T4TSF

The Four Times She Fell And The One Time She Didn't [T4TSF]

The first time Sana fell, she was at the King’s Cross Train Station

The first year of attending Hogwarts was surely a scary feat. Sana had heard the stories about the ghosts and the apparitions that appeared in the castle. She was the last child in her family to attend the school amongst her three siblings. Nothing was as scary as trying to run through a brick wall at a train station. Surely she would embarrass herself by colliding into the concrete. Part of her thought it was a joke that her siblings were playing on her but she had just seen someone magically disappear through the wall, leaving her astounded. She hugged her family goodbye, asking one last time if it really worked despite seeing it for herself.

She closed her eyes for a few moments and drew a big breath; she could do this. She ran the short distance and closed her eyes once again as she neared the wall. Sana wished she had left her eyes open because as soon as she passed through and arrived at the platform, she collided with something hard – or should she say someone.

The contact made her lose her balance and she knew she was already falling. But she never felt the impact of the tiled floor of the platform – she was on something soft. The person she had bumped into was the person who was lying below her, looking at her with curious eyes.

Sana immediately shot up, apologising profusely and bowing to show her sincerity. She helped the girl up and thanked her.

“It’s not a problem. I’m just glad you’re not hurt.” The girl said softly.

“Thank you, and I’m terribly sorry.” Sana bowed again.

“You’ve already apologised enough. If you want me to accept it, you have to do something for me.” The girl suggested.

Sana looked at her with curiosity; she wasn’t sure she should trust a stranger she had just met. However, the stranger did break her fall so it accepting her condition was the kindest thing to do.

“Um – sure. What did you have in mind?” Sana asked the girl.

“Be my friend.” Answered the girl.

“Is that all? You didn’t need to ask for that.” Sana replied, smiling widely.

The girl just rubbed her neck shyly.

“My name is Sana; I’m a first year.” Sana introduced.

“Nice to meet you Sana. My name is Tzuyu. We’re both in the same year!” Tzuyu replied.

“Well, Tzuyu, let’s get a cabin inside the train before they all get taken up! I can’t wait for the food trolley to arrive! I’ve been wanting the Chocolate Frogs for so long! And even the Pumpkin Pasties! The food on their trolleys are glorious!” Sana said excitedly, dragging Tzuyu along with her.


The second time she fell, she was at the Great Hall

Sana’s was absolutely amazed by the sight of the Great Hall. The floating candles and the long tables filled with more goodness than she’d ever seen in her life all made her feel stunned. The first years all sat hunched together, nervously waiting for the events to start.

“Good evening to our old students and a very warm welcome to our newest ones. A magical world awaits at your fingertips.” Their Headmaster greeted.

“How the hell did George Weasley become our Headmaster?” Sana heard someone mutter.

Sana wondered that herself. Out of all the people who could’ve been a more suitable Headmaster, they chose one that would never seem fit for the job. She had heard the stories about the Headmaster’s tricks on the students at the school. While he did tease students, he could be extremely serious when the time called for it. Maybe that’s why everyone loved him – he knew the boundaries.

Professor Weasley introduced the teaching staff to the students and the respective subjects they would be teaching before the official Sorting ceremony began. Sana was extremely nervous about which house she would enter. Truth be told, she wanted to be with Tzuyu – someone she knew already but there was a small chance of that happening and she knew that. If Sana were to guess what house she would be in, she would say either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. She knows she didn’t stand a chance to be in Slytherin or Gryffindor since she possessed none of the characteristics of the houses.

“Sana Lovegood.” Sana walked up to the seat as she was called out, putting the sorting hat on her head. “Ravenclaw.”

She took the hat off and walked to the respective table, occupants cheering loudly and clapping as she took a seat.

“Tzuyu Malfoy.” Professor Weasley called out. “Slytherin.”

Sana sighed as Tzuyu seated herself on her house table. At least they’ll still see each other in their classes.

As the sorting finished, everyone dug into the food in front of them, helping themselves to anything they pleased. So many things appeared in the empty plates – roast beef, roast chicken, mashed potatoes, sausages; anything you can name. Sana’s mouth watered at the sight. Don’t get her started on the dessert. What a feast!

The tables were dismissed to head to their dorms. Hufflepuff and Gryffindor departed first, followed by Slytherin and Ravenclaw. It seemed like Sana’s robes were a little too long for her. Her foot caught into her robe while she was walking and it sent her flying down to the ground. She pouted at her own clumsiness before realising she hadn’t actually hit the floor. She slightly opened one eye and almost fainted when she saw Tzuyu smirking at her below her.

“That’s twice in one day already love.” Tzuyu teased as Sana stood up, blushing in embarrassment.

“Sorry.” Sana muttered under her breath.

She for sure had to change her clumsy self. Maybe she should try out for Quidditch when the tryouts begin the following year since first years aren’t allowed to join.

“What will it be this time?” Tzuyu asked.

“I’ll help you with your homework?” Sana suggested.

Tzuyu nodded in agreement. There was one thing she hated about school and that was homework. She always left it till last. Maybe having someone else help her would improve her working habits.

“Get some sleep, yeah? First day is tomorrow and I’ll meet you outside of your dorm.” Tzuyu said, leaving without receiving a response from Sana.


The third time she fell was in a Quidditch match

Sana and Tzuyu had known each other for two years officially. Somewhere though the past year, the two had become inseparable; even deciding to try out for Quidditch together. Tzuyu teased Sana non-stop about how a clumsy person can even suggest to join the team but Sana just held her thoughts strong. She really wanted to join the team – just to wipe the smirk off Tzuyu’s face.

Even though their try outs were at different times, they had both found a way to sneak in and watch each other’s attempts. Sana had to stifle a giggle when Tzuyu tried to lift her broom up. It hit her square in the face; a result of her saying “Up” a little to demandingly.

