...

Of Hues of Blues and a Late Afternoon Cruise
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next few days were like torture for Chanyeol. The things he had to do were easy, transferring money, signing contracts, etc. Those tasks were easy. What the torturous part was, was that he could barely use his legs anymore. They were weak to the point of not being able to stand up even when he leaned up against a wall.

However, once he had done everything necessary, he got Sehun to drive them all back to Magenta Shore. As they got closer and closer to the beach, Chanyeol felt better but also began to get a lot more restless. After helping Chanyeol back over to the rocks and down onto the usual ledge, Sehun and Kai bid their farewells. Kai planned on staying on land a bit longer to help Sehun sort out some things left by Chanyeol - although, it was obvious that Kai planned on staying on land for a completely different reason.

A couple of days prior, with the help of a close wizard friend of Kai, they had been able to teleport a few boxes of Chanyeol's belongings inside the underwater cave, safely onto the dry area inside. So, that wasn't anything they had to worry about.

Once the coast was clear, Baekhyun stripped himself of the board shorts he had been wearing and handed them to the taller who was sitting beside him on the ledge. Baekhyun lowered himself back into the water completely and he transformed back to his natural merman self. He moved back slightly and gave the other space to slide into the water as well. Once Chanyeol was in the water, Baekhyun wrapped his arms around him, pecking him on the cheek. "You'll be alright," he smiled. He nodded and then held the other's hand, before diving into the water and pulling the other along.

 

When they got to the underwater cave, Chanyeol smiled when he saw his stuff there. He nodded and placed the board shorts from Baekhyun onto the edge of the platform.

"Now... um... you need to take off your shorts... and yeah..." blushed Baekhyun. He let the other get his shorts off and place them alongside the other pair on the edge. "Now... don't worry about breathing or anything like that, everything will happen naturally."

Chanyeol could see just how nervous the other was and moved forward, hugging the smaller tightly. "Don't worry Baekhyun. I'll be fine," he whispered softly. He smiled and let the smaller hold onto him tightly.

They then proceeded to swim down to the bottom of the cave and Baekhyun let the other lay there. He sat right by Chanyeol as the taller soon fell asleep. He stayed there, holding onto the taller's hand. Soon, he fell asleep as well, lying against the other's chest.

 

Back up on land, Sehun and Kai had gotten over the awkwardness of being alone together and used this time to instead do what they wee afraid to do in front of others - talk to one another comfortably. It didn't help that Sehun was the one who wanted to talk with Kai all the time, but Kai turned away every time he tried to approach the merman. He had tried multiple times and now that they didn't have anyone else to worry about anymore, the merman seemed to relax and actually enjoy himself.

Sehun was very grateful for that, and even though Kai didn't admit

Please log in to read the full chapter