...

Of Hues of Blues and a Late Afternoon Cruise
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol had put on an ointment on the welts on his arm last night and had wrapped it well with bandages overnight. He knew that Baekhyun would notice it, but he didn't mind. He smiled when he saw the merman's familiar head of hair appear in the water in front of him and immediately opened his arms. He chuckled when the other seemed a bit sleepy. "Did I come too early?" he asked softly.

The merman shook his head and smiled, "No, I was taking a short nap and well, then you came," he smiled. He snuggled closely to the human and then gently held up his bandaged arm. "You promise me that you treated it?" Baekhyun asked, looking up into the human's eyes.

Chanyeol looked back into those beautiful blue eyes that were swirling with concern. "Yes, I promise that I did," he smiled.

Baekhyun seemed a bit more relaxed after hearing that and then continued to hug the human before he suddenly saw Sehun pushing himself off the ledge and out to swim. "Where is he going?" he asked softly.

"I... don't know," answered Chanyeol. He was very confused to see that the younger was swimming out on his own but then he saw Kai pop his head out. "Well, maybe Kai has something to do with it?" he chuckled. He felt the merman in his arms stiffen a bit and then looked at him. "Are you alright Baekhyun?" he asked.

"H-huh?? Oh yeah, I'm fine, I'm totally fine. I mean yes, I'm alright- "

"Baekhyun," the human spoke softly but sternly. He saw the merman calm down before watching as he seemed to slump. "I think you definitely know why Sehun just swam out to Kai. And I think you know exactly why I can't seem to stop myself from coming out to this beach." He looked at the other and then waited for an answer.

The merman bit down on his lip lightly before looking at the other, "Well, when a mermaid or merman becomes fond of someone... or more like... they feel like they can give their heart to that someone... We subconsciously put them under a spell which makes them want to return to the place where we reside in. For Kai and myself, it happens to be this beach here," he explained. He played with his fingers which had natural webbing between them, but not a lot. "D-do you hate me now?" he asked, tearing up a bit.

Chanyeol took all of the information in and then saw the other's expression. He never wanted to see Baekhyun cry. He lifted the other's head up to face him and smiled, "No, I don't hate you... but, how long have you known about me? I've been coming to this beach for a while now..." He chuckled when the other blushed profusely and seemed to fiddle with his fingers again. "I'm guessing a while?" he asked and earned a nod in response. He pulled the other close to him and then nuzzled his hair. "You could have told me sooner though," he chuckled and then looked down and saw the merman pouting.

Baekhyun turned around a bit and then hugged the other, "Thank you so much Chanyeol," he said and then pulled away.

"Wanna go for a swim with me?" the human smiled.

"Of course!" the smaller exclaimed and then hopped back into the water. He moved back enough to give the other space to get into the water and swm out a bit, knowing the human was following him. He dove down under the surface, waiting for the other to come follow him. Baekhyun was more than happy when the other followed suit, swimmin

Please log in to read the full chapter