Chapter 17

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

It's been awhile, and just the usual, still busy so I wasn't able to update. And if I have time, I am so hooked by Bigbang, EXO and Superjunior (yeah I know I've discovered them too late) and with Dara Park too since she was shipped with a member of each of the 3 groups. That's why it's kinda hard to find inspiration to write about Running Man. But don't worry, I like Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo still so I'll try my best to write as much as I could. Anyway thanks for reading and I hope you will comment or vote. 

Here's an update for you guys. Enjoy....

 

 

CHAPTER 17

 

Kwang Soo woke up early the next day. He slept so late but after his talk with Ji Hyo on the phone, he felt himself invigorated. 

 

He is humming to himself occasionally whistling to his favorite tune. 

 

"Ah I've never felt this light since I've confess to Ji Hyo." He thought while eating his breakfast. His mother is looking at him strangely from time to time.

"Where's dad?"

"He left very early this morning. He didn't really want to leave you but there is an important meeting he can't reschedule in Shanghai." 

 

It was Saturday and tomorrow he will be discharge. He misses his bed. Although he was in a  suite room, it was never comfortable here. 

 

"Joong Ki went with your dad by the way, since it's weekend, he said since you are okay, he'll visit his parents and be back on monday." 

 

He was taken aback. How could Joong Ki leave Ji Hyo now. She is vulnerable at the moment eventhough she tried to look strong. He knows Ji Hyo is blaming herself for what happened to him, but it never occured to him to blame her. It was his fault for not thinking straight. 

 

He felt very concerned when he saw her the first time he woke up. She was thinner and pale. She had dark circles on her eyes but otherwise still beautiful. He wants to carry her to her room and tuck her in just like the times when she wouldn't rest when she was sick.

 

How could a girl be so strong and so delicate at the same time. She is unique and wish she were his. He could sense a tension between her and Joong Ki. A part of him is happy but he doesn't want to be the reason for their unhappiness. He doesn't want them to be sorry for him that their relationship would suffer. No, as much as he loves Ji Hyo, he wouldn't be that selfish to wish them to quarrel.

 

"I can't help but notice you are in such a good mood. Do you want to share with me why you have this goofy grin on your face?" He didn't notice his mom was observing him. He hesitated at first but he respects his mom's insight so he told her everything even the accident.

"Oh Kwang Soo, I didn't know that was the reason you had an accident." She hugs him briefly.

"Don't be mad at Ji Hyo, mom."

"I'm not mad, I'm mad at you. What were you thinking,  driving when you were so emotional. You think you were in kdrama?" 

 

He smiled to himself. There goes his mom and her favorite kdramas. She may be one of the richest woman but she finds time to watch her favorite dramas.

 

"I know mom and I'm sorry. I won't ever do that again."

 

Before they could talk more about what he told her mom, there was a light knock on the door. He looks at the clock and saw that it was 11am already. His mother opens the door and he felt a wide smile forms in his mouth. The room suddenly becomes brighter when Ji Hyo enters. She was wearing a simple jersey dress and sneakers but he felt she is the most beautiful girl in the world.

 

"Good morning auntie. How have you been?" All his friends call each other's parents auntie and uncle since the families are close. He saw Ji Hyo gives his mom a kiss on her cheek and then her mom excuse herself before giving him a covert wink. Ji Hyo sits beside his bed and give him a peck on his cheek.

 

"Hey, I hope I didn't disturb you. I have nothing to do at home so I decided to visit early since you'll be home tomorrow." 

"My mom and I were just talking. Anyway, I really am excited to go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter