Take Me To The Top

On My Tiptoes | Toru Fanfic

Quick Note: I had to put a * in Toru's last name becuae tecnically it has a swear word. Srew you asianfanfics that's his fricking name! x

Toru was excited, no more than excited. This would be the biggest show in a foreign country he’s ever done, or possibly ever do. He was warming up backstage when the first call had come. The time was coming closer and the butterflies in his stomach had now turned into birds. You had arranged to meet up with him at soundcheck but that had long since passed. Toru was a little nervous but he dismissed it as a mishap. Perhaps you had slept through your alarm, or had to finish a workload. Or even the most likely, some bodyguard mistook you as a crazed fan and kicked you out. Although London is a huge city and brings lots of different companies and record labels who might possibly be interested in his band, he was only nervous about you. You had promised him to be there tonight. The two of you had become slightly distant on the lead up to this performance and he was determined to put on the best show ever in his lifetime. You had been dating for just over three years and Toru had organized the perfect surprise proposal later on tonight.  

By the second and final call Toru was reunited with his bandmates and ready to go on. The crowd were cheering and they could feel their favourite band’s presence near. The strobe lights gave it away. Tomoya was given the go-ahead and he sneaked up on the stage and took the audience by surprise when he began slamming on his drums. Next was Ryota, he proudly jumped up and joined in with the commotion. Toru grabbed his guitar in his strongest hand and stepped onto the raised stage. The crowd cheered and as Taka was beginning to sing the start of their first song Toru began played his favourite guitar. His searched the stage for your beautiful face, trying to mostly concentrate on playing as even if he couldn’t see you, you could see him and praise him later on.  

Once they had finished the whole set they had left for backstage where you would be meeting them. As soon as he had stepped into their dressing room a man who most probably worked with his manager had grabbed his attention.  

“Mr Yamashi*a, You had a phone call. I think it was your girlfriend.” He picked up a towel from the counter and walked over to his phone with the rest of his stuff. He clicked onto you contact and it only rang for a couple of seconds til it was picked up.  

“Hello, Is this a friend or relative of Miss Y/f/n? This is [Hospitals Name].” A young woman’s unrecognizable voice spoke.

“I’m her boyfriend, has something happened? can I help you?” He spoke back nervously. The whole room turned to look at him when he spoke those words it all sounded like something was wrong.

“I’m sorry to say that Miss Y/l/n had gotten into an accident earlier today. She’s in a critical condition.” Toru’s words got stuck in his throat and breathed a deep breath before replying.

“T-Thank you, I’ll be there right away.” Toru couldn’t handle this kind of pain, you both have been blessed with being fairly healthy. The tears welled up his eyes but he held them back.  

“What’s wrong Toru?” Ryota asked.  

“Y/n’s hurt I have to go to the hospital.” His said quickly as he grabbed his coat and wiped his eyes.  

“I’ll drive you, you don’t look in the state to be concentrating.” Taka offered.

“Um thank you.” He accepted although he didn’t really feel like he should be grateful for anything when the world has just done something so horrible to the one he loves most. The drive to the hospital was too long and painful. Toru tried to not sob as he didn’t want to walk in there with puffy eyes and red, blotchy cheeks.  

“Did they tell you what happened?” Taka asked as they pulled into the car park.  

“No, but they said she was in a critical condition.” He spoke sadly as he ran ahead of Taka and jogged into the building.  

“Excuse me, I’m here for Y/f/n. I’m her boyfriend.” She asked him to take a seat whilst she got someone to take them over to her room.  

“Hey, stop it.” Exclaimed Taka when he placed a hand on his best friends thigh to stop him from tapping his feet with nerves. Toru quietly apologized and quickly pushed his hair back with one hand, he must have looked a mess. His shirt was slightly wet with sweat, from both the performance and his panic when he ran til his body’s limit. He had thrown a waterproof coat on top as although it was summer, the rain was not a very rare occurrence especially these last few nights.

Your POV

The strong antibacterial smell filled your lungs as you breathed a deep inhale. You were in a bed with tight cold sheets which made you shiver but your left hand was extremely warm and clammy. You opened your eyes due to discomfort and immediately recognized your surroundings as a hospital room.

“Y/n? Y/N?” You began trying to focus on who spoke and looked to your left to find your handsome long-term boyfriend.  

“Toru?” You squeaked out in a barely-audible whisper. He had tear tracks down his face but he had the most adorable smile on his face. The one where you can see his cute bunny teeth and his eyes slightly crinkled at the side. You noticed next that he was holding your hand tightly in both of his. he leant forward and placed a soft kiss on the back of your hand. When he came back up he sighed in relief as if any contact you had would make you disappear. “W-What happened?” He ran his hand up and down your arm in comfort and continued what he was going to say.

“On the way to the venue… you were stabbed by some dickhead. They don’t know whether it was a failed mugging or if they were purposely trying to attack you.” He said sadly.  

“Where?…” You spoke as you pulled down the covers with your free hand. Just below your ribs was a bandage about 15cm long. You pulled the sheets back up as they were making you upset. The doctor interrupted with a knock on the door then walked in.

“Ah Miss Y/l/n, I see you’re awake.” He spoke cheerfully. “We will do a few checks, like blood pressure, temperature and such. But I will leave a wheelchair for you outside so you can get a coffee or sit in the garden for a bit. I know that being involved in an attack can make someone very shaken up.” You both nodded a thank you and Toru stood up and bowed to the man. The doctor was probably quite confused but he could probably tell that Toru was Japanese and that he was probably just showing his culture’s customs. Once he left you asked Toru for a hug. He happily complied and wrapped his arms under your own and pulled you into a tight hug. (Well as tight as you could go as he really didn’t want to hurt you. He kissed your cheek and pulled away as although you were in a country where p.d.a was a lot more acceptable, Toru was still used to his country’s social acceptance. And you were totally okay with that. He lips on your skin only lasted a couple of seconds and it wasn’t very sloppy and gross like you would expect with anyone else. It was quickly but very gentle with not very much pressure. It was just enough for you to realize what he was trying to say.  

“I got a phone call straight after the show and they told me you were in critical condition,” He wiped away a few stray tears and continued. “I was so scared Y/n. I’m not letting you out my sight again.” You hoped he was joking although you wouldn’t mind that happening anyway. “I love you so much.” He confessed.  

“I love you more, baby.” You smiled. You pulled his head down to rest on your chest and his hair. It was slightly damp, presumably from the rain and it curled slightly at the ends. His head was slightly heavy but you didn’t care in the slightest. You ran your hands down the side of his face and you still couldn’t believe that after all these years he chose you. You looked down at his beautiful, angelic face and kissed his forehead. “Please don’t leave me.” You cried slightly.

“Leave you? Are you crazy. No, no. I would never in a million years.” You smiled. “Are you hungry or thirsty? Do you want to go out for a bit?” You nodded quietly and he wheeled the wheelchair over to your bed. “I’ll lift you into it.” You pushed away the bedsheets and he enclosed his arms around your stomach picking you up and putting you back down in the chair. He wheeled you out the door and immediately you saw Taka, Tomoya and Ryota in the waiting room.  

“Y/n, are you okay?” You nodded with a small smile and Toru placed a hand on your shoulder he knew you hate sympathy.  

“We’re going to get some food, want to come?” He offered the others. You ate uneventfully. Toru wasn’t very hungry and was more concerned in what you ate than himself. You all had quiet conversation and you tried your hardest to keep your cries of pain silent. The others left and you and your boyfriend went on a walk to the pitch black courtyard. The lights from the hospital glowed up enough to show you where you were and Toru wheeled you to a near-by bench. “You’re so beautiful.” You looked at him puzzled and you knelt down in front of you. “Trust me I have been planning this night for months.” He grabbed your hand and snickered when you gave him a confused expression. “ it, today has been the worst day of my life and I wanna make it good again.”  

“What’s happening?” You asked nervously.  

“Y/n you’re the most beautiful, amazing, kind, friendly and important person to me. I love you so very much and I really don’t care about anyone else of the planet as much as I do you. You make me so happy and determined to do a good job. I swear I’m never going to ever love someone as much as I love you. So please, will you be my wife?” You were starstruck. Toru was someone who rarely kept his opinion a secret but he has never said something as heart-felt as this. The words tingled through you body and boosted your confidence slightly as this perfect human being had just put yourself above him. You looked into his gorgeous deep brown orbs and cried. His hair that was slightly damaged from all the bleach was across his forehead and down towards the left side of his face. “Are you going to answer?” He said shakely. His words brought you back down to earth and you nodded. Staring into his eyes he smiled. “Are you sure?” He giggled.  

“For sure.” You fell forwards into his arms and hugged him as tight as humanly possible. You put your right arm over his shoulders and ran your fingers through the hair on the back of his head. You squished your face into his neck and he laughed making his chest vibrate and send tingles to your toes. You kissed his neck, then check and made your way to his mouth. He leant in first and pressed his lips to your own, he wasn’t harsh but he was passionate and you swear in this moment you could get lost. You moved your left hand from behind his back to his neck and gripped on for life. “Toru, are children are going to be so cute.” You smiled.

“Yeah they are, half Japanese- half English.” He awed.

“I can’t wait.”

“Well Mrs Yamashi*a, once your fully healed you won’t have to wait very long.” He winked then hugged you tighter.