Return

SIX but ONE

“Hyung..”

Hongbin hesitantly approach Hakyeon who is sitting down outside the practice room. He is thinking to asking forgiveness from Hakyeon after what’s happening yesterday. He feels responsible to make things worse and awkward between them. He sit down on the chair opposite Hakyeon who seems doesn’t notice his presence as he’s listening to songs while using headphone. Softly, Hongbin touch Hakyeon hand and startled him out.

“Hongbin.. You scared me..” Hakyeon pull out the headphone and put it on the table.

“Sorry hyung..I didn’t mean to. I called you earlier, but you didn’t hear me..” Hongbin apologized immediately scared that Hakyeon would getting mad at him even more.

“It’s okay. Have you got your lunch yet? You didn’t join us earlier..” Hakyeon asking, concern.

Hongbin nodded. Wonshik already passed his lunch box not too long ago when he decided to not joining the rest for lunch. He feels distracted with the thought of missing Hyuk and angry Hakyeon. Looking at Hakyeon who is in good mood right now, he bet this is the time to apologize.

“Hyung… I’m…”

“What is it?”

“I’m sorry.. For everything.. I shouldn’t fight with Hyuk yesterday. I’m sorry..” He lowers his gaze as he afraid Hakyeon going to raise his voice like yesterday.  

 There’s no respond from Hakyeon as he didn’t expect Hongbin will come to him and seeking apologize from him as fast as this.

“I know you are still mad at me. But I can’t stop thinking of how awkward we are after what happen.. I hate this feeling. After all, Hyuk is still missing and no news of him.”

“You actually care of him?” Hakyeon ask in his soft voice.

Hongbin nodded. Although he hates the fact that Hyuk accusing him for something he didn’t commit, he admit it that he care of the maknae. He doesn’t want anything bad happen to him when he’s out there alone especially he is still underage kid.

“Now, can I know what actually happen between you two? Tell me everything. I need to know.” Hakyeon looking straight into Hongbin eyes.

 

It’s already pass 11pm, the members are all getting ready to go back to the dorm. They are too worn out to even talks and just heading out of practice room together. Taekwoon stop when he saw Hakyeon aren’t moving from his sit on the sofa.

“Stay?” A simple question but enough to caught Hakyeon.

“Yup.. I will be back after this..” Hakyeon answer.

“Okay.. Be careful..”

Taekwoon leave with the dongsaeng leaving Hakyeon behind. He knows that friend is having a conflict with himself regarding Hyuk and Hongbin. Though he just heard that Hongbin already reconcile with Hakyeon, he knows that he still worried over missing Hyuk. Everyone is worry, but no one even dare to speak up as they scared of Hakyeon.

It’s almost 12am kst and Hakyeon doesn’t even do anything or even moving from the sofa since then, he finally just decide to  headed to the dorm although his heart reluctantly to it. As he walking in the hallway of their dorm, his eyes caught a tall boy squat down and hugging his knees, buried his face on. The boy looks so helpless. By judging from his shirt, Hakyeon know it’s him. Definitely him. That was the shirt he wore the day he fought with Hongbin. Hakyeon keeps walking as he reach in front of the dorm, facing the boy. Notice that someone approach him, Hyuk look up and found it’s Hakyeon. The one who he doesn’t even want to and expecting to meet. Hakyeon frown and about to mad but Hyuk immediately stand up and look straight into his eyes. Hakyeon scanning that face, he senses something isn’t right.

“That cut on your lips. I don’t think I see it when you fought with Hongbin. The blood is still fresh.” Hakyeon scoffed.

“Are you running out from the dorm just to get punch again? Who did you fought with this time? Clubbers? Gangster?”

Hakyeon can’t even control his anger when he thought about the possibility. Really, looking at Hyuk condition right now, he really wanted to yell and slap this kid. Hyuk eyes started to get teary as Hakyeon mention the word “fought” like he did hurting his lips, but he isn’t fought with anyone like what Hakyeon accused. He got slap. He doesn’t even ask for a slap, but he got one. He tried to defend himself but his pale lips don’t even want to move like it zipped tightly.

“Why did you return back? I thought you didn’t like to stay here anymore..” Hakyeon sound sarcastically.

“I’m…..” Hyuk stutters. He feels the shiver all of his body.

‘Hyung… I’m tired. Can you please let me sleep before you scolded me? Just let me sleep even for 5 minutes. I am really tired to even answering you’

Unfortunately that voice is stuck in his head, Hyuk suddenly collapse on Hakyeon shoulder. Hakyeon was taken aback when Hyuk head fall on his shoulder. He keeps calling the maknae, but no respond. He's panic.