Lee Hongbin

SIX but ONE

- A handsome Librarian -

He let out his fatigue on the chair. Too much works need to be done today before he came home. Working as librarian at this school’s library is hard. That’s what he think when his friend help him to get this job.

“Tired?” His friend who was sitting beside him at the counter asks.

“Humm” He nodded and humming to answer him.

“Too many books need to be labeled and organized at that section. You know what, I almost make mistakes. I put the wrong books at the wrong section.” Hongbin let out groan.

“Relax, I know it’s hard sometimes. But you will get used to it. Hey, let’s have breakfast. I haven’t eat anything since this morning..”

Hongbin nodded. They clear the counter and asked other librarian to look for it while they are out for a while.

“I need to go to toilet. Wait me at the café” Hongbin run towards the toilet that is not far away from the library.

The more he approaches the toilet, the more he heard noises from inside. He frowned. Just what happen in there though? He takes slow breath and opens the door slowly. He gets in and saw a group of students with serious looks and a poor skinny boy lying on the floor while begging to let him go. He turns his gaze at the tall boy that grabbing the collar of that student and ready to punch him. Hongbin gasp.

“What are guys doing here?” His stern voice heard making all the boys stop for whatever things they did and turns their face at him.

“Let him go!”

Honestly, Hongbin is nervous because he never encountered such as bullying situation. He afraid that those gangs would beat him up. But he needs to stop them, from doing that bad thing. For sure, they need to respect him as he is older than them. He swallows his saliva when that tall boy standing and put his hand on his waist looking like a leader.

“I didn’t know we have a hero in this school? What a nonsense.. Hahahaha..” He started to laugh, so do his friends.

“Kids, better you guys stop or I will report this to your teacher” Hongbin warn.

“Who are you? You’re not a teacher or students right?” that tall boy ask him.

One of the boy who look a little bit chubby whisper something to him. He nodded.

“Ahh,so you are the new librarian here?”

“Sorry that I didn’t know and I rarely go to library. But hyungnim, if you got nothing to do, get out from here. I don’t need anyone else to interfere my business..” the boy scoffed.

Hongbin approach them despite that tall boy giving him a warning. He helps the bullied boy to get up.

“Are you okay?”

That poor boy nodded and he still sobbing.

“Let’s go” Hongbin grabs his hand to get out from the toilet.

“YAH! Are you deaf? I said get out of here..I didn’t finish with him yet” That tall boy yells and pushes Hongbin from the back. Hongbin grit his teeth and stare at him back. This boy is so rude. He doesn’t have manner at all. ‘Han Sanghyuk’, he saw the nametag.

“Han Sanghyuk-shi, I think I had enough of this. I will remember your face and your name. If I saw you doing something stupid like this, I won’t hesitate to report you to your principal.” Hongbin raise his voice.

Sanghyuk curl his hand and grip it.  He really wanting to punch Hongbin but he decided to let it go when he heard the rings bell showing that break time is over. He leaves the toilet immediately followed by his friends.

:

“What took you so long at the toilet?” his friend asked while munching the toast.

“Unexpected things happen..” shortly he answer it.

“What?”

“I saw some gangs bullying a student. I try to help” Hongbin sips his green tea while lean on the chair. He glad that they didn’t punch on his face.

“Really though, kids nowadays are so scary. They don’t even respect elders and always doing bad things. Bullying, drinking and even smoking. I think they did this because they feel superior” His friend nagging.

“Hongbin-ah, how’s your father? Is he okay now?”

“Still the same. Doctor said he really needs to get his surgery, but he doesn’t want” Hongbin sighed.

Thinking about his father really makes him sad. Hongbin can’t help much with the illness. He’s being diagnosed to have diabetes not long time ago and now he can’t even walk properly. His father needs to quit his job and got treatment. His family are now lean much on Hongbin as he’s the only son they had. With her first sister getting married and moved to America, he can’t ask much from her. Same goes to her second sister, fly everywhere around the world because of her job as stewardess. The last sister he had is still studying for her master and she really leans on him much and that their montly expenses are all on him. Literally he did so many jobs in one day to support his family.

“Hongbin! Did you hear me?”

He startled when his friend taps his hand.

“What is it?” Hongbin asked with his confused face.

“Look what did I have for you”

He took out a look alike ticket and handing it to Hongbin. Hongbin rounded his eyes. He can’t believe this. He look at his friend who is smiling widely to him.

“What is this?” he asked.

“Can’t you read? Park  Hyoshin’s Concert ticket. My sister gave this to me because she’s involving with the production team. They give it for free”

“oh my God! So you give this to me?” Hongbin ask again.

“Of course. You like him right? This is exclusive for you. I hope you don’t die when you see him live later. Hahaha”

Hongbin finally can smile as wide as he can until his dimple was seen. He can’t be happier than this. He finally can meet his idol for real.