Buyers

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Emi POV

♫I won’t go, I’ll just wait here
Like a fool crying beside you
I don’t know why you had to hurt me
I won’t leave, I’ll keep on waiting.

I  miss you, I miss you
 

The memory of being madly in love
I find you in those memories…

I miss you, I miss you♫

After I finished singing Kim Bum Soo’s “I miss you”, I drank the whole glass of wine in one sip. “So, I’ll be single once again! Who would’ve thought that I’d married the man I love but, after a year, I’d be divorcing him.” I tried to pour more wine but the bottle was empty. “There’s no more wine.” I shouted. I think I was a little bit drunk but Gahee was totally wasted. Somehow she managed to ring for the waiter.

Someone opened the door of our private karaoke room. “Bring another bottle!” Gahee exclaimed.

The silhouette of a man walked towards me. “I think you should stop now.” Soo Hyun Oppa said. I shook my head. “You should’ve arrived earlier! Be happy for me Oppa. I’m finally getting a divorce! Remember how you and Diego have been pushing me to do it?” Soo Hyun looked down. “We only want what’s best for you.” I laughed. “I should’ve listen to you! How humiliating that he asked to be free… to get rid of me.” I looked at Gahee, we both started laughing hysterically. “Is this the 2nd time he leaves you? Or is it the 3rd?” We laughed again.

“I’m tired!” I exclaimed and hugged Soo Hyun Oppa. To be honest, I believe I was more drunk than what I thought. “Noona, can you walk?” He asked Gahee. “Of course!” She exclaimed and grabbed our purses. He stood with his back towards me. “Jump, I’ll carry you.” He said.

“Yay for piggybacks!” I laughed and jumped around before he crouched and I got on his back.

As he was carrying me, I laid my head on his shoulder. “I feel so safe when I’m with him.” I kissed his neck and fell asleep.

“Emi? Emi?” I could hear Soo Hyun Oppa calling my name.

“Yah! Emiah! Wake up!” Gahee shouted. He shushed her. “Sorry.” She whispered.

“Where are the keys?” I jumped off his back. “In my purse.” I yawned. “Why Americans don’t use digital locks?” Gahee asked, annoyed.

He finally opened the door. Gahee walked to the guest’s room without saying anything. I think she was too tired. He was standing near the front door. I walked towards him and I kissed him. I took off his jacket; As I was ing his shirt he stopped me. “What is it?” I asked. He took a very deep breath. “We’re not doing this… not like this.” I took a couple of steps away. “Why not?”

“You’re drunk…”

I interrupted him. “That has nothing to do with this. I want you.” I was a little bit shocked that he was refusing to spend the night with me.

He smirked. “You’re drunk and sad. You said he sent the papers a few days ago. If you still want to do this tomorrow when you’re sober, let’s do it.” He walked to Diego’s room, entered, and closed the door.

The next morning, I was doing the dishes. “Morning.” Oppa said.

“Hello.” I smiled to him. I was shocked, he had two bruises on his face. One on his cheek and the other on his eyebrow. “What happened to you?” I walked to where he was standing. He turned his back on me. “I had an issue with the filming of my movie.” I stood in front of him. I touched his face. “You should sue them!” I exclaimed.

“Occupational risks… remember?” He smiled.

I sighed and tried to smile. I grabbed my purse and said before heading to the front door: “I made breakfast for Gahee and you. I’m sorry about yesterday. Thanks for stopping me.” I got the courage and I looked at him. “I promised myself that I won't hurt you anymore. I love you, you know that…”

“I also know you love him more.” He interrupted me.

“Anyways, what I’m trying to say is: I don’t want to lose you. I feel like if we ever get back together, I don’t know why, but I have a feeling that it won’t end well and we’ll have to go separate ways. I don’t want that; you’ve become too important to me. You’ve been here with me helping me to get back to life after all what happened. Although, you’ve tried to deny it, I know you’ve refused to do any dramas or more movies because if you commit to a new project, you won’t be able to come to San Francisco as often. I’m very grateful towards you, Oppa.” We both smiled to each other.

 

Two weeks later, I was in a meeting with Eli, he’s Travelfy’s President and with Jia she’s Dramafy’s President. I was presenting to them the schedule of projects and developments for Fy Group this new year.

“So Fy Group is developing a new company?” Jia asked.

I nodded. “It’s a food delivery service app. I’m targeting Europe to start this new project. I think it’ll be based in London or Paris, but I’m not sure yet.” 

“Emi, I think Paris would be great. We need to strengthen Travelfy’s Europe market share. If we manage to capture it, we’ll become the 2nd largest travel company in the world. Besides, food and Paris go very well together.” Eli said while typing.

“Agreed.” I said and looked towards the slide projecting on the wall.

“Sajangnim, I’m a little bit confused. I can understand you’re focusing on Travelfy and on the new company this year, but I don’t see a lot of development regarding Dramafy, in fact the last project you scheduled for the company is in mid-June.” I haven’t told them that I’m selling it. “Jia…”

“…It’s not that I want more budget, it’s just that we’re so close of getting the 1st place that I thought this year we’d be able to achieve it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter