Who is Next?

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Emi Haro POV

 “How are the negotiations with the broadcasting networks going?” I asked while typing on my laptop.

“The contracts with MBC and KBS were finalized yesterday. With SBS it will probably take a couple more days, but I dare to say they will agree to our terms. We’re now authorize to film the music shows and awards ceremonies from the 3 networks.” The Director of Content replied.

“Well done. Have you been in contact with YG Entertainment? We urgently need the exclusive rights for their new reality show so we can start advertising it.” I said as I raised my head. Everyone in the meeting room was avoiding making eye contact with me. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

Finally, the Director of PR–Hana, said: “Sajangnim, the thing is that it was extremely difficult to close the deals with the networks. They were expecting that you would show to some of the meetings. YG Entertainment has been emphatic that you need to personally close this deal.”

I was totally confused. “Why exactly?”

Hana looked down, cleared and proceeded to say: “When a company is relatively new, has foreign capital, and a… How should I say this? And a foreign CEO… It’s a custom that the CEO should be present in some meetings as a sign of good faith.”

 “Oh! Ok… Tell me when the next meeting is and I’ll go with the negotiating team.” I said with ease. I looked down to type on my laptop.

“There’s a pre-launching party tomorrow at YG Entertainment. It would be amazing if you can go. The directing team of the reality show will be there, directors from Mnet and TVN will also attend… And probably all the artists of the agency will be present.  Your presence in that event will do wonders to our PR.” Hana exclaimed excitedly.

My heart raced.  The “All the artists of the agency will also be present.”  phrase kept resounding in my head.

“You’re kidding right?” I exclaimed. Everyone was surprised of my choice of words. It was almost like if I’ve said a bad word. Hana was obviously shocked since I’ve never said something like this in front of them before.

Ari quickly stood up and asked everyone to leave the meeting room. “Ok, thanks to all for coming. The Sajangnim will privately discuss PR things with Director Lee.”

After everyone else left the room I said: “I’m so sorry. What I meant to say is that I can easily attend the negotiating meetings… all of them if you like… but I don’t think it will be helpful for me to go to the party.”

Hana looked at me with puppy eyes. “No, Sajangnim on the contrary. If you go to the party, you’ll be able to meet the YG negotiating team, the directing team, and the directors of the others network in a casual environment. Let me repeat myself… It… will… do… wonders… to our PR.” She concluded while placing both of her hands in her chest and started blinking fast.  Yep! You guessed right, Hana is a little bit eccentric.

I knew I was screwed. There’s no way this woman will take a no for an answer.

I sighed deeply and nodded.

“Thank you! Sajagnim! I promise you won’t regret this decision.” She happily said and then left the room.

I was leaning on my chair with my eyes closed. “Ari, call the Valentino boutique and get me a dress for this. And…” I made a long pause. “What I’m about to ask you is strictly confidential… Please find out if G-Dragon will attend this event.”

 

I was in the SUV heading to the YG Party, Ari by my side. I was wearing a little black Valentino dress. It was difficult for me to breathe, I don’t know why but I was really nervous, I was doing breathing exercises. Ari was looking at me like: WTF is happening to her.

“So, you’re sure he won’t be there.” I whispered.

“Yes Sajangnim, I found out that he’s in Japan with the Big Bang members.” She whispered back.

“Ok… Calm down dude! You’re obviously overreacting. He’s in Japan; you won’t see him… Everything will be ok…” I was saying all this in my head when suddenly the driver said: “We’re here Sajangnim.”

I looked out of the window, the YG building in front of me... And that’s when I started to panic. I was literally shaking. Ari was getting worried. “Sajangnim are you all right?” She asked.

I closed my eyes took a deep breath and somehow got my act together. “Ajusshi please open the door.” I said.

 

I entered the party.  There was a banner with the name of the show: “WIN: Who Is Next.” The first people I saw were the 2NE1 members and some other artists I didn’t recognize, a lot of teenagers, which I think were the trainees.

I proceeded to meet the YG negotiating team, some other YG staff, then the directing team of the show, and finally the directors from the networks.

Suddenly everyone stopped talking and looked towards the door. “Please don’t be here, please don’t be here.” I thought as I turned around to see who had arrived.

It was the CEO of YG–MR. Yang Hyun Suk Sajangnim. I breathe relieved.

Mr. Yang Hyun Suk started greeting the attendees.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you…” Someone whispered something in his ear. “Haro Emiliassi… You’re the CEO of Dramafy, right?” He asked.

“The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter