Almost Utopia

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Emi POV

So, I thought after giving birth I’d be able to sleep again. Ha! Dumb me! Ji Yong and I haven’t properly rest for the past three months. Aeri wakes up every two or three hours to be fed and changed. Having a baby requires a lot of work… A LOT! But I won’t say that little piece of heaven doesn’t melt my heart. She’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen in my life and she looks just like her dad. Thank goodness! She only has my big, dark, round-eyes and my nose, but besides that, she’s the living image of Ji Yong.  As for Ji Yong, he doesn’t mind the sleepless hours, he loves that girl so much that he doesn’t leaves her side for too long.

Right now, we’re living in Paris. First, because I’m working on the launching of my new food-delivery service app/company. Second, because ‘G-Dragon’s baby’ garnered too much attention in Seoul, things got out of control. Paparazzis and Saseang fans tried by any means necessary to get a glimpse of our daughter. I told Ji Yong we could do a photo-shoot for a magazine to introduce Aeri to his fans, but he refused. He's kind of mad with some of his fans for all the attention we’ve received after Aeri’s birth. He says he won’t be bullied to introduce Aeri… and he won’t introduce her or release her name until she’s older.

Ji Yong and I made a deal before Aeri’s birth. He’d choose her Korean name and I’d choose her American name. Aeri means ‘love’ in Korean which I think is the sweetest meaning ever. She’s so much loved by all of us that’s only befitting for her to have that name.

As for her American name, I named her after my mother–Sofia. Ji Yong loved ‘Sofia’ too. We don’t use this name too often; We usually call her Aeri or little bear.

We’re so happy, but sometimes I feel scared that something will disrupt our Utopia.

 

I was in a meeting with developers and engineers approving the ‘Foodie’ website and app interface. ‘Foodie’ is the name of my new company.

“I don’t like this yellow color. Maybe a gray?” I closed the website and opened it again. “It’s still taking too long to load. It needs to load completely in less than two seconds. Let’s reduce the graphics in the landing page.” I had my legs crossed and I was shaking the one on-top in an attempt to calm down my anger. It’s the fourth time I tell them about the landing’s page loading time.

I glimpsed the clock on the wall. 8PM. I looked again in disbelief. “DAMMIT!” I shouted and got up of my chair. “I need to leave!” I said as I headed to the door.

“But, Emi… we need to settle this!” One of the Engineers exclaimed. We need to start testing the app before the official release, but since I haven’t been satisfied with the interface we’ve been postponing the test for the past couple of weeks.

“Don’t worry. We’ll settle everything tomorrow.” I exited the room and headed home.

I arrived to the apartment we’re renting in Saint Germain-des-Prés in the 6th Arrondissement. I knew Ji Yong would be mad.

“I’m here!” I exclaimed as I walked towards him. He was sitting on the couch, the T.V. . I pulled his head to the back and kissed his forehead.

“You did it again.” He said indifferently.

“I’m sorry. Where’s she?” I asked.

“She’s in her crib, possibly devouring her thumb since she’s probably very hungry.”

“Didn’t you give her anything?” I asked again this time with a worried tone.

“Of course! I prepared a bottle of formula and gave it to her.” He stood up. “But you know very well your daughter. She only likes your milk.”  

“That only shows she’s your daughter!” I exclaimed.  I quickly corrected my statement. “Not that you like my milk but in the way, you do love my s.” I chuckled.

Ji Yong glared at me serious and then walked towards the kitchen. “Yep! He’s mad.” I thought after he didn’t laugh of my dumb joke.

I quietly opened the door of the bedroom. I could hear the little bear making funny noises while breathing loudly. As I stood next to her crib she placed her little thumb inside and started it with strength.

“Hey sweetheart!” I smiled heartily. “Are you hungry?” I asked.

She quickly stared around looking for me. The moment she saw my face, she smiled. She raised her chubby little hands asking me to pick her up while kicking her chunky legs.

I picked her up and placed her next to my chest. “I’m so sorry, little bear. Are you starving?” I sat down on the rocking chair. I ed my shirt and pulled out my . She was her little fist while intently staring at me, which made me feel guiltier.  “Here.” I said and placed my near . She immediately grabbed my and started it like if she hasn’t been fed all day long.

 

After feeding Aeri and putting her to sleep, I walked out of the room. I knew I needed to ˙fix things with Ji.

He was in the balcony. I opene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter