Life Happens

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Emi POV

“Emi, here is the Q4 revenue report for Travelfy.” Ana–My personal assistant said. I was totally focused on analyzing the viewers’ report for Dramafy.

“Thank you! Please leave it here.” I pointed to an empty space on my desk without raising my head.

“Diego wants to know if you’ll go to Los Angeles this weekend.” She said.

I looked at the pen I was holding and then played with it for some seconds. “Nope, not this weekend.” Ana left and I dived again into my report.  

I’m so proud of my team, Dramafy is now fighting the 1st place against Viki. We’ve come a long way to get where we are now. Not even in a million years, I thought we could achieve this. When Dramafy was founded, I was just a girl trying to play her fantasies of making Asian content available for anyone. I wanted everyone to fall in love with Korea, as I did.

“Sajangnim, Elle Korea wants to interview you and do a photoshoot,” Ari said as she entered my office.

I smirked. “You perfectly know my answer to that.”

I quickly looked at her. She pouched and continued looking through her iPad. “Time wants to interview you for their piece on tech start-ups.”

“That I will do.” I rapidly said without taking my eyes from the report.

“Sajangnim!” She whimpered.

“What?” I asked still with my eyes glued to the pages.

“Why Time yes and Elle Korea no?” She asked back while pouching.

“You perfectly know why. Elle Korea’s article will be about myself and the scandals of last year. Time’s article has nothing to do with me.” I calmly said.

“We’re not going back to Korea, right?” She asked with resignation.

I finally raised my head and leaned on my chair. I looked at the wall and I quickly got lost thinking of everything I had to endure last year. I’ve been analyzing my decision for months now, and I think it’s time. I wanted to be very honest with Ari, after all, she followed me here without any trace of doubt. I stood up and walked towards the window, I crossed my arms and intently watched the beautiful San Francisco sunset. I now try to enjoy every moment, every aspect, every little thing of my life. “Look at this beautiful sunset.” I said in awe.

Ari stood next to me. “Beautiful indeed.” She said with a smile.

“I want to tell you something.” I looked at her.

“Yeh, Sajangnim.”

“You know very well how hard we’ve worked to make Dramafy the biggest website with Asian content. The company is strong, it’s growing faster than we thought not only in profits, but also in viewership, it’s becoming the website of choice around the world.” She looked at me a little bit puzzled. “What I’m trying to say is that it’s time to sell Dramafy,” I concluded.

She was dumbfounded.  “Sa-Sajangnim.” She whispered.

I grabbed both of her arms. “You know I love all of Dramafy’s team members. You know very well I’m so proud of what we’ve accomplished, but I think I’ve done enough with the company. I have other dreams, I need to look to other horizons, I need to keep burying everything of my past. You know everything that has happened.” I honestly said. Keeping Dramafy means going to the place where I’ve experienced the most painful moments of my life… I need to cut ties with such a place… forever.

A lonely tear ran through her cheek. “Don’t cry,” I begged. “You can stay working for FY Group or work in Travelfy. You know very well Travelfy is such a great company to work for.” I was trying to make her laugh.

“I always thought we would return to Seoul. I thought things could be fixed.”

I bitterly smiled. “This is for the best. Trust me.” I cleared my throat. “Don’t worry. I won’t sell it to someone that doesn’t understand the business or that will fire the team. I will only sell it to someone who truly deserves it. I want someone that really understands what he’s getting into.” I looked at my watch. “You said you have a date tonight. Go! Have fun! We’ll talk about this tomorrow. If you still have questions or you want to know something else about what we’ve just talked about, don’t hesitate to ask… araso?”

I think she felt some reassurance that everything will be alright. She smiled and walked out of the office.

I grabbed my purse and left the office. As I was exiting, Ana reached me. “Are you leaving?” She eagerly asked.

“Yep.”

“Here, Dramafy’s lawyer sent you this.” She said and handed me a yellow envelope. I grabbed it and continued walking.

“Where are you going?” She happily asked again.

I frowned. “You know what I do every Thursday.”

“Oh right! The kid! Totally forgot.” She said and walked away. I turned to look at her. “What’s with her?” I thought.

I got into my BMWI3 and drove to my favorite place in San Francisco. As I parked the car, I saw her with the little munchkin in her arms. I waved to them. “Is he behaving well?” I asked with a big smile on my face.

“Oh! He’s so glad to see you!” She said as Ian raised his little chubby hands towards me so I could grab him. “Hey, sweetheart!” I exclaimed as I em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter