Cry Out

On My Tiptoes | Toru Fanfic

>This oneshot is about Toru finding out you are being abused. Please don’t read if you are sensitive although it isn’t very graphic. I hope you enjoy! 
> Y/N : Your name
> Trigger Warning : Abuse and violence

“Y/N? Y/N? Have you fallen asleep?” Your fiancé asked quietly. Careful that if in fact he was correct, he didn’t disturb you. You were cuddled up on his sofa in his shared apartment. The same sofa which you had your first kiss on, first hug on and the place you first tried wasabi. Which by the way wasn’t a very nice experience! A bag of cool original Doritos in front and some averagely-priced beer to accompany your movie night.

“Hmmm?” You woke up hazily from your nap. “Nope I’m still awake.” You said, your eyelids deciding to go against you and close without your will. A small giggle left his throat and he pulled you into a hug.

“As much as I want to stay up and talk to you, I think it’s time you went to bed.” He smiled lovingly.

“Toru, I love you.” You said nervously, you were always someone who was terrified of rejection.

“I love you more, Y/N.” He pulled you in momentarily for a brisk kiss on the lips. He moved his right hand to cup your cheek and his left wrapped around your waist. You ran your fingers through the hair just above the nape of his neck. It was shaven at around a centimetre and was black in colour. You pulled away and stood up.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Wait what are you talking about? I can’t let my beloved future-wife walk home at 1 in the morning.” He frowned.

“But I really have to be home, my brother will be angry.”

“Don’t worry Y/N I’ll take you home tomorrow morning and apologize to him myself. Just sit back down and get some sleep.” He pulled your wrist downwards, you cried in pain. You held your breath to keep in the cries whilst Toru investigated. He pulled the hoodie covering your forarms upwards, discovering deep, dark purple bruises around your wrist. Your quick intake of breath made him suspicious. “What are the bruises?!” He demanded. 
“I fell over yesterday.” You replied quietly. 'If you had fallen over then why were you conscious about keeping them covered.’ He thought. You sat between his legs and he wrapped his body around you. He head fell onto your shoulder and he hugged as tight as he could. 
“You mean so much to me,” he sighed. “You can tell me tomorrow.” The guitarist left a small kiss on your temple before closing his eyes and dozing off.

~

Your eyes fluttered open, Toru’s arms encased you in warmth and love and the sun shining through the blinds gave you sight. A echoing yawn came out of you and shook your lovely Toru awake. “Good morning gorgeous.” He smiled. His eyes crinkled at the side and his bunny teeth stood out slightly from his lips. “Can I have a hug?” He asked sweetly. You both were always asking for permission before doing anything. You liked it that way, you never felt uncomfortable or embarrassed. Everything in the world was right, until you remembered. 'I didn’t go home last night.’ 
“.” You sat up, panicked and trembling.
“What’s the matter, baby?” He asked, slipping his fingers through your own to hold your hand. He rubbed his thumb on the back of your hand to sooth you, something that Toru does quite often. 
“I need to get home.” You pulled on your coat that was hanging on the side of the sofa and slipped on your shoes. Only then did you realise that Toru had decided to join you. You both got into his car and started the short drive to your home.

You stood outside the door, you could hear your brother playing his music loudly in the kitchen. You knocked three times til he answered. He didn’t speak but just led you through the house to the kitchen. It was plain and boring, bottles littered on the counters. Ones that had been abandoned there the night before.
“Toru, baby, could you please get me some stuff so I can spend the night at yours.” His heavenly long legs jogged up the stairs and once he left your brother finally told you what he wanted to say.
“Stay?! At his again?! Why are you doing this Y/N?!” He shouted. He was a few years older and a few inches taller. He had an intimidating face and although he is your brother even you are scared of him. He was quite an aggressive person, your old headteacher said the same. “Don’t you think you’ve had enough with him? How long have you been ing him for then? A couple months? Weeks? Days? You stupid ! Nobody cares about you.” He didn’t scream too loud but enough that it was just hidden by the booming music coming out of his speakers. He took a step closer, you took one back. He held intense eye-contact when he pushed you into the cupboard. You clenched your face with pain, but let it go. You couldn’t admit it that he was in control. “What is it ? Something wrong?” He took another step and threw a kick at your right leg. You cried slightly in pain, falling to the floor. 
“Y/N!” Toru shouted, storming through the kitchen door and sending daggers to your brother. “What the  are you doing to her!” He shouted across the room. You lay with discomfort looking up at your hero. Tears rolled down yours face but you ignored them. Toru ran you your side. He looked lovingly in your eyes and asked you a question. “Are you okay baby?” He frowned and you looked into his beautiful brown eyes and gave a small nod. He put your arm over his shoulder and he picked you up with his strong, muscly arms. His hair was slightly messy and he sighed into your neck as he carried you out the house. He opened the car door and placed you in the passenger seat. He kissed you on the cheek before rushing back inside. You waited for him nervously, praying that he didn’t get into a big fight. A couple of moments later he come out the house, a few scratches on his face. But no particular injuries. He put your stuff in the back seat and got into the car. Starting the engine you muffled your cries and he quickly drove back to his apartment. 
He carried your carefully back home, a look of worry and concern plastered over his face. He sat on on the top of the kitchen counter, starting off with placing an ice-pack on top of your swollen ankle then investigating the damage done to your waist. He gave a slight nod, asking for permission to lift your t-shirt which you granted. And as he pulled on the cotton material a look of shock and disgust filled his face. Tears grew in his eyes but he held them back as he added ointment to the injury and a dressing. Once everything was done he brought his attention to your face. 
“How long?” He sighed. You kept silent, swallowing the lump in your throat. “How long has he been doing this?” He repeated, this time a little angrier. 
“A couple years or so.” Your weak voice spoke out.
“Oh my god.” Toru took a step back and rubbed his face, keeping his head down and covered with his hands. “Baby, why didn’t you tell me?” He frowned. “We’re gonna get married soon, do you not trust me?” A few singular tears rolled down his face.
“Toru I’m sorry. I didn’t realise.” You cried.
“Realise what? That that sick twisted brother of yours is a abusive scumbag!” He shouted. A few moments of silence made him realise he went too far. “Y/N I’m sorry for shouting.” 
“No, it’s okay. You’re right I should of told you. I’m so, so sorry.” You covered your face and sobbed into your palms.
“Y/N I’m so sorry this happened to you. But I promise you that i will make sure nobody ever lays a finger on you.” You nodded and he stepped closer to wrap you in his arms. His plain black jumper was fluffy and soft, giving you both comfort as you weeped. “Your too precious and dear to me for anyone to hurt you.” He admitted. And at that moment you remembered why you were loved and how this truly amazing and beautiful man has impacted your life in so many great ways.

“Toru, I love you.”