Bond

Standing Still

Several days passed after Jongkook discharged from hospital. Fortunately, nothing happened since then. Jongkook didn’t receive any weird letter and Jihyo didn’t get hurt, not with Jongkook by her side almost every time. They finally told the rest of the Running Man members about the situation they both in. Jaesuk shouted “YOU WHAT?!”, Sukjin almost got heart attack, and the rest members could only freeze. Kwangsoo deeply worried about them. Gary seemed confused and disbelief. He can’t truly belief that someone could wish over other’s misfortune and even hurt others. Quite contrary, Haha sulked because his closest friend Jongkook didn’t even tell him something this serious. It took Jongkook several times apologizing to the newly married man until Haha forgave him.

It felt relieving, for both Jongkook and Jihyo to able to tell the rest members about the threat. They encouraged them, accompany them almost everywhere to make sure their safety. They’re indeed great friends someone ever wishes for. Sukjin offered them few bodyguards and Jaesuk told them to take this seriously and brought it to law. Jihyo and Jongkook eventually agreed after discussed it and decided to keep it from their managers and agency. They both knew if they told their agency, they will be free of any schedule they had and guards will be all over. It will lure the culprit to do even more extremes and Jongkook didn’t want that. So they secretly went to private detective whom is Gary’s relative. The detective was now in the middle of investigated the case secretly.

Overall, Jongkook glad they were in this together, both he and Jihyo. He can’t imagine putting the actress under this kind of situation alone, with all the pressure. He also glad he isn’t alone in this, since he probably would crazily worry over the actress’s safety. Now they really become strength to each other. Along with supports from the members, Jongkook felt at ease. He’s not alone, they’re not alone. It’s not the same with the situation he was back in Turbo era.

Their relationship slowly shifted into something more… intimate. Jongkook didn’t know other word to explain. It’s quite weird. They spent most of time together, be it to work or just for the sake of spending time together. Jihyo even visited his apartment few times already, quickly became a good friend with his mother. Sometimes they talked about the case, sometimes they just fooling around. Sometimes they will secretly meet the personal detective to know about how the investigation going. Another time, they will spend the night over at Kwangsoo’s house. Jongkook even met with Jihyo’s mother twice now. The old lady invited him to join their diner after Jongkook drove Jihyo home. The old lady didn’t know the situation they were in, but when Jongkook went to leave the apartment, she told him to take care of Jihyo, which he intended to fulfill at any cost.

“Oppa? It’s rare to see you quiet.” Jongkook snapped from his thought to look at Jihyo right in the eyes. Wrong move since she was actually only an inch apart.

Her eyes are bold with thick eyeliner and dark shadow, her skin is fair white, and her lips are red. Jongkook found it’s hard to breathe. She’s perfection. Jihyo tilted her head in confuse, her ebony wavy hair fell to her shoulder. She called him again. Jongkook cleared his throat and tried not to stare at her.

“I’m just thinking.”

“What is it?” she pestered.

About us, Jongkook thought but he bit his tongue and just gave the woman sheepish smile. “Nothing important,” he replied.

Instead, Jongkook took the time to marvel about how beautiful the actress in full make-up. It stole Jongkook’s breath away. It’s hard enough to look at her without make up every day, but now that she’s absolutely stunning, Jongkook can’t even look away.

Then Jongkook extended his hand for the actress to take. Jihyo took the extended hand without even slight hesitation. Little did she knew, her little gestured soothed Jongkook, sent spark down to his heart. She rested her hand on the crook between Jongkook’s upper and lower arm, allowed the singer to her walked the red carpet. The Running Man casts were invited to attend the yearly award. They were nominated under the category best variety show over the year.

Just like every year that passed, they all dressed up according to the formal event. It means no sneaker and sweater. The men walked down with suit, while the only woman wore a beautiful golden gown. Jihyo wore matching stiletto for her attire. And exactly the same with all those years, it made her hard to walk, let alone on the carpet.

She was really relief Jongkook lend her a help. She can’t walk fast enough to match the others with her heels without help. Jongkook guided her to the escalator and occasionally looked over to make sure she was alright. Jihyo bunched some of her dress with her other hand, so she could walk better. She sent Jongkook a thank you smile.

The singer smiled back at her and guided her to their reserved seat. They all sat circled the circle table that covered with white tablecloth. Jihyo various flowers that lied beautifully on top. She smiled at the cute sweetness. The singer watched her for a while before looked around. Their table was set near other comedians and singers. Jongkook almost knew all of the comedians who sat on the table on his right. He turned to his right and saw bunch of idol that chat one with another. Once of them caught his eyes and bowed slightly as he is senior. Jongkook smiled at him and turned to look to the stage in front.

It’s now became his habit to watch his surrounding attentively. Only after that he could feel safe. After the threat, he can’t really relax, not with Jihyo’s safety on the line. His thought once again being cut off by the soft pat on his shoulder. He turned to see Kwangsoo smiled, told him to relax a bit. That’s how it’s going after they told them about the threat. All members support them. Haha, Gary, and Kwangsoo even accompany Jihyo everywhere, realized how important it is to watch over her. Jongkook felt relief, knowing there’s someone with her anytime.

His wandered eyes landed once again at the pretty actress. Jihyo noticed his stare and stared back at him, smiled while questioning his antic. Jongkook averted his eyes away, felt slightly guilty. He shouldn’t think about that, he really shouldn’t.

They’ve became gradually closer nowadays. Jongkook would lie if he said it’s not affected him. It’s created havoc in his heart whenever Jihyo brushed her hand with his. It’s turned his world upside down whenever they were together. The amount of time they spent together didn’t make things easier for him. There are several times already when the confession lingered on his lips, ready to spill out. Each time passed he became reckless, unsatisfied.

He can’t.

It’s not the proper moment to do that. Jihyo is in the middle of danger. It’s inappropriate to think about them when he should focus on her safety. Jongkook ashamed he could think about it despite the situation. Jihyo is in the vulnerable state and it’s not right to take advantage of it or so did Jongkook thought. Yet he can’t really help but enjoyed being with her, felt the love growing stronger each time passed. He sighed and watched the performance that being held at the stage in front of him.

Unknown to him, Jihyo caught his sighed, wondered what exactly he had been thinking. She noticed lately Jongkook had the same look. It’s as if he wanted to tell her something important but held back and decided to keep it to himself at the end. It’s really became his habit to keep things to himself, an annoying one according to Jihyo. She wondered if he hid something big again, and it made her worried. She placed her hand on top of his. Jihyo did that a lot lately. She felt safe knowing the singer was always near. Almost immediately, Jongkook looked at her.

Jihyo smiled at him, hoped he would understand that her smile means that she offered a comfort whenever the singer need. Jongkook covered her hand with his other hand, caressed it slightly. It his own way to reassure the actress he was there, a way to comfort her. They’ve done that a lot lately, exchanging comfort and assuring each other. Sometimes there’s no need for word. Sometimes their hands just entangled and shared warmness between them.

The actress noticed what they had is growing intimate, both physical and emotional. What she had with Jongkook even stronger than any bond she had before. Jihyo didn’t even feel strongly connected like this with her previous boyfriends. She had never experience anything like this. But what does it called? A relationship as strong like this, what people called it? Jihyo didn’t label this newly formed bond with Jongkook. She didn’t give it a name. She let it flow and growing naturally between them. Jihyo did think that they both didn’t ready to name it yet.

After few performances, finally it’s time to announce about the best variety show of the year. Actually, without slightest bit of hesitation, Jongkook knew Running Man would win. They have a good rating and enough popularity, even from overseas. Sure enough, the MCs called out Running Man as the winner of the variety show. All the casts went to the stage to present flower and gave a hug to the PDs and all crews. Jongkook chuckled when Jihyo and Kwangsoo bounced cheerfully just like a kid. She grinned cheekily at him in return. As he watched those eyes squinted when she smiled, Jongkook thought that he would be able to enjoy this night.

Unfortunately he was too quick to reach that conclusion.

Just when he went up to the stage second time, to receive his trophy for winning best variety show presence, the slight disaster happened. Jongkook was in the middle of speech when on the corner of his eyes he saw all Running Man casts walked up to the stage to fill him with flowers. His eyes of course followed the actress when she graciously took each step near him. She looked down, watching her feet so she won’t trip. One of her hand carried a big bouquet of flowers while the other held onto her gown. She engrossed in watch her step that she didn’t notice someone ran passed her, bumped her shoulder harshly, knocked her off balance.

“Hyung! Congratulations!” claimed the man, now cling onto Jongkook, prevented him to move away from the podium. That man was none other than Taeho.

Jongkook held his breath even though he saw Jihyo being held by both Gary and Kwangsoo. Fortunately the two men were near and had a quick reflex to catch her once she stumbled.

“Are you okay?” Jongkook could hear Gary asked her.

Jihyo nodded and hummed her answer. But then she looked up and her eyes met Jongkook’s. The singer immediately picked the slight fear dimmed in her eyes. It’s a good thing that Taeho already let go of him and they were in public. Jongkook despite his image, never resort for physical act, but just now, he swore he will gladly land a punch or two to that face.

“Ya! That could be dangerous!” Haha exclaimed to Taeho that pretended like nothing happened. “Why did you do that?” Haha stood near the podium so the microphone caught his voice.

Taeho went to the podium to make sure audience heard his voice. “Oops, I’m sorry. I’m too excited since Jongkook hyung is my role model,” he said stupidly, earned a little chuckle from the crowd.

Jongkook ignored him, and took one step closer to the actress now that she was on the stage next to him. He extended his hand for her to take, ignored some of the bouquet slipped pass his grasp and fell down.

“Are you okay?” he murmured the question only for her to hear.

She nodded and delivered her flowers nonetheless. Jihyo urged him to take the podium and continued his speech. Jongkook continued once all the members gathered around them. For the world to see, it looked like they gathered to celebrate an award Jongkook received. For them, they all created barrier between Jihyo and any threat, protected her around.

“Thank you for all my fans and the entire viewer. I’m going to work harder and do my best in the next year to deliver a good show for all of you. Thank you very much,” the singer ended his speech, bowed down to the audience. Clapped soon filled the room.

They went down the stage together. Jongkook escorted Jihyo the entire way, make sure she was safe from every kind of sick joke. On the corner of his eyes he could see Taeho took the other stairs to go off the stage and slipped past the exit door on the back. The singer guided Jihyo to place her hand on his arm for support. Jaesuk was on her other side, hand on her back to guide. The rest took place in front or at the back, walked together.

Once Jihyo was sat on her seat, Jongkook let go of her hand to hunt Taeho. He needed an answer. Right now, Taeho is the only person in Jongkook eyes that potentially the culprit of threat that Jongkook received. Now when he thought about his antic back than in Running Man, it all made sense. He was about to walk away to search for the man when a gentle hand tugged on his wrist.

 Jongkook turned to look eye to eye with Jihyo herself. Her eyes widened. “Oppa, where are you going?” she half-whispered.

“I’m going to look for him.”

“No, stay here!” she said frantic. “It’s dangerous. We don’t know what he ups to.”

The singer covered her hand in assuring manner, patted it lightly. “It’s okay. I can take care of myself.” Then he gently shook her hand away.

Jihyo could only watch when Jongkook walked, almost stride, toward the exit. “I’ll go with him,” Haha announced to the group that silently watched the exchange. Jaesuk nodded. “Be careful,” he said. Haha caught up with Jongkook and soon both of them disappear to look for Taeho.

“Hyung let’s go together,” Haha called for the older. Jongkook’s slowing his step for Haha to catch up with him.

By all means, Jongkook didn’t want to involve anyone in this mess up situation. Yet Jihyo needed every protection she could get and it did feel good to have someone with him. “Thanks Donghoon,” Jongkook said sincerely, which Haha shrugged by the careless wave of his hand.

They went to the corridor but there’s none beside the security guards and staff wandered here and there to support the event inside. Haha went closer to the rail to scan the room better, upward and down. Taeho was nowhere inside.

“He’s not here,” Haha said after several minutes of searching. They took the elevator to the ground floor, right in front of the entrance. “Do you think he’s still in the building?”

Jongkook scanned the surrounding once again and shook his head. He didn’t see any sight of Taeho and the building is too huge for only two of them to look for someone. “Let’s just go back,” Jongkook told the latter, restless when Jihyo was out of his sight.

So they went back and slipped on to their seat. “Did you find him?” Sukjin asked them. Both Jongkook and Haha shook their head. “He’s nowhere in sight.”

“Hyung, do you think he’s the one behind all of this?” Kwangsoo asked.

All pair of eyes latched on Jongkook, waited for his answer. “I can’t think about anyone but him,” he replied.

Jaesuk nodded, as if it was a good enough answer. “Think about it, he’s violent toward Jihyo the last time he visited Running Man,” Gary put his two cents.

“What should we do?”

“I think you should inform the detective. He could investigate Taeho for us,” said Jaesuk.

 Both Jongkook and Jihyo nodded.

None of them enjoyed the event after the incident. They just stayed there to pretend like nothing happened. Mostly they were discussing about what to do. Detective Jung already informed about the situation and he immediately ran a background check for Taeho. But he hadn’t come up with something noteworthy. Jihyo can’t help but felt anxious, fingers endlessly tapped her tight to channel her anxiety. She stopped once Jongkook grasped her hand, engulfed it with warmness from his own hand, and reassured her all over again.

When the event finally ended, the group sighed in relief. They walked together to the exit door along with hundreds of guest. Soon enough, they arrived at the entrance, ready to go home.

“Nunna, did someone pick you up?” Kwangsoo asked her.

Jihyo nodded. “I’ll go home with my manager and staff.”

Kwangsoo was about to reply when someone called the actress’s name. Jihyo spin to look at his CEO, walked toward the group.

“Oppa? What are you doing here?” Jihyo asked, much to herself.

The CEO, Baek Changjo, or was once Jihyo’s boyfriend smiled at her and the group. “I nearly going to call you,” he informed her, bowed respectfully and greeted the group. All greeted him back. Haha stealthily looked over Jongkook to see his reaction toward Jihyo’s ex-boyfriend. The singer showed no expression of discomfort. He replied the greeting and acted normal, albeit slightly distant.

“I already told your mother and your manager I will pick you up. They all already gather at your home, let’s have a little celebration after this.”

Jihyo gave her boss a puzzled look. “Celebration?”

The CEO nodded. “Of course, we should celebrate the award you get tonight,” he said, referred to Running Man award and her award as an artist who shine at variety show.

“Ah, you really don’t have to,” she tried to refuse but he had none of it.

“What are you talking about? It’s just a simple appreciation for your hard work. Your mother is waiting, come on.”

Can’t refuse, the actress finally nodded. She turned back to her family cast. “Then, I will go on first,” she informed. Her eyes focused solely on Jongkook. The singer nodded. “Text me when you arrive home,” he quietly told the actress that could be hear by all of them. There’s a glint in the CEO’s eyes when he heard those words slipped past Jongkook’s lips.

The actress nodded. The rest told her to be careful and drive safely. Kwangsoo jokingly told her not to drink too much. Jihyo pretended to hit him before went to the parking lot with the CEO.

Jongkook watched her for several moments until her car disappeared from the sight before took his leave as well. “Then, I’ll go home too,” he said to the others. They exchanged goodbyes and went to their own car.

  The singer walked to his own car with Kwangsoo, since their car parked near. He slipped into his car. Kapjin already waited for him inside.

“Congratulations for the award,” he said to his artist.

“Thanks,” he said, smiled.

“Where’s Jihyo-ssi? I thought we were supposed to take her home?” Kapjin asked, confused.

“Her CEO comes to pick her.”

Kapjin shut his mouth, knowing that the actress had a history with the CEO. It explained Jongkook’s sour mood. He shrugged, didn’t carry the conversation any longer. He drove them both to Jongkook’s apartment. At the traffic light, Jongkook’s phone went off. Kapjin glanced at the artist to see that he’s too drowning in his thought that he didn’t notice a call.

“Hey, pick it up.”

Jongkook blinked, drifted his attention to his manager whom gestured him to answer the call. He realized then someone’s calling his phone. He retrieved his phone and saw the caller ID: Detective Jung.

 

 

(lady deb)

 


Long chap for you guys!!

The is getting near. ^^

Bare with me a lil' bit more