...

Of Hues of Blues and a Late Afternoon Cruise
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun was a bit more than just worried when Chanyeol had texted him to let his work know that he was too sick to come into work that day. Sehun knew Chanyeol. And he new that Chanyeol was never just too sick for work. So, after doing as his friend had asked him, he went to visit Chanyeol. He called his friend on his way there, wanting to let him know that he was coming.

"Hey, this is Chanyeol. Sorry I can't answer right now, but please- "

Okay, there was definitely something wrong.

 

Sehun ran over to his friend's place and knocked on the door, waited, then rang the doorbell, and waited some more. He sighed and opened the door using his spare key and looked around. He was shocked to see Chanyeol lying there on the living room floor, unconscious.

"Hyung, wake up," he said.

Thankfully the older stirred a bit, looking quite disorientated. "Hun?" he mumbled.

"Yes, it's me," the younger answered, relief obvious. He reached out and checked the older's forehead and flinched from the heat.

"Ma... genta..." the older groaned. "Now.."

Sehun furrowed his brows, trying to understand why the older wanted to go there. But of course, he nodded and carefully lifted the older up, supporting him with an arm. "Alright hyung. But I'm driving your ute," he said.

 

Once they got to the beach, Sehun had managed to walk the rather feverish Chanyeol over to the usual spot where they would meet Baekhyun and Kai. Strangely enough, Baekhyun was already there, waiting, and looking quite anxious.

The merman looked up and saw the two approaching, "Chanyeol!" Baekhyun gasped.

Sehun gently lowered the older onto the ledge beside the rather frantic merman. "He seems to have a fever... and he insisted on coming out here," the youngest explained.

"Thank you so much, Sehun," smiled Baekhyun.

"No problem."

 

Sehun had gone off to sit on the beach for a while.

Baekhyun was grateful since the younger seemed to understand that they needed some time. Baekhyun was trying to get Chanyeol to gain a bit more consciousness. "Chanyeol. It's me, Baekhyun," he said softly.

The taller opened his eyes a bit more and looked at the merman in front of him. He smiled and wrapped his arms around the merman's smaller body. "Baekhyun," he hummed. He was a bit wobbly and was very close to slipping off the ledge they were on.

The smaller tried to keep them up on the ledge, but since Chanyeol was bigger than him, he couldn't quite move them back up. So, he got pulled into the water by the taller's weight and they floated around the ledge. "Are you alright, Chanyeol?" he asked softly as he kept his arms around the taller.

"Mhmm... now that I'm here... with you.." he answered.

Baekhyun gasped as the other's body went limp and was beginning to sink. "I think I need to take you back to my home, alright? I'll let Sehun know," he said.

 

Chanyeol was quite delirious even once he was taken to the merman's home. He refused to get out of the water and didn't want to let go of Baekhyun.

The merman decided that it would be okay to take the other down into the water for now, so he let them sink down to the bottom of his cave and rest there. "I'm so sorry you're going through this.." the smaller whispered. He knew the other was sleeping since he was limp and had his eyes shut. Baekhy

Please log in to read the full chapter