widened his eyes and instantly pulled his face away , dealing the elder's a messy punch .

 

He couldn't feel anything but anger, boiling and ading every inch of his being . One single word shattered everything ,  all those good memories they had in the latest weeks as they explored their friendship again now reduced to shrivels before his eyes . Why ? Why , Myungsoo ? Just why ?

His eyes took on a sorrowful glint as he gazed through disheveled blonde strands at the one person he loved and heartily trusted , realizing fast that such was a mistake on his part .

 

The elder seemed to have sobered up after that punch and pulled away alittle or at least was forced to .

 

" We are not filming a drama , Myungsoo ! " Expression somewhere between disbelief , anguish and disgust , Byunghun exclaimed , barely keeping himself from yelling . Myungsoo's words had hurt more than he liked to admit and his actions made it ten times worse . Just because he harbored feelings for the elder didn't automatically mean he was his .

 

" You can't just reject my feelings one night and magically start returning them the other ! " voice wavering and face turning red , the younger of the two struggled to break free . He shoved the elder out of the way and stood up , betrayal and despair staining his once beautiful face . He was too angry it hurt !!! No .. he was goddamn hurt and that angered him to no limits . Whatever the he couldn't care less which happened first . What mattered was that he was presently furious and hurt and disappointed and God it hurt too bad .

 

" How ? How could you even think that saying that would make me soften or approve of your advances ? I love you yes but I will never let you take advantage of me or my feelings ! Did you think I would never say no to you ? Did you think I was after your body ? So you assumed giving it to me would fix everything ?? " Never giving the elder a chance to defend himself , Byunghun exclaimed , nearly tearing off all strands in his head .

 

 Myungsoo , on the other hand , did not know what to say . He himself had no idea why he was feeling that irrational about it all . He had intended to patch things up between them and apologize for being a total jerk but he ended up doing the exact opposite, hurting Byunghun's feelings once again - something he seemed to be doing a lot lately - . 

 

 

It was only after the younger stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind that Myungsoo finally realized why .

 

No , Byunghun .. You are .. Mine to to love , mine to cherish , mine to hold .

 

 

 


 

 

Words count : 2794

Updated : July 8 2017 .

 

To the less than 1 % population who may read this :

Yes , I know you may get astonished that this is marked complete . Don't though .

It's an open ending because I decided I was not going to exhaust my brain cells , time and effort anymore to think of more events in this fic or any other one for that matter when I know for  a fact that all of that meets a dead wall , mostly  . 

You can imagine the rest of the story in whatever way pleases you .  Think that they ended up reconciling and finally got in a relationship or that Myungsoo kept his feelings to himself and never confessed to Byunghun and eventually both stopped talking or that they stayed friends with no love involved  .  In all honesty , think whatever you like .

 

Hugs and kisses \Ciao