Long Night

SIX but ONE

He had nowhere to go, but his legs just bring him back to his house. The big bungalow that has witnesses his sorrow, sadness, and dark past of himself. The house that always makes him feels lonely even though there are maids and driver living together. He is staying still without moving in front of the gate which is tightly close. Doesn’t know how to react, he just keep standing there doing nothing. 30 minutes later, the loud sound from a car pushing the horn startled him. He moved aside to let the car entering the garage. Without waiting, he starts to walk off until a soft voice calling him.

“Son..”

That sound so sad in his ear that he turn his head and a pretty face of his mother were seen. His mom obviously started to cry when she saw her one and only son right in front of her.

“My son..Where have you been?” Mom quickly approach and hugging him tightly.

“I miss you so much.. Why did you leave me?” Her sobbing is started to get heavy.

“We don’t have son like him!” A firm voice heard not too far from the gate.

Hyuk look up at his father who seems to not please at the sight of him.

“Why did you coming back here? I thought you leave for good..Such an ungrateful son..thoughtless..nothing good come from you…!” his father keep spitting words.

Hyuk keep his distance with mom when his father just grab her hand and asked her to go inside.

“Honey..Please..let me talk to our son..Don’t be like this..” She’s begging but just got drag by her husband into the house.

“Dad… Please don’t hurt mom…  I’m begging you..” Hyuk plead when he saw mom tears.

“Who are you to asked me like that?! Go away. I don’t need you anymore. We all don’t. This family is fine without you,, Go!” Father doesn’t showed empathy but fierce.

“Dad..I just wanted to apologize. I know I am wrong…But…”

He can’t even finish his word, but his cheek suddenly feel sting. It’s hurt. Hyuk caress the cheek just after got slap by the big hand of his father. His lips are bleeding a little bit.

“I said go! I don’t want to hear any excuses from you. For me, you’re already dead. I don’t have a son! I ashamed of you! Go!”

“Hyuk-ah..My son..Don’t go..Don’t leave mom again”

He heard that voice inside the house,but he couldn’t coax her or even near her.

‘Sorry mom.. You don’t deserve a bad son like me. A bad son  that just bring shamed to the family’

He keeps wiping his tears that stray down to his cheek nonstop. Leaving the house behind. He feels hopeless. He feels alone. He feel sad.

‘No one love me.. No one..”

 

“What’s bothering you, maknae? What happen to you?”

Hakyeon softly wipe Hyuk tears away when he saw the maknae look so distract even while sleeping. It’s been an hour since him coming back to dorm that everyone is panic looking at his condition. Luckily, his body temperature is normal and he just lack of sleep and have empty stomach. That’s what the doctor said when he come to check earlier. Hakyeon caress that brownish hair and keep staring at the baby face of Hyuk who is sleeping soundly even though he just crying in sleep. ‘Must be having a nightmare’, he thought.

“hyung, how’s Hyuk? Is he okay?” Jaehwan asked when he saw Hakyeon already leaving the room.

“I guess.. Something bothering him. But he still sleeping.”

Everyone who presences there nodded and pray for Hyuk to be okay when he wakes up later.

“Shik, can I count on you? Make sure Hyuk didn’t go anywhere again this time. If you feel something fishy, call me immediately..” Hakyeon demand to Wonshik.

“Alright hyung.. I will”

“Okay. It’s already near 2am.. You guys can go to sleep. I know you are tired today..”

They leave to their room without any noise. There’s Hongbin who just blink in the darkness of the room. Somehow, he can’t sleep. He feels suffocated.

 

He woke up from the bed and scanning the whole room. ‘Since when I am back here?’ He wonders. He turns to the bed beside and saw Wonshik sleeping tightly with blanket covering half of the body.

Are you running out from the dorm just to get punch again? Who did you fought with this time? Clubbers? Gangster”

That voice suddenly coming into his head. Yes, he remember It now. After his father chase him out from the house, he doesn’t think much and just decided to return to the dorm, simply because he had nowhere to go. Though, he got tons of friends out there, Hyuk sure that none of them willingly to help him. They just love sticking to him because of money. That kind of friend he really hate to have, but had to.

‘Hyung must be mad at me.. I am sure..’

‘What if they going to chase me out of here tomorrow?’

Thinking about it, make him feel nervous inside. Hyuk get off the bed quietly and heading to the kitchen. Suddenly he craves for something. To think that he doesn’t eat for 1 day makes his body feels numb and weak. Hyuk grab a glass and pour the milk into it and drank to relieve his sick stomach. He opens the fridge to search for a little bit food, but none come to his eyes.

“What are you doing?”

Hyuk turn to the voice that greets him near the fridge. He’s taken aback when he saw Hongbin standing near him. Both of them are looking at each other without word and let time pass by without them notice.