...

Of Hues of Blues and a Late Afternoon Cruise
Please log in to read the full chapter

To say that Chanyeol had lost track of the time was a bit of an understatement. He didn't realise how long he had been talking with- well, more like staring at, Baekhyun. He only realised the time when the lack of natural lighting was becoming a bit more evident.

The merman looked to the sky and then back to the human beside him. "You should head back home Chanyeol. It'll be dark soon," he said.

Chanyeol knew that the other was right. He sighed softly, nodding to the other. "Yeah... I was thinking that maybe... I could have a swim with you tomorrow," he said. He smiled when he saw the merman nodding to him. He leaned over and wrapped his arms around the other, feeling a mixture of warmth and coolness from the other's body. He pulled away, letting the other slip back into the water and watching as Baekhyun began to swim away.

 

"Hey hyung!"

Chanyeol was a bit surprised to see his younger friend, Sehun, in front of his house. "What're you doing here Sehun?" he asked as he locked his ute. He walked up to his door and then went inside once he had unlocked it, the younger following him.

"Well, I was wondering where my hyung disappeared to, you know?" the younger chuckled. He tossed himself onto the couch and watched his friend. "So, what were you doing for the past, I dunno, five hours?" he asked.

Chanyeol looked over at his friend and pursed his lips before sitting beside the younger. "I'll tell you, but promise not to... tell anyone or laugh alright?" he asked.

Sehun leaned forward and nodded hesitantly, "Okay, spill," he said softly.

The taller sighed softly and opened his mouth to speak, "Yesterday, at the beach... I may have been swimming and may have come across a merman who may have known about me going to that beach for a while and I may just have gone and talked to him for however long I was gone for," he answered, smiling rather sheepishly.

Sehun blinked a few times, "You've seriously gone insane hyung. How much of that sea water have you accidentally swallowed?" the younger asked. "Sure, they say that there are magical creatures out there, but do you seriously think that I would believe what you're saying?"

 

"Seriously, you have seriously lost it hyung," Sehun said from the passenger seat. He was still very skeptical about this whole merman story his best friend was going on about - this led to Chanyeol insisting on showing him.

"I have not lost it Sehun and I will prove it to you," he said calmly. He parked in his usual spot before walking out onto the beach with Sehun. "Stay here for a second. I need to ask Baekhyun if it's alright," he said.

"You even came up with a name for him?" the younger asked. He rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he wondered why he even agreed to come out here in the first place. He watched his friend go around behind the rocks and began waiting.

 

Chanyeol stepped into the water and waited for Baekhyun to show up. "Chanyeol," the merman smiled as he swam up. The smaller furrowed his brows and bit and tilted his head, "Is there someone else here?" he asked.

"Yeah... he's one of my closest friends and well... I told him why I kinda went missing for a bit yesterday and he doesn't believe me so I thought that I might as well bring him here, but I wanted to ask y- "

Baekhyun reached up and placed a finger on the human's lips. "I understand. It's fine. Bring him around," he smiled. He let the human go off to get his friend and as he did so, Baekhyun sat on that same ledge as yesterday and waited a few moments before hearing the two coming over. The bickering made him giggle softly.

"-yeol-hyung, seriously. I swear you're just seeing- " Sehun stopped in his tracks when he saw the figure sitting on the ledge, "- things."

The merman giggled when he saw the reaction on this newcomer's face before looking up and

Please log in to read the full chapter