Tzuyu wowed Sana immediately as she showcased her skills as soon as she got on her broomstick though. She weaved through the air with precise movements and sped through the course, catching the Snitch with ease due to her long hands. She received a round of applause from the spectators but Tzuyu's gaze was looking for Sana. Sana mouthed a simple ‘wow’ at the girl’s talents and gave her two thumbs up, seeing Tzuyu give her a toothy grin before she snuck back to her own house tryouts.

Sana also aimed for the Seeker position in her team. She knew for sure she couldn’t handle being a Keeper or Beater. She could possibly be a Chaser or a Seeker. In her heart though, she really wanted to be a Seeker – simply because it wasn’t so threatening as the other positions. She found Tzuyu with ease as she moved up in the line to go next. The girl had mouthed her a quick good luck and Sana couldn’t be happier that she was present as a spectator. It made her comfortable.

Sana commanded her broomstick softly, already knowing the repercussions after seeing Tzuyu. She hopped onto the broom and displayed the skills she had to offer. It gave her a rush of adrenaline and excitement. She knew she made the right choice by going for the tryouts.

When she landed back on the ground, everyone stared at her with their mouths hanging open – scaring the hell of out Sana. Turned out it was meant to be a positive reaction – Sana got the position as Seeker. She smirked at Tzuyu who looked just as stunned as everyone else. That teasing smirk of Tzuyu's wouldn’t be present any longer.

Sana wished her first match wasn’t against Slytherin. That meant she had to verse Tzuyu. She wasn’t afraid that Tzuyu was too good – she was just nervous. The nervousness must’ve affected her a lot more than she expected since she didn’t notice a Bludger coming right for her, knocking her out with a loud thump.

She woke up in the infirmary and a nasty pain shooting up her elbow. What the hell was that pain?

“It’s the Skele-gro finally being useful. It will take a while, but your bones will grow back. Why do I have to deal with this again?” The nurse said.

“Hey, you. Thought you’d like some proper food from the Hall.” A familiar voice said, walking towards me.

“What happened Tzuyu?” Sana asked.

“Well, the Bludger that hit you broke the bones in your arm. Someone tried to repair your bones but made them disappear instead. You lost your balance from your broomstick but I caught you before you hit the grass.” Tzuyu explained.

Sana whined, “What is it this time?”

Tzuyu smiled, it was nice knowing Sana knew how it went when she saved her.

“Let’s go to Hogsmeade together?” Tzuyu suggested, making Sana blush.

Sana asked herself how the hell Tzuyu made her blush so easily; scratch that - more like why.


The fourth time she fell was in the corridors of the school.

Sana knew all about Tzuyu’s evil habits – especially the fact that she snuck out to go to Hogsmeade in the middle of the night. As much as she tried to avoid the trouble that came with her best friend, she always ended up being tangled in her mess. Maybe the reason Tzuyu never got into trouble by the Headmaster was because he saw himself in her – full of tricks and pranks. There was the one time that Tzuyu had put a love potion in a Pumpkin Pasty and handed it to one of the teachers, consequently making a fellow teacher flustered and blushing. Another time, she set off firecrackers in the Quidditch field and even that time she casted a voice changing spell on one of her fellow classmates – the person had taken two months to get their normal voice back.

Somehow Sana was always around Tzuyu during all these events, not understanding how the girl never changed. Despite her evil and pranking nature, she always aced her exams and practical work. It always left Sana astounded. At the beginning, Tzuyu had asked Sana for help with her homework but now Sana was the one who needed the help from her best friend. It was hard keeping up with their homework and dealing with playing Quidditch and the practice lessons. Just how did Tzuyu handle it all so well while still having time to muck around and enjoy herself?

Tzuyu always stated that she played pranks and tricks on people for a reason. She put the love potion in the Pumpkin Pasty so the teacher could finally confess, she set off the firecrackers because it was a celebration for Ravenclaw who won the Quidditch Cup and she casted the voice changing spell for a reason she said she couldn’t tell me. Knowing Tzuyu, it was probably because the student had bullied someone else or said things that hurt someone’s feelings.

Despite her pranking nature and her evil facade, Sana knew that Tzuyu was an amazing person. She was kind and caring and the most honest soul she ever knew. She questioned how the hell the girl had even ended up in Slytherin. Everyone thought she was cold and mean but she was completely the opposite. You just had to know her first. Maybe that’s why she was in Slytherin – she fooled everyone. But Sana truly appreciated the fact that she could proudly say she knew Tzuyu the best out of everyone in the school.

She was so deep in thought that she didn’t realise that the source of her thoughts was being chased by a prefect of another house. Jihyo Granger was chasing Tzuyu down the corridors of the school. Sana groaned as she felt a hard impact on her shoulders, sending her tumbling down once again.

Her saviour smirked at her from below her.

“Nice to see you here again, love.” Tzuyu teased, making Sana blush.

Jihyo’s booming voice was becoming clearer and louder and both Sana and Tzuyu jumped up and hid in one of the classes.

“What did you do this time?” Sana whispered harshly as she saw Jihyo’s figure pass the classroom they were in.

“I threw a stink bomb in the prefect bathrooms.” Tzuyu replied proudly.

Sana whacked the back of Tzuyu’s head, “Why the hell are you still doing this stuff?”

Tzuyu rubbed her head with a pout, “I don’t get that much time to see you anymore so I have to entertain myself in other ways.”

“Alright – what do you want?” Sana asked.

“Can we just hang out? You’ve been studying so much that the most I’ve seen of you is the back of your head!” Tzuyu snickered.


A/N: I was tempted to split it into five different chapters but I decided on just splitting it into two!

Hope you liked the chapter!

I'll update the next one soon!