Let's play a game

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji Yong POV

I woke up before the sunrise; I stared at her for quite a while. I won’t lie; I’m so torn. I want to forgive her; I want to return to the point where I was madly in love with her. But, then I remembered her betrayal... Is it really a betrayal? I just hate imagining her in another man’s arms. I wish I could just forget everything and be happy.  Unable to stay by her side after remembering what I call a betrayal, I decided to run away from her. 

Hours later, I arrived directly to YGE from the airport. As I was heading to my studio, I met with Hyun Suk Hyung in a hallway. He looked at me surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“I just got here.” I replied.

“But, you got married yesterday, right?” He whispered. For a moment, just for a moment I acted surprise. For some stupid reason, I thought Hyun Suk wouldn’t know about this. It’s clear that he still has total control of everything that happens in my life. Now, that I think clearly, he may even be the one pulling the strings of my hurried marriage. Trying not to make a drama about this, I just nodded.

“We need to talk about what’s going to happen... follow me.” He said and started walking towards his office. We entered; I closed the door. Hyun Suk walked to the living area; I followed him.  “How do you want to do this?” He asked while sitting.

I took deep breath. “I don’t have any clue.” I said and sat on the couch in front of him.

He looked towards the ceiling with his arms crossed. Minutes later, he finally looked at me.  “I don’t think I need to tell you that this is going to be quite the scandal. The appropriate thing to do would be to hold a press conference, where you explain the situation and ask for forgiveness.” 

I rolled my eyes and frowned. “Hyung! Why do I have to ask for forgiveness? I married her didn’t I? I’m taking responsibility for my son. What did I do so wrong? I’m just a man like any other; with virtues and flaws… maybe I have more flaws than virtues. But, I think this is unfair…” I was getting really angry. Hyun Suk interrupted me.

“I know it doesn’t make sense but, you know how we are. Being public figures not only means enjoying your fans or creating songs. It also means being a role model for everyone that admires you.” He sighed. “Look, I’m not telling you to ask for forgiveness for your romantic life or for your son… You’ll ask for forgiveness for making everything too quickly without letting your fans know about it.”

I hunched and looked down. I know that my fans are going to be really surprised about everything that’s happened. I don’t want them to hate Emi… “Okay. I’ll do the press conference. But, I’m telling you this now… I’m never speaking about my private life again.”  I stood up without saying anything else and left his office.

 

“Hyung! What are you doing here?” Daesung asked. Everyone turned to look at me. All the members had come here to practice our performance for MAMA (Mnet Asian Music awards). 

“What do you mean? Didn’t we plan to come here at this time for our practice?” I asked while taking my coat off. The members quickly gathered around me.

“Where’s Emi?” Young Bae whispered.

“She’s still in Jeju.” I replied and took off my scarf.

“Oh! Is that…” SeungRi made a pause and pointed to my neck with his finger. “Is that a hicky?”

I quickly walked towards the mirror and stared at my neck. A reddish mark was clearly there. “!” I returned for my scarf and put in on.

“So, it looks like you had a lot of fun yesterday!” TOP playfully exclaimed. Everyone laughed. I looked down and smirked.

 

I returned to my condo after practicing till 10 PM. I was exhausted. I threw myself on the couch and closed my eyes. Suddenly, my phone started ringing.

“Hi Mom!” I picked up the call.

“Ji Yongie? Can you ask Emi where she left the ultrasound pictures? I can’t find them.” She said

“I’ll have to call her.” I replied without giving it too much thought.

“What? Isn’t she home from work yet? Aigo! What should I do with this girl! She’s not taking care of my grandson!”

“No. Mom… The thing is that I don’t know if she’s home yet or not. I’m in my apartment and I’m pretty sure she’ll be in her apartment by now.” I tried to comfort her.

“WHAT?” She shouted. “Kwon Ji Yong! Aren’t you staying together? What happened last night? Didn’t you speak with her about where you’re going to live? You’re married now! You and Emi should live together. You should be near her to take care of her and your son!”

I moved away my phone from my ear and took a deep breath. “Araso Mom! I’ll do it.”

“Kure! Stop behaving like a bachelor!” She exclaimed and hung up.

 “Great! I’ll be sharing the same roof of the woman I want to love, but I hate."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 Emi POV

“Why is the negotiation for the rights of "Descendants of the sun" taking so long?” I asked, annoyed.

Everyone looked at each other. “Where are we stuck?” I asked again. No one answered. “Can someone please speak up!” I angrily exclaimed. I wasn’t in the mood to bear with this kind of behavior. It’s been a day since I woke by myself in that stupid cabin; I wish I hadn’t spent the night with him. “!” I thought.

Finally, the Director of Content said: “We’re sorry Sajangnim. We’ve tried very hard to get the rights, but KBS apparently will sign an exclusive contract with Viki.” He stuttered.

I squeezed my eyes. “This can’t happen. What can we do to fix this? This Drama will be a hit. We need to get the rights however we can.” I said.

The Director of Content started to explain how they’ve tried every method known to get ahold of the rights. I started remembering how Soo Hyun Oppa told me about this drama. This is how I know it’ll be a hit. I don’t want to hurt him anymore, but I think he’s the only one who can help me to get what I need. With the views we’ll get for this drama, we’ll become the 2nd largest website with Asian content.

“Meeting suspended! I think I know how I can fix this.” I said while walking out of the meeting room. Ari followed me. “Sajangnim, what will you do?”

As we entered my office, I took out my phone from my jeans’ pocket. I debated for a couple of minutes whether to call him or not.  “I need to make a call.” I said. Ari bowed and left.

“Hello?” He answered my call.

“Oppa…” I said with a soft voice full with guilt.

“Are you okay? Is Jellybean ok?” He asked with a whispery voice.

“Uuhh! We’re fine!” I tried to fake a cheery tone.

“I’m glad!” He cleared his throat. “Are my fans making your life too difficult?”

The official statement of our break up was published two days ago. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter