...

Of Hues of Blues and a Late Afternoon Cruise
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol couldn't go back to Magenta Shore for a couple of days since he had to work the late afternoon shifts in the place of a coworker. It was only the worst thing possible since he was dying to go back and see Baekhyun again.

It was a Friday evening when Chanyeol finished work. He looked out at the skies and then smiled to himself as he grabbed a sandwich before getting into his ute. He ate as he drove and when he got to the beach, he changed out of his normal clothes and into a pair of spare board shorts he always kept in his ute.

He walked out and then headed out to where the rocks were, being careful of where he was going before stepping down and onto the ledge. He waited less than a minute before he felt familiar arms around around him.

"Chanyeol, what're you doing out here so late?" asked Baekhyun, an obvious glint of excitement in his eyes as he pulled away a bit.

"Well... I missed you and the waters too much to just go home for the weekend," he smiled. He continued to hold the merman in his arms, pulling him up onto his lap. "Did you miss me too?" he asked curiously.

The merman nodded quickly and smiled, "I missed you a lot... I didn't know when you'd come so when I sensed you just now, I was surprised but really happy," he smiled.

Chanyeol felt pretty happy to know that the other had missed him as well. He held the other close to him and subconsciously ran his hands along the other's hips where his skin and scales met. "Am I the only human you actually talk to and stuff?" he asked.

The shy nod from the merman made Chanyeol feel proud of himself. "I... I don't usually talk to or interact with other humans, but you're a bit different. Especially since you were able to find this beach. You're the first one who has visited this beach in many years," the merman explained. "Any others would come here once and then just never come back."

The human nodded before humming softly. "I see... Well, I don't plan on stopping my visits any time soon." He smiled to the merman and looked down at the other's tail which continued to shine even with the lack of light. "Especially since... I have more of a reason to come back here," he smiled. He couldn't help but lean in and lightly peck the other's cheek. Chanyeol blushed a bit from his own actions and then smiled sheepishly.

"W-what was that f-for?" asked Baekhyun, a little taken aback, but also very happy that the other had done such a thing.

"I-I dunno... but... I just felt the need to do it..." he said softly. Ever since he had first visited and found this beach about a year ago, Chanyeol hadn't been able to go for more than a week without visiting it. He didn't know why. But he was being drawn to the place and now, with the addition of Baekhyun, he couldn't seem to help himself.

The merman nodded shyly before sensing someone else. He looked behind the human only to see Sehun there. "Oh, hello there," he smiled. The merman noticed soomething odd about the human as he sat behind Chanyeol.

"Sehun? What're you doing here?" asked Chanyeol.

The younger looked up and blinked a few times. "I... I don't know... I just... came here," he said. The younger furrowed his brows as he sat there and then seemed to be in his own world of thought.

"Do you feel... drawn here?" asked Baekhyun. He had an odd suspicion that he knew the reson why Sehun came back.

Sehun looked over to his friend and Baekhyun and furrowed his brows. "I guess... but, I don't know why," he answered.

"Baekhyun-hyung!

Please log in to read the full chapter