GaHee

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Emi Haro POV

I was in my office, writing my weekly, long, and detailed e-mail to Leo. Leo is the President of Travelfy; he lives in San Francisco where the HQ of Travelfy is located. He comes to South Korea every trimester with other executives to show me the company’s results for that period.

“Sajangnim! Again with a white shirt, jeans, and loafers?” Ari exclaimed, annoyed.

“Uhh.” I said without taking my eyes off my laptop.

“Why?” She asked with a sad tone.

“I read an article on how Mark Zuckerberg and Steves Jobs wore the same t-shirt, sweater, and jeans everyday. Do you know why?”

“Because they didn’t have fashion sense?” Ari replied smiling.

I smirked. “In the wise words of Mark Zuckerberg, I'm in this really lucky position, where I get to wake up every day and help serve more than a billion people. And I feel like I'm not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things that are silly or frivolous about my life.” I said as I raised my head to look at her reaction.

“What does that mean?” Ari asked, confused.

 “It means that I have to make a lot of decisions on a daily basis. And I don’t want to saturate myself with silly decisions about what shirt or dress or skirt to wear… everyday… That’s why I bought a dozen of the same white shirt and jeans.” I said with a smile and I continued writing my e-mail.

She sighed. “Sajangnim, your appointment with Dr. Ji is in 30 minutes. You need to get going.”

“Yep, I’m… just… sending the e-mail... Finished.” I exclaimed. I stood up, turned off my laptop and grabbed my purse. “Can you tell the valet to…”

Ari interrupted me. “Your car is already in the lobby.” She proudly said.

“Thank You!” I said while leaving my office.

“You worked hard Sajangnim.” Ari bowed.

“You too.”

 

I was 15 minutes late to my appointment. I ran to GaHee’s office. I knew she would be mad.

“Unnie!! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! It’s a nightmare to find a parking space in this hospital.” I exclaimed as I entered her office.

“Emiah!! You’re late!!” She shouted as she crossed her arms. 

“That’s why I said I’m sorry.”

“Araso. I’ll have to do this in record time. Go get undressed so I can make the abdominal ultrasound.”

GaHee besides being my best friend is also my gynecologist. I met her at UC Bekerly; she was studying her specialty and I was studying my MBA. We’ve been best friends since then.

I took my clothes off, put a robe on, and lay down on the stretcher. GaHee entered and did the ultrasound.

After the ultrasound I dressed and sat down on the opposite side of her desk to hear her conclusions.

“Everything looks the same. Your right ovary looks healthy. The dermoid cyst in your left ovary is still the same size. Are you taking your pills everyday?” She asked as she looked at the printed ultrasound images.

“Yep. Everyday.” I said.

I suffer from a medical condition called, polycystic ovaries. A year ago when I moved to South korea, GaHee found a tumor on my left ovary. After further examination it was determined that it's a dermoid cyst and it’s not harmful. She told me to get monthly examinations to see how the cyst develops. She has made it clear that someday the cyst needs to be surgically removed. Especially if I want to get pregnant, my chances of getting pregnant with this condition are lower than 5%. I also can’t take birth control pills, due to the hormones. Hormonal changes can make my cyst grow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter