Prologue

To See You Again

            1498 AD: Joseon Dynasty

           

            “ GET OUT!”  A shrill voice cut through the air, ringing in EunJi’s sensitive ears.

            “GET OUT YOU DAMN VAMPIRE!The village master held her wooden staff over her head, wanting to strike EunJi’s skull, the older woman shook as fear over took her. The thought of hitting a vampire scared her, the possible ways that the vampire could attack back. Instead, EunJi covered her head with her pale arms and tightly shut her eyes as the impact came down. Of course it didn’t hurt her, after all, she was a monster. More of the villagers joined in, more sharp items hitting her, the weapons breaking against her skin.

            “MONSTER!”

            “BASTARD!”

            “!”

            They all yelled out all the names they could think of, they kept hitting her; they wanted to kill her… just like they did with her parents. EunJi’s eyes suddenly filled with pure terror as she saw someone off in the distance with a big burning torch. The red flame seemed more and more sinister the longer she looked at it. As she feared death she quickly got up and pushed through the malevolence and ran as fast as she could. She didn’t stop even as the noise behind her stopped. She ran deeper and deeper into the woods; she didn’t stop until she was sure she was in a place where no one would find. She sat down by a tree and put her head in her arms as she wept.

 

A week later   

            “Soyoon! Make sure you’re back for dinner!” a woman’s voice called,

            “Yes! Mother!” A teen with light brown hair replied, “I’m going now!”

            The girl turned and ran into the woods, every week she would go to her little secret place which hidden deep in the woods next to her house. Not wanting to waste time she started to run, a little bag with snacks in her arms.

 

            EunJi leaned on a tree next to the little hut she had made in a weeks time,

            I’ll make it better later, EunJi thought as she glanced over at it.

            She sat and looked up at the burning sun,

            It’s so hot…

            She closed her eyes and fell into a light nap.

 

            SoYoon walked deeper into the woods as she hummed a soft tune. She swung her bag of treats back and forth as she started to skip as her little song gave her bright enthusiasm. It’s be pretty embarrassing for a 17 year old to be skipping and humming but SoYoon really didn’t care, nobody would see her anyways. Finally she arrived at her little secret place. It was a little area in the woods, where she came across one day, it was a circle cleared of trees, a pretty stream ran through the middle, and the sun shone through the trees around which left a beautiful shimmer of light. She took a deep breath of fresh, moist, air; the atmosphere here was luxurious. She looked ahead of her and jumped in surprise, a person was sleeping besides a man made hut that wasn’t there before. She walked over to the sleeping figure and loomed over it. It was a girl, a really pretty one at that.

            The mysterious girl has a pale complexion, smooth, healthy, long, hair; her chest steadily rising and falling at a slow rhythmic pace.

            Pretty…

            SoYoon couldn’t take her eyes off the sleeping girl.

            Wait… doesn’t that make me a ert?

            As Soyoon started to question her actions EunJi slowly opened her eyes. Soyoon fell back as the girl startled her, “I’m sorry!” she stammered, “You were just really pretty.” She quickly covered ; she didn’t mean to just out right say it. EunJi looked at her with hard, dark eyes.

            “Who are you,” her voice was as hard as the rest of her features, “What do you want?”

            SoYoon wished at this moment that EunJi had stayed asleep.

“I-I-I-I didn’t mean to just interrupt your slumber, um, like, it’s just that you were really pretty, no, I mean-“ SoYoon stuttered on and on. She felt her face slowly turn red from embarrassment; she covered her face and let out a strangled sigh.

            EunJi’s eyes widened in surprise, nobody had ever called her pretty. All the words people used to describe her were, ugly, monster, damned, and other words like that. EunJi let out a small laugh and SoYoon turned with a reaction that was the same as EunJi’s; surprised.  SoYoon laughed in return as she tried to lighten the now awkward mood. She put her hand out and EunJi slightly flinched. SoYoon hesitated as she saw EunJi’s little movement but continued,

            “Hello my name is SoYoon, Song SoYoon. What is your name?”

            After a little while of silence the mysterious pale girl answered,

            “Jung EunJi.”

 

A couple months later           

            “I’m going, mother!” SoYoon yelled as she ran out of the house with a big basket full of food.

            “Ok! Be safe!” Her mother replied. Her mother looked at the door that was now slid shut. It seemed as if SoYoon had been going out more frequently. She shrugged it off thinking; probably just wants to play outside more as it is now spring. She turned back around as she walked back into her room.

SoYoon sprinted into the woods, holding the basket so nothing would fall out. As she arrived in the middle of the woods she yelled, “EunJi!!! Where are you?”

 EunJi emerged from behind one of the trees, “Hi.” EunJi smiled. SoYoon ran towards her after setting down the basket, she embraced EunJi after she gave her a quick kiss.

            “How were you?” SoYoon asked.

            “Good…” EunJi blushed slightly, which added color to her pale complexion.

SoYoon smiled as she saw the shorter girl’s reaction, “Come on, I brought food!”

            They sat down on a lush patch of grass and ate the food SoYoon brought and they happily chatted.

 

A few months later:

 

            "SoYoon-ah, make sure to come back early today, ok?" Her mother called as SoYoon ran for the door.

            "Yes, mother!" SoYoon said as she ran out of the house. She happily skipped into the woods.

            SoYoon’s visits the woods to meet EunJi have been growing more and more frequent as it is now already a daily thing that SoYoon does. She loved to go meet Eunji and have fun playing and chatting with her, as they have even got closer than before. EunJi always smiles and expresses happiness when she sees SoYoon, as she is the only one who appreciates her and treats her nicely. EunJi's day is always wonderful when SoYoon; she had never felt a love like this before. Eunji's feelings grow more and more whenever she sees SoYoon. She just wants to see SoYoon everyday, She wants to see her pretty face and she loved it whenever she brought her delicious foods.

            "Bye SoYoon, see you again," Eunji waved at the younger girl.

            SoYoon quickly sprinted off as she remembered that she had to be back early. SoYoon's figure was soon out of view. Although the girl was already gone, EunJi was still smiling.

 

SoYoon looked at the time, it was around seven at night. SoYoon sighed as she impatiently waited for her mother to dismiss her. She couldn’t go out in the morning due to her father talking to another family.

            SoYoon dreaded thinking about what they were talking about.

            "Alright, you can go but be right back SoYoon-ah. It’s getting darker," her mother reminded her as always as she walked out of the house.

            "Yes mother! I'll be right back," SoYoon happily waved at her mother and happily sprinted into the woods, as she carried a basket full of fresh fruits. She brought a lamp to shine her path through the mysterious dark woods. As she was almost at her destination, she suddenly heard an ominous noise. She stopped in her tracks and felt a cold chill run down her spine. She quickly checked her surroundings with the use of her lamp to make sure no one was following her. After she confirmed that no one was around, SoYoon continued to walk quietly but quickly, she was frightened. She heard the noise again, she checked again but no one was around. She felt a more and more terrified. She concluded that maybe it was a bat, she sighed as the thought comforted her. She continued to walk but again she heard the same noise. Then her curiosity caused her fear to suddenly disappear.  She could hear the source of the noise was every close to her. She searched for the noise; every step she took it seemed like the noise got louder and louder. She finally came across a big tree where the noise seemed to be loudest. She slowly looked past the big tree while hiding behind it; she didn’t want to be seen. As her eyes slowly became adjusted to the dark she saw a person sinking their teeth into an animals neck.

            SoYoon covered and put her hand over her stomach to prevent throwing up. The stench of blood filled the air and made her feel nauseous. SoYoon couldn’t help but look again at the creature killing the innocent animal. Her eyes widened as she saw the person’s inhuman features. The girl’s mouth was full of blood and behind the sheet of blood were lethal fangs. Her eyes were bright red and glowed in the moonlight. Her skin was as pale as snow.

            “A vampire…” SoYoon said a little too loudly.

            The vampire fully turned her head towards SoYoon, which caused SoYoon to gasp.

            “EunJi…?” SoYoon stuttered as she took a hesitant step backward.

            “SoYoon?” EunJi said as dropped. “SoYoon, please I can explain.”

            EunJi took a couple steps towards SoYoon. Fear quickly took over SoYoon; she dropped her basket of fruits and ran away.

            “SoYoon!” EunJi called after her but it was no use as SoYoon’s footsteps had completely disappeared in a matter of mere seconds.

 

            After the incident, SoYoon never came back. The woods have become quiet and dark. EunJi tried to look for her; she wanted to tell SoYoon about everything. She wanted to apologize; she wanted to tell SoYoon everything was ok. She wanted to tell SoYoon that she loved her.

            Finally, she found her one day. But it wasn’t how EunJi had hoped.

            “Song SoYoon, do you accept this marriage?” A man asked her.

            “I do,” SoYoon said as she had a smile on her face.

            EunJi staggered back, she felt dizzy. SoYoon and her husband then kissed to seal their marriage. EunJi felt tears sting her eyes. SoYoon then turned to see EunJi behind everyone in the crowd, her eyes widened. SoYoon opened to say something.

            In fear, EunJi ran away.


Yay! The first chapter is finally out! 

Hope you enjoy! Shinee and I have been working really hard on this ^